Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

4.1

So overhyped.
This foundation is absolutely horrible.
It is cakey. It shows ALL of your pores. It's too yellowy. The bottle is horrible. The price is ridiculous.
Just a mess.
I have tried every different way of applying this foundation and different primers underneath to see if I'm just doing it wrong, but no.
I have no idea why people like this. Maybe the formula is different? But I would highly recommend NOT buying this. Revlon Colorstay is a MUCH better alternative for a reasonable price.
Extremely disappointed.

on 4/10/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Loving this foundation! My skin is dry so I have to use a good moisturizer and an oil primer, otherwise it's very cakey and heavy feeling and settles into fine lines. It's covers amazingly and stays forever.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I was late trying this foundation as I was a mac junkie but I got a sample of this and I really liked the coverage and the stay in power it gives me I've been using it for the last couple months and it's become my HG foundation , I can't say it stays on in hot and humid weather as I haven't used it under those conditions yet ,I just also started using the concealer and it reminds me of Mac Pro long wear concealer but I love tha EL one has a wand as I feel like I waste so much product with the Mac one cause of the pump , the only reason I gave it less than 5 lilppies is that this doesn't come with a pump so I had to buy a Mac pump for it and that I have to mix 2 shades to get my tone on my NC 37 skin tone other than that I will deff continue to buy

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Finally! A long wearing foundation color match! I am fair, cool, oily and Fresco is perfect. I've tried Lancome, Kat Von D, and Guerlain and I like the formulas, but I am in between shades in all of them.

I use the Bare Minerals serum foundation brush to apply a very thin layer, otherwise I look like a cakey mess. I bought a pump from MAC and it fits the bottle so I can pump out just a drop for my whole face. It covers my redness and any imperfections quite well. I use Meow Cosmetics mineral powder in Frisky Himalayan to set it which adds light coverage to any problem areas. I have to apply the powder sparingly as well or cakey mess, again.

Double Wear seems to control my oily face better than most foundations. It makes it through sticky days outdoors and has a very nice matte finish. I have not had any breakouts with this foundation. I hope the romance lasts!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

WHY IS THERE NO PUMP? I always pour too much or too little, and it gets messy. So messy.
With that said, this is my new favorite foundation. I used the MAC Pro Longwear before because of its staying power but this is a close second. Granted, it doesn't finish as naturally as the Pro Longwear and you can definitely tell there's makeup on your face, but if applied correctly, it can look quite natural. It's a great foundation with amazing coverage. I barely use concealer now for all my hyperpigmentation and blemishes. I highly recommend this for people with medium to oily skin as it controls the oil like nothing I've ever seen. But I do notice it clings on to dry patches more so I don't think it will work well with dry or very dry skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Your skin but better.

Unlike some other reviewers, I don't feel like this is a cakey foundation. Blends easy on top of very well moisturized skin and looks like your skin with a different tint. (I swear I make it sound like crap while trying to do the opposite) That could work the two ways, good or bad - if you have textured skin (like me) this wont sink and fill your acne scars or large pores, they'll be visible but everything will look uniform in color terms and with a really natural finish - and that works for me.

The way this foundation sinks into my skin is impressive. I never had to use a primer for it to last longer, EVER. And that's one of the main reasons I absolutely love it. It doesn't transfer, you can wipe your mouth all you want, girlfriend. Doesn't move around my face, melt or sinks in my fine lines either - and I don't even use setting powder with it. Now if we're talking heavy making out I won't guarantee it'll stay 100% put but it's the best foundation so far.

There are only two things that disappoint me about this foundation and the price isn't one of them - it's expensive but it's formula makes me think it's totally worth it. What upsets me is the color match, but maybe I'll blame the employee at the store for not matching me correctly. I bought the 1N2 which for a Neutral was already too orange and Ecru is one of the lightest shades if I'm not wrong and it's still too dark comparing to my neck and too saturated of a color. But since the coverage is amazing and doesn't compare to other concealers or foundations, I've been using it as a concealer lately. My cheeks are full of acne scars and I use Double Wear to spot conceal and also color correct my under eyes and then use a light layer of any other concealer and foundation on top and my skin has never looked so well made up!

The other disappointing point is just the fact it doesn't have a pump.

Other than that... it's a product I'm in love with and I wish to find the right color for me because it hurts my wallet but works like no other. I'm very picky on what I spend my money on but the Double Wear foundation is totally worth it.

FORMULA:
Formula is actually amazing, goes on really smooth and delivers full coverage at the same time. Because it is so full coverage, sometimes it can look cakey if I don't buff it into the skin enough (I find that it applies best with a beauty blender/real techniques sponge) but if I apply it right, the finish is flawless and you can't see a single imperfection (and I have acne prone/blemished/scarred skin). Only giving this 4 stars because of the fact that if I sweat a lot (eg: at parties), the foundation moves around my nose area because that is where I excessively sweat (but then again, barely any foundation stays on that area of my face whenever I sweat). Overall it's my HG foundation if i'm heading out to an event.

COLOUR:
the colour matched me perfectly (I am asian with really strong yellow undertones). The range also comes with many choices of colours (pink/neutral/yellow undertones)

PACKAGING:
The product comes in a glass bottle without a pump, which does make it a little hard to control the amount of product that comes out of it (formula is actually quite runny despite coverage so sometimes it all just pours out) but its not that big of a deal, just remember to be careful.

PRICE:
It retails for around 50AUD here in australia which is the average price for many high end foundations, so for a product that delivers the coverage, staying power and colour match I want, the price is extremely reasonable

PROS:
- Full coverage
- Doesn't break me out
- Really good colour match for my skin
- Flawless finish

CONS:
- Bottle is a little annoying
- Can look cakey if applied too thickly (beauty blender is the best tool in my opinion)
- Slides around if on EXTREMELY oily/sweaty skin

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolute Holy Grail!!!! I don't have any major skin problems, only a few blemishes and freckles but the foundation completely gets rid of them leaving your skin looking flawless! I would definitely recommend this product as it is amazing. The only down side is it doesn't come with a pump but you can get them cheap else wear. xoxo

This is the only foundation that truly lasts all f****** day on me! And I'm not talking about a 6h day, I mean the whole entire day from 6am to 10pm! It provides medium-high coverage but yet has a very light and blendable consistency. Feels lightweight and I've been using it for around 4 years and no matter how many other foundations I have tried, none of them come even close to this!

on 3/12/2016 8:52:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was so excited for this as I feel this is almost "the" foundation that most people genuinely agree upon no matter they have dry/oily/mature/young skin. But i have to say I did not enjoy it very much.

I am totally for high coverage foundations, and I don't know if I am doing something wrong but no matter how I wear it, the texture of this after drying down just looks so gritty/rough and not smooth at all! Very cakey and thick looking. However It does even out the skin tone beautifully, covers redness/blemishes without an effort and the staying power is >6hrs on my none T- zone areas.

A comparable foundation with similar staying power would be the Shiseido UV protective liquid and I prefer the finishing on that one more than the double wear!