Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Your skin but better.

Unlike some other reviewers, I don't feel like this is a cakey foundation. Blends easy on top of very well moisturized skin and looks like your skin with a different tint. (I swear I make it sound like crap while trying to do the opposite) That could work the two ways, good or bad - if you have textured skin (like me) this wont sink and fill your acne scars or large pores, they'll be visible but everything will look uniform in color terms and with a really natural finish - and that works for me.

The way this foundation sinks into my skin is impressive. I never had to use a primer for it to last longer, EVER. And that's one of the main reasons I absolutely love it. It doesn't transfer, you can wipe your mouth all you want, girlfriend. Doesn't move around my face, melt or sinks in my fine lines either - and I don't even use setting powder with it. Now if we're talking heavy making out I won't guarantee it'll stay 100% put but it's the best foundation so far.

There are only two things that disappoint me about this foundation and the price isn't one of them - it's expensive but it's formula makes me think it's totally worth it. What upsets me is the color match, but maybe I'll blame the employee at the store for not matching me correctly. I bought the 1N2 which for a Neutral was already too orange and Ecru is one of the lightest shades if I'm not wrong and it's still too dark comparing to my neck and too saturated of a color. But since the coverage is amazing and doesn't compare to other concealers or foundations, I've been using it as a concealer lately. My cheeks are full of acne scars and I use Double Wear to spot conceal and also color correct my under eyes and then use a light layer of any other concealer and foundation on top and my skin has never looked so well made up!

The other disappointing point is just the fact it doesn't have a pump.

Other than that... it's a product I'm in love with and I wish to find the right color for me because it hurts my wallet but works like no other. I'm very picky on what I spend my money on but the Double Wear foundation is totally worth it.

FORMULA:
Formula is actually amazing, goes on really smooth and delivers full coverage at the same time. Because it is so full coverage, sometimes it can look cakey if I don't buff it into the skin enough (I find that it applies best with a beauty blender/real techniques sponge) but if I apply it right, the finish is flawless and you can't see a single imperfection (and I have acne prone/blemished/scarred skin). Only giving this 4 stars because of the fact that if I sweat a lot (eg: at parties), the foundation moves around my nose area because that is where I excessively sweat (but then again, barely any foundation stays on that area of my face whenever I sweat). Overall it's my HG foundation if i'm heading out to an event.

COLOUR:
the colour matched me perfectly (I am asian with really strong yellow undertones). The range also comes with many choices of colours (pink/neutral/yellow undertones)

PACKAGING:
The product comes in a glass bottle without a pump, which does make it a little hard to control the amount of product that comes out of it (formula is actually quite runny despite coverage so sometimes it all just pours out) but its not that big of a deal, just remember to be careful.

PRICE:
It retails for around 50AUD here in australia which is the average price for many high end foundations, so for a product that delivers the coverage, staying power and colour match I want, the price is extremely reasonable

PROS:
- Full coverage
- Doesn't break me out
- Really good colour match for my skin
- Flawless finish

CONS:
- Bottle is a little annoying
- Can look cakey if applied too thickly (beauty blender is the best tool in my opinion)
- Slides around if on EXTREMELY oily/sweaty skin

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolute Holy Grail!!!! I don't have any major skin problems, only a few blemishes and freckles but the foundation completely gets rid of them leaving your skin looking flawless! I would definitely recommend this product as it is amazing. The only down side is it doesn't come with a pump but you can get them cheap else wear. xoxo

This is the only foundation that truly lasts all f****** day on me! And I'm not talking about a 6h day, I mean the whole entire day from 6am to 10pm! It provides medium-high coverage but yet has a very light and blendable consistency. Feels lightweight and I've been using it for around 4 years and no matter how many other foundations I have tried, none of them come even close to this!

on 3/12/2016 8:52:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was so excited for this as I feel this is almost "the" foundation that most people genuinely agree upon no matter they have dry/oily/mature/young skin. But i have to say I did not enjoy it very much.

I am totally for high coverage foundations, and I don't know if I am doing something wrong but no matter how I wear it, the texture of this after drying down just looks so gritty/rough and not smooth at all! Very cakey and thick looking. However It does even out the skin tone beautifully, covers redness/blemishes without an effort and the staying power is >6hrs on my none T- zone areas.

A comparable foundation with similar staying power would be the Shiseido UV protective liquid and I prefer the finishing on that one more than the double wear!

on 3/4/2016 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have a bunch foundation and still searching and comparing each other. This foundation doesn't make break-out though I used it from morning. So obvious, this is better than my Chanel and it has reasonable price. I only used it very little and it can cover all of my dull face.

on 3/4/2016 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The best foundation you will ever buy.
works for me in the winter when I have really dry skin and in the summer when I have really oily skin.
The packaging sucks without a pump and the price is a little high but totally worth it.
I try different foundations all the time but I always come back to this one.
Does not break me out and almost every other foundation does.
lasts over 12 hours.
Does not have an offensive smell and does not clog pores if skin is cleansed properly at night

on 3/3/2016 8:09:00 PM

This is the best foundation ever! I'm kicking myself for not buying it sooner. It last all day and night on my combo skin, even when I am at work in a kitchen I still looks awesome. It also has great oil control much better than most foundations only used powder once mid-day, and I could have even skipped that. The shade I got is Bone 1W1 and it is the best match to my skintone that I have ever had, I'm a Nw20 I believe. This coverage is also perfect making skin look airbrushed, it blends easily and is not cakey or thick at all. Since it is a matte finish I would use a good moisturizer and primer first to keep it from looking too dry. Another great thing about this foundation is that it actually kept my cheap bronzer and blush from fading, after 8 hours everything still looked freshly applied that is definitely a first for me. Overall I am super pleased, this stuff knocks most foundations out of the water, especially Kat Von D's. I give it Holy Grail status! Oh and the no pump sucks but it is totally worth the hassle.

on 2/19/2016 11:16:00 AM

There is a reason why so many people love this foundation...it holds true to the hype. I do not like to pay a lot of money for make-up. I like both high-end and drugstore make-up, so I am really not too picky. On the other hand, I find foundation to be very difficult to shop for. Drugstore foundations are hard to test because there are usually no testers around and the formulas are really just okay. Whenever you find a drugstore foundation that you like, they always end up discontinuing it, so the search for the drugstore foundation is never really over. The best thing about high-end foundation is that they might re-formulate it, but they will be a lot less likely to do away with the product all together.

Besides the fact that I know this foundation will be around forever to purchase, I think that the saleswomen at the mall I go to are so kind. One of them helped me match my exact shade and gave me a ten day sample of the foundation to try. I am medium and yellow-toned, so my exact shade is called Dawn. There is a really large shade selection, so it may take some time to find your match. Ask for help or try out the testers that are available on the counter.

Using a foundation brush, it blends like a dream. A little bit goes a long way for this foundation, so don't use more product than you should. It ain't cheap! I notice that I conceal less when I use this foundation. It is breathable, appears flawless on the skin, and lasts all day. When I blow my nose, go out, or go to work, it stays in place very well with my Coty setting powder. When you need to get the foundation off, I find it to be quite stubborn, so I use a face wipe, cleanse, and then use a toner.

There are only two gripes I have of this foundation...the price is one of them. It's almost $40 for one bottle, which is a lot of money, but I think that foundation should be a splurge. I would probably spend just as much searching for a decent drugstore foundation and trying so many. The bottle is also another thing...it's a glass bottle with no pump. This isn't practical at all! If you drop it, it might shatter. No pump means that you are more likely to waste product. Other than that, the formula is as perfect as it gets. I will definitely buy this foundation.

on 2/11/2016 8:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is by far my HG foundation and I have tried many! For years I will leave it to try something else from drugstore to extremely high end (Chanel) and I always come back to this. I have struggled for years with acne combo skin through numerous treatments including accutane and this has stood up to everything. I work 12 hour shifts as a nurse and this is the only foundation that lasts my entire shift!