Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

3.1

on 8/3/2014 10:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This was my first face (bb cream, foundation, powder) product purchase, and I was so excited to try it out. Man, this was really a let-down.
First off, there's only 3 shades to choose from. I am so so so fair and even the lightest shade wasn't light enough for me. Just a dab of this stuff made me look like a really bad orange fake tanned mess.
This stuff gave me two large pimples on my forehead (and they sting!). I wanted to like this product soo badly but I just don't think it's for me:/
I'm giving this 3 lippies because after some very very hard blending, it does look somewhat natural and gives a nice look to my skin. I set this with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder and it looks ok when I need some coverage.
It stinks because I love love love Rimmel products.
I use Maybelline Baby Skin over this stuff(yes, over it) and it gets rid of any cakey-ness that I can see.

Personally, I'm not a BB-cream girl. I was really hoping that this one would be better, but not much.
It oxidized quite a bit, made my skin itch a lot (most likely the linalool) and gave me a break out of tiny bumps.
Not for someone with sensitive skin.
I also noticed some random colour streaks when I squeezed out the tube once... very weird.

on 7/27/2014 11:28:00 PM

I like this bb cream because of the consistency. The only thing is that the light has almost a grayish tint and medium is orangey so I do wish there was a mix if the 2 colors. The coverage is pretty good but I wouldn't use this as a primer THEN put foundation over that would be too much. Overall a good bb cream and I would purchase again.

on 7/18/2014 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this foundation/ BB cream and have purchased 6 or 7 bottles so far. It covers well, doesn't break me out and covers very, very well although I still use concealer over any dark acne marks or blemishes. I love that it has Avobenzone as the sunscreen which I haven't been able to find in any other foundation. The price is great too!

on 7/8/2014 3:09:00 AM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This was nice. The lightest shade wasn't too orange and the finish was semi matte. It wasn't too heavy yet had a medium coverage. It wasn't amazing but for the price a good value buy.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

As much as I tried to like this BB cream, it isn't for me. I desperately needed a new BB cream since I had run out of my Garnier BB cream. Since I wanted to try something new, I picked up this BB cream from my local Big W. The colour choices are very limited, however that is expected of most BB cream ranges. What I found about this BB cream colour is how pink toned it is. I have a neutral undertone, so I had to apply very little of this BB cream to avoid my face looking like a pink mess. The coverage and consistency is quite nice for a BB cream, however the colour of the cream stopped me from building coverage on my face. Will not be buying this product again!

This BB cream is great for everyday use especially because there is spf 25. I would recommend it for all ages and all skin types. It didn't break me out and is extremely moisturizing. Bad thing is that there are only 3 shades..

on 6/21/2014 2:37:00 AM

I'm asian and my skin tend to have brown spots due to sun damage, oily t-zone, and acne prone chin and nose. But this product is perfect for me!!! It has SPF that protects from adding more brown spot on my face, cover my blemishes, and doesn't cause breakout on my skin. I often apply this with my fingers but I noticed that it looks better and even if I use a foundation brush. :) Also perfect for base make up when using a powder.

on 6/4/2014 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm not a huge fan BB cream fan in general but I'm too lazy to do foundation for work so I've been on the hunt for a decent BB cream that I can quickly smooth on.

This product was recommended for me by a friend so when Walgreens had a 50% off Rimmel sale I gave it a try. I love it! It would never replace foundation for me but on work days or when I'm running errands, it is great. I am very oily so I do end up shiny in a few hours but I always expect that. What I love about this product is that it does not oxidize which is a problem I've had with other BB creams and it gives fairly good coverage.

It definitely has mixed reviews here on MUA but I'd say give it a try if you've been considering it...just look out for a sale! :)

on 5/28/2014 10:25:00 AM

This is a great BB cream if you are on the oilier-combo side, not dry and you don't have dry patches. I like the high SPF, the light shade is beige not yellowish, so it suits more cool-neutral skin colors. If you are very pale, this will be too dark.
As a summer foundation this looks great. Since I find that high end BB creams also are nothing but tinted moisturizers in my experience I can't say that this is ok only price wise, simply that is good and cheap enough to try.
What I don't like about BB creams is that they all leave that glowy finish that most women want and like and I am not a fan of it at all. I find that this one is less dewy and if your skin is normal in texture it will simply conceal and disappear (as in it does not leave traces or looks visible in the mirror). It is easy to blend in with fingers, as any foundation or tinted cream you must tap it gently to make it blend into the skin easily.