Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

on 12/5/2015 9:56:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Mixed feelings about this one. Without primer (but over jojoba oil), it makes my skin look TERRIBLE - highlights every pore, flaw, dry skin patch. On the other hand, no shiny forehead like other foundations give me. Don't need to use powder with this one. I'll try some primers and see if it works better!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

If you like & want full coverage this is the foundation to have. It's is fantastic. It gives full matte coverage & has all day staying power.
I have been using this for about 3-4 years & I will continue to use it. I have two off the colours fresco & pale almond. I use pale almond if Im tanned & fresco the rest of the time. Sometimes I mix a bit of both together. When I first started using this product I was going under the sunbed so my skin was always tanned & I used outdoor beige when I was really tanned & pebble when I had a little bit of colour. However, I no longer use the sunbed & therefore I had to change to lighter colours.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This doesn't last as long as promised. Shine peeks through within an hour and it starts separating on my cheeks and around my nose within three hours and I still have to blot around four times throughout the day. By the end of the day it doesn't completely disappear and I normally don't touch up (only blotting film) so I figure touching up with powder will definitely extend the wear. Still better than most foundation that promises all day wear though, so I keep using it.
I have used different tools to apply this: Sigma F80, Beauty Blender, RT buffing, RT expert. The winner would be Beauty Blender for daily use for lighter coverage and skin-like finish (as skin-like as a matte medium-full coverage foundation would be) and not as cakey as using brushes. If I want more coverage for special occasions I use F80 with stamping technique, buffing in the foundation with circular motions will only result in cakey finish as it sets really really fast. Coverage is medium to full though cannot be built up in layers or it will end up looking like a mask, and worse if you have dry flakes.
Texture is quite thick yet runny. It emphasizes my huge pores because the initial finish is very dry and flat. It looks better as my skin gradually oils up, but then again the look doesn't last, just like I have mentioned earlier, it will eventually separate and get patchy.
I have never tried the old version, only the reformulated one so I can't compare. Performs exactly like Covergirl Outlast but with a better shade selection and no oxidizing. My skin is very sensitive and acne-prone but this doesn't cause reaction so it's quite good in my book.
This foundation would be good for normal to oily skinned ladies and gents with no major skin problems like active pimples, dry flakes or huge pores, and live in a cold climate. Oily or extremely oily skin like mine who lives in a hot, tropical climate definitely needs to keep searching for The One.

I haven't personally bought this product. I know people who have used it and I have used it myself. I would say Estée Lauder is a highly recommended brand. I think a lot of people are too focused on some brands today that are expensive ( MAC and Australian brand Napoelon Perdis) and should look at other brands that have been in the market longer that can probably do the job better and have a better range e.g Estée Lauder, Clinique

This foundation is a good coverage and I would personally say is a thick coverage.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

My favorite foundation! I love the light/no cakey feel on my skin with super good coverage. I use it only with my beauty blender and it goes on perfect. No white cast in photographs. I do get a little shiny after about 8h but nothing gross. This will be a repurchase after repurchase etc.

I seriously think this might be the HG foundation I've been looking for. I can't really fault it.
So, I was looking for a foundation that was full coverage but looked and felt natural, reviews saying it was cakey and felt very heavy put me off this foundation for a while. I eventually gave in and asked the girl for a sample and was so impressed I bought the full bottle the next day.
I have really pale skin (Mac NW15) and the shade Cool Bone blends in brilliantly but I would love it to be just the tiniest percentage paler. Just for reference, the SPF 10 version of this is available in my country and is the one I have.
My skin is combination, but my nose is the problem area as it gets really oily nearly as soon as I go out the door and by the end of the work day most foundation rub off the area, including Mac Prolongwear. But Double Wear stays all day, maybe needing a little touch up of powder over the nose every four hours or so which is a miracle for me! It even stays perfect through a shower which I found crazy.
It looks so natural but covers every blemish and I find it to be extremely lightweight, especially in contrast to Prolongwear!
The only cons are the price and the packaging. It's nearly €40 in Ireland which is a lot, but personally I think it's worth it! The packaging looks pretty but I hate having to pour it out and try to estimate how much you need, I actually knocked it over once and spilled nearly half of a new bottle, so a pump system would probably be better.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product gives me a flawless complexion! I am using the shade in Sand and mix it with the shade Bone to match my skin tone perfectly.

This foundation is easy to blend and long-lasting. I have dry skin and this product doesn't accentuate my dry areas nor does it dry out my skin. I find that this product is suitable for pretty much any skin type. Even when my skin tends to be more oily, this foundation doesn't slide around or separate.

On top of that there is a huge shade range to choose from, so there is definitely the right shade for you. This is one of my favourite high-end foundations that I have used so far, but then again, I haven't tried a lot. Nevertheless, it is a great foundation and I would give it 5 stars, but instead it gets 4, because Estee Lauder tests their products on animals.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

So, I bought this foundation a year ago and wore it quite frequently. Over the summer, I transitioned to a more minimal makeup and just wore a TM. Getting back to glamazon :) I started revisiting my stash. I always pushed this aside. I was trying all sorts of foundations, even my previous HG Boots. All were meh. . .finally I put this on. . .2 weeks and several selfies later. . WHY have I waited so long to use this?

Well, I waited because the packaging is tragic. Seriously! It's so easy to pour too much. And, let's face it, at this price point who wants waste?

But, if you can get past the packaging, this stuff is flawless and versatile. I patted it on with a duo-fiber "CC" face brush. Had nice sheer coverage with a powdery finish. I dabbed it on with a damp BB, and it creates a nice airbrush velvet finish with med/med-full coverage. I brushed it on with a generic foundation brush and had a full coverage dewy (well, not quite dewy but. . hmmm. . .glowy?) finish. Literally- SO. MUCH. VERSITILTY

Want your foundation to stay all day? This is it! This ish isn't moving. Not at all! It doesn't get cakey, or slide all over, or separate.

When I wear it sheer, I don't primer. I do find primer helps with application on the fuller coverage looks. I can get it to move and blend better over primer.

Is it HG? Maybe. I have a few more to try, but I haven't tried them yet because I wear this every day.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this foundation is amazing.
I have oily skin, and this foundation will give me at least 18 hour wear. i will wear this foundation for a night out, and i will sweat like crazy when im dancing, and my skin still looks flawless. I can go home and pass out with it on, and my face makeup will look the same as the night before.
it is a full coverage foundation, i only use one layer. i do not find this foundation heavy at all. it has a runny consistency.
this foundation stays matte, controls oil, and looks amazing when applied with a buffing brush, beauty blender or kabuki brush. it blends easily, mixes wonderfully with other foundations and primers, and photographs well.
the only things i do not like about this foundation is the smell (white wine), and that no matter what primer i use, it still settles into my pores (which are quite large). despite these things, i am currently on my second bottle. I can not get enough.
i would definitely recommend this foundation to people with oily skin, but i also have friends who are dry that love this stuff. definitely worth the $43 dollars (Canadian) for a bottle!

This product is great, but it has some drawbacks. Firstly it's very expensive, even for a higher end foundation. And second, it doesn't come with a pump which really sucks. I pour a little bit of product on the back of my hand and then I wipe it on my face with my fingers and then I pat it down with a beauty blender. It's easy to pour to much, so be very careful.

I can't complain about the foundation itself, though. It's a very high quality foundation! I have extremely oily skin everywhere except my nose and this is the only foundation I've found that keeps me dry through the entire day. I'm used to turning into an oil slick after 60 minutes! I'm very impressed with this.

The foundation also looks very natural on my face. Though it is high coverage it doesn't make me look cakey and it doesn't feel like I'm wearing a lot of makeup. And it doesn't transfer at all, which also used to be a major problem for me.

I'm interested in trying the MAC pro-longwear foundation when I run out, but if that doesn't do the trick I will stick to my Estée Lauder!