MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

I hate this product and wish I hadn't spent my money on it!! As some other reviewers have written, the cream settles into my pores even after I spent ages blending and setting it with powder. It looks cakey even though I only use a tiny amount. The only thing I liked was the colour (and the packaging, which is always fabulous with MAC). I wish I could have made this product work for me :(

on 6/26/2013 8:00:00 PM

I think this is a really great BB cream! To be honest I kind of forgot about it, and tried other brands like Aveda, NARS etc but this one is the better. It has SPF and pretty nice coverage. I use a Tarte airbrush foundation brush (big and round) to put it on and it looks really nice. Set with powder and All Nighter and I'm good! I am not using it right now because I am kind of broke and am using a Korean one that is cheaper (Missha Perfect Cover) but when I want to splurge I'll rebuy this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Do not use this if you have enlarged pores!!! After reading such good reviews I had hoped for a little more than this product delivers. The texture is nice when applying, but immediately it just sits in my pores. I thought it would even out my complexion and act like a 'primer' therefore hiding enlarged pores!!! It is called "prep and prime" after all.

I wanted to try a BB cream for the summer since I usually wear the Studio Tech and its very heavy and has no SPF. I really love how my skin looks with this on but I wish that putting it on wasn't such a project. It is very streaky when using a foundation brush but goes on great with a sponge. The problem with using the sponge is it takes up double the product. At $30 a tube that really isn't ideal. The MA at MAC told me to pat it on with the brush and it takes forever:(

Love it as a primer under my sfn powder. Needs to be applied quickly!!!! Must also use a light hand or it appears dry and cakey. I use a wet beaty blender. Not great for someone that needs heavy coverage. Overall great for evening out skintone :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I decided to get this bb cream for my foundation primer after being persuaded against the prep and prime skin by an employee. I like how easily it applies and feels like a tinted sunscreen. The downside to this is that I don't think it is non-comedogenic as I am breaking out more than usual using this even if I am taking off my makeup every night before bed and washing my face thoroughly. If I still had the box with the return sticker on it I would gladly return it but I threw it away and have to use it until its gone. I really wanted to enjoy this as it is a big splurge (30 bucks for a tube) but alas I felt like it was a big waste of money and I do not want to throw it out entirely. I will stay with the prep and prime skin since it absorbs oil anyway and feels good on my skin when I run out of this. Maybe in the future and when it gets too hot for regular thick foundation I will buy a BB cream that will hopefully not clog my pores.

on 5/17/2013 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to like this after reading the good reviews but sadly it was awful. It immediately would settle into my pours and make them more visible, even after blending well. I was looking for a BB cream that could be a primer and even out my skin tone as well but this didn't fill the bill.

After a few hours it looked like I hadn't applied anything on my face and worst of all I started breaking out after using it a few days. I cleared right up after I stopped using it so I know it was the cream. Plus the color the sales girl gave me was too light for my skin tone even though it was the darkest they had. Really disappointed!

on 5/3/2013 11:18:00 PM

This is the first BB that I have tried...and it works great for me. I especially like the amount of SPF protection (35 I think). It matches my skin an looks natural....probably will be my go to for the summer. I wear it alone and set with powder, I would describe it as light coverage. I tried the very light shade as I am quite fair.

on 4/17/2013 4:58:00 PM

I was looking for another BB Cream because I am running out of my Smashbox Camera Ready one. I have a few MAC eyeshadows and a foundation - and I'm really loving their products! This BB is exactly what I was looking for. It helps control oil, it has a SPF of 35 (which is really good for me because I am so pale!) and it goes on for a nice sheer natural finish. It does have a bit of a sunscreen smell, but that doesn't bother me. I usually wear this alone without powder, but if I'm having a day where my skin wants to be a bit problematic, I will apply some translucent loose powder to my t-zone. It stays on well throughout the day. It's not as waterproof or smudge resistant as the foundation that I have by MAC, but it works well for me. It really covers up the redness that I occasionally have in my cheeks and around my nose. It helps me achieve the flawless 'no makeup' look that I am most comfortable wearing. I apply it with my fingers and blend blend blend until it looks even. It isn't difficult to blend it that way, however, if I use a regular foundation brush, it gives me a very 'streaky' or even sometimes a 'cakey' look. If that happens I just blend it out with my fingers until it disappears. This is a very nice product, good for the warmer months when I need something a bit lighter.

I love this product because it lasts through out the day! The only downside is that I find that it can make my shine a little shinier than I'd prefer after a few hours of wear but that's nothing a blotting paper can't fix! The price is good for this product and one of the tubes goes a long way.