MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really love the way this product looks on my skin. I can use it alone or as a primer and its really beautiful. Unfortunately, it breaks me out. Which sucks because no one else seems to have this issue. I am also really oily and feel like by the end of the day my skin is super slick if I use this product without my foundation. Bummer because I really do like the way this looks in my skin.

on 8/7/2013 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily/dry combination skin.

I really want to love this product, but it's just a big problem from application to its wearing power. Right now I am using it as a primer. I put MAC Studio Fix Fluid (I blended it with moisturizer to make it more hydrating and less coverage) on top. My face looks horrible. You can see all my pores. The other day I used it alone just as a tinted moisturizer, and it has the same effect. I don't know what I am doing it wrong.

I usually use a Beauty Blender (aka a sponge) to apply it or my hands because the stuff doesn't blend too well so I don't want to spend 30 minutes using a brush. It's kind of an arm workout trying to put it on.

No matter what I do, my pores look more noticeable. Also, it cakes around my nose and between my eyebrows and mouth. It seems as though any spot on my face that moves (smile lines etc), that's where it likes to look flakey and cakey at.

The effect is immediate too. It's not like it looks flakey 4 hours later. It looks shiny 4 hours later, but it looks flakey immediately. I even try to spray Fix + on it to fix it, doesn't work. Also, the product is not as matte as I want it to be and knowing that the oil slick comes very soon after, I usually use MAC mineralize studio powder on top which doesn't help the flakiness one bit.

I've tried using two different primers (Smashbox Photo Finish and MAC Prep+Prime Natural Radiance) and also using no primer with this. Either way, the results are horrible.

Only giving it two stars because it does look natural where it doesn't flake and I like how moisturizing it can feel but it doesn't look moisturizing because my skin looks flakely.

Also, this is not even a true BB cream. I feel played now since I realize that after buying it. There is no anti-anging ingredients or skin brightening. It's basically a glorified tinted moisturizer/primer. Lame.

on 8/3/2013 10:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

OK, backstory time.

I was in texas and was walking around and asked what a good foundation for oily skin is. So the Artist showed me this. She went on and on about how she had it on. FOR ONE LADY!!! Don't cake on your makeup and try to give me advice, I'm sorry. And TWO! thanks for the sample. I took it home and in comparison to the Clinique bb cream I liked it. I went to a diff mac counter later to ask another opinion intending to buy the BB cream and she actually put it on me. But with a blush brush.... so it looked funny. But hey I bought it anyway. I find that with the new Benefit 15 Hour primer it goes on without settling into my HUGE pores. And I top it off(Just in case) with a light dusting of Studio Fix powder... I think NW20...
Loving it. May use it all year round too!

UPDATE! 08/06/13

Ok, I find that this product does not help with oily skin over time. I have used everyday now and I see oil come through after only 4 hours... even with studio fix powder(which I am ALSO returning). I just do not like how it settles in lines and pores over time. I wash my face everyday too and prime. So this is going back to the store. Way too pricey for what it does for me. I really wanted to like it because of the cute glittery packaging and the nice coverage it provides. But I have broken out on it and it clogs my pores like CRAZY!! Exposed pores beware.

This is only what it does to me. Feel free to try it if you don't mind spending the money to try. I would ask the return policy too.

on 7/29/2013 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this!!!! It makes your skin feel amaze and super flawless! With lots of shades to choose from!!! Works best with mineralise skin finish! Last all day! Would recommend!

I hate this product and wish I hadn't spent my money on it!! As some other reviewers have written, the cream settles into my pores even after I spent ages blending and setting it with powder. It looks cakey even though I only use a tiny amount. The only thing I liked was the colour (and the packaging, which is always fabulous with MAC). I wish I could have made this product work for me :(

on 6/26/2013 8:00:00 PM

I think this is a really great BB cream! To be honest I kind of forgot about it, and tried other brands like Aveda, NARS etc but this one is the better. It has SPF and pretty nice coverage. I use a Tarte airbrush foundation brush (big and round) to put it on and it looks really nice. Set with powder and All Nighter and I'm good! I am not using it right now because I am kind of broke and am using a Korean one that is cheaper (Missha Perfect Cover) but when I want to splurge I'll rebuy this.

I wanted to try a BB cream for the summer since I usually wear the Studio Tech and its very heavy and has no SPF. I really love how my skin looks with this on but I wish that putting it on wasn't such a project. It is very streaky when using a foundation brush but goes on great with a sponge. The problem with using the sponge is it takes up double the product. At $30 a tube that really isn't ideal. The MA at MAC told me to pat it on with the brush and it takes forever:(

Love it as a primer under my sfn powder. Needs to be applied quickly!!!! Must also use a light hand or it appears dry and cakey. I use a wet beaty blender. Not great for someone that needs heavy coverage. Overall great for evening out skintone :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I decided to get this bb cream for my foundation primer after being persuaded against the prep and prime skin by an employee. I like how easily it applies and feels like a tinted sunscreen. The downside to this is that I don't think it is non-comedogenic as I am breaking out more than usual using this even if I am taking off my makeup every night before bed and washing my face thoroughly. If I still had the box with the return sticker on it I would gladly return it but I threw it away and have to use it until its gone. I really wanted to enjoy this as it is a big splurge (30 bucks for a tube) but alas I felt like it was a big waste of money and I do not want to throw it out entirely. I will stay with the prep and prime skin since it absorbs oil anyway and feels good on my skin when I run out of this. Maybe in the future and when it gets too hot for regular thick foundation I will buy a BB cream that will hopefully not clog my pores.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Do not use this if you have enlarged pores!!! After reading such good reviews I had hoped for a little more than this product delivers. The texture is nice when applying, but immediately it just sits in my pores. I thought it would even out my complexion and act like a 'primer' therefore hiding enlarged pores!!! It is called "prep and prime" after all.