Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

3.8

Active: Octinoxate 3; Titanium Dioxide 4.7. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

I only bought this because it was on sale for 20% off and I was having a moment of weakness spending money on things I didn't need at the drugstore! I have tried several other bb creams, and personally didn't care for them and/or need them. I prefer more coverage. The price was good so I tried this one. I have it in Light/Medium.

I am SO impressed with this product. I have worn it every day since purchasing and put my heavier foundations aside for special occasions. It gives my face an overall glow while mattifying and has just enough coverage. I do set with powder and use concealer on any trouble spots (under eyes, pimples etc)

I have never found a foundation, let alone a bb cream, that gives me the almost flawless look to my pores and skin. I have combination skin with large pores on my nose and cheeks, and sometimes dry patches. The finish truly is gorgeous with this product.

My only complaint is the packaging. The product is rather thin, so you don't even have to squeeze the tube for it to come out. It literally pours out when you remove the lid and tip to your palm. It also transfers badly from your hands if you do not wipe or clean them after applying. I forget a few times and looked down on my hands later in the day to see the cream visably on my palms and have also transferred to drawer handles and other items I touched afterwards, so be careful of that.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is my second time editing this review, because I felt that the product was just on and off for me.

I took off 3 lippies out of 5 that I originally gave this BB cream, why? First off, I don't think it's just me, but I found that the packaging was really hard to use, it was one of those twist on, twist off caps, and since the formula is already extremely runny, I had soooo much trouble getting the product out because it's not a pump, or squeeze tube.

Then, I noticed how dry this actually made my skin... Which is really weird, because I have really oily skin. I would set the cream, and come out totally cakey and its gross. Also, this is for light to medium skin, and I hate Garnier for doing this... Light skin and medium skin is soooo different, and I found that this BB cream turned my skin orange, sort of like fake tan orange. No amount of blending could help that!

I returned it, and bought the original Garnier BB cream (75ml), for light skin only, and I LOVE that one instead. It brightens the skin, blurs imperfections, and it comes in a squeeze tube! (yay for squeeze tubes!)

on 1/12/2014 6:02:00 PM

This product makes me look like an oily mess by lunch time. Even my boyfriend who never notices anything to do with my makeup or skin care in general (typical male haha) said to me very nicely that my face looked uber oily and shiny. Argh! I have combination skin, oily through the t-zone and this stuff just embraced my oil and put it out there for everyone to see. I did use this as a base with nothing on top except a little bit of powder. I used just a light layer to cover redness which it did a good job of, but the oil control issue turned me off. Will not be rebuying.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Pros:
--it feels light on the skin.
--It has a nice, light scent.
--It has sun protection.
--The price

Cons:
--It doesn't hide blemishes, dark circles, or scars At ALL, so you'll need a concealer on top.
--Makes me look oily
--the light shade is still too dark

Summary: I use this for stay-at-home days. I'm so pale and sick-looking when I have nothing on my face. This product evens out my skin tone a little bit, and it makes me look like a living human...just one without any makeup on. That's good enough for me for the days I don't want to wear makeup. That is has sun protection is a bonus. Now that Rimmell has a 9-in-1 product, it might be better?

on 1/10/2014 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

UPDATE: With my heart broken, I will have to give up on this BB cream, because it contains way too much alcohol, which is not good for my sensitive, acne-prone skin. I started to use just acohol free products and my skin looks and feels better and calmer.
I am sad, because this stuff looked perfect on my skin.

Me loooove it! :)

I have very oily, acne-prone skin, with billions acne marks (all kinds and shapes). I can say I have tried soooo many foundations in my life without success, but finally I found my two favorites: Revlon Colorstay for combination/oily skin and this little baby. I use the Colorstay more in winter, nights out, special evens, and this one the rest of the time :)

It took me some time to decide to buy it after they started selling it, because I was imagining is just some oily cream with a little tint in it. Until one day, when I met with one of my friends and her face was just "wow". I asked her what foundation she was using(because it was so obvious she had changed something) and surprise: Garnier BB Cream. Being summer and having a little tan, I finally decided I HAVE TO try this. I fell in love and I have been using it since than (one and a half year).

I must admit that when I will finish this one, I will "cheat on it" and I will buy the Bioderma BB Cream, because I am a huge fan of Bioderma and I heard that one is very good too.

I apply this with my Sigma F80 brush, after Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30(i still use another SPF, because the one from a BB cream or foundation is not enough) and I get such a nice semi-matte, healthy looking and natural finish. It has a medium coverage, but is very buildable and still looks nice after 2-3 layers(which I need sometimes to cover very well my scaring without using other concealer).

It keeps my very oily face matte for a decent time(3-4h without using any powder) and it still looks nice at the end of the day. I also didn't have any problems with breaking out.

The texture is very light, not creamy or think at all as somebody mentioned.

The three things i don't like are:
- packaging: it leeeeaks like hell and I must be so careful
- the light shade is a little bit too dark in winter time, but is not very noticeable if you take care at the blending.
- it transfers on clothes and phone

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I chose to try this after hearing all the promises of perfect skin. I have pretty dry skin and it made my face look SO greasy. It's super heavy for a bb cream without much coverage. I've used plenty of tinted moisturizers that stay on much longer, aren't near as greasy and cover better than this.

I like this stuff. I didn't realize at first that I had purchased the kind for oily skin, but that turned out to be a plus. It's a very thin consistency but has very good coverage. It mattifies my skin so that a setting powder really isn't necessary. The color is good, doesn't turn orange or anything like that and I find that once it's on it doesn't tend to rub off like foundation. I think it covers as well as foundation. No strong smell, but I did notice that it burned on open skin when I had a small scrape on my face. The one big drawback is the packaging. As I mentioned, it's thin. The cap doesn't seal well enough to keep the contents from leaking out all over the inside of the cap, so no storing upright. Also, if you have any dry skin, be sure to exfoliate it or this stuff will make it stand out terribly. I use a moisturizer underneath, usually bio oil and apply this after it's soaked into my skin.

Good coverage
Thin, not creamy at all
Matte finish
Can look bad on dry skin
Doesn't rub off
Bad packaging

on 1/8/2014 7:14:00 PM

I bought this BB cream specifically to wear as a light foundation for my skin. When I put it on, it was so thick and disgusting, I just couldn't wear deal with it so I quickly took it off. The consistency is just too thick, especially for a BB cream, not to mention it did nothing for my oily skin. It actually made my skin look greasy. My advice, don't bother with this product unless you're into that full coverage, greasy look.

This BB cream does have very big promises. It supposed to give you immediately perfect skin which means that it is oil-free, it gives matte finish, blurs pores and other imperfections, evens skin tone, moisturizes, reduced signs of fatigue and dullness and it does have a SPF as well. Huge promises...

So firstly the facts. This product does come in three (?) shades: Light, Medium and Dark.
The shades are very universal, but very yellow toned. So if you need cool toned/pink toned product, I don't really think that this will work so well.
Packaging of this product is a very normal tube. Tube is good type of packaging, 'cause it's hygienic and easy to use. Sadly, in this particular case, the tube is very messy and kind of leaks, so you can waste product if you aren't careful.
Third, the price. This is affordable, so if you want to try BB cream for cheap, this is a good option.

And then to the product itself. This BB cream is very average, I don't feel that it does anything magical. You can use this without moisturizer underneath if you are in a hurry, it gives a little moisture on its own, but I wouldn't do that too often. I like to use moisturizer underneath this, 'cause I feel it really needs it.
The coverage is light, but you can build it up to good medium coverage. With one layer it does even out your skin tone, but with more layers it does cover some imperfections like acne scarring or pimples. I have layered this up to three layers and it doesn't look bad or cakey.
The finish is semi-matte in my opinion. It makes your skin look healthy and bright, but not too shiny. I really prefer that kind of finish, but if you thought that this product is going to be your ultimate matte BB cream, you may be disappointed.

Then the staying power. It is a worst thing about this product and also the thing why I'm not going to re-purchase this. The staying power is POOR. This product looks good at first, but after 3-4 hours it starts to look oily and after 5 hours it is a total mess. Using or not using moisturizer underneath doesn't change anything, even primer doesn't change the staying of this product. And my skin isn't even that oily!

So this product didn't live to its promises. It's good in some ways, but not good enough. I could recommend this product to people with normal to dry skin (even tho this is targeted to people with combination/oily skin).

Then a little pros and cons:

PROS
+ Nice buildable coverage
+ Semi-matte finish on your skin
+ Comfortable to wear
+ Price
+ SPF

CONS
- Staying power is awful if you have combination/oily skin
- Shade selection is poor
- Tube can get messy
- Doesn't really correspond to the promises

on 1/6/2014 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product after a friend suggested it. It is an average BB cream. I still have to use a moisturizer with it. The coverage is very little. The color does not blend well with my skin, one shade is too light, the other, too dark. My least favorite part about this BB cream is the packaging. It is horrible. In an upside down tube, the product leaks out. The cap is very messy. Sometimes when I unscrew the cap the product just starts running out. Very wasteful, and very messy. This product works in a pinch, if I am just running a few quick errands in the morning. Will not repurchase, and do not recommend. In fact this product has turned me off of BB creams.