Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this one for a little while now, and I have to say it's not too bad, but not that great either. It gives a very light coverage (which is exactly what BB creams do), and ever so lightly hydrates my normal-to-dry skin. It blends easily without greasing, but doesn't last very long. It is quite perfect though for days when you don't feel like wearing full coverage or have naturally problem-free skin.

The BB cream claims to do a lot of things, but none of them are very visible. The packaging is quite ugly for my taste and by having to actually squeeze the product out of the tube, it wastes some product. Good for those on the budget, but really it doesn't feel that amazing for what it claims to be.

on 3/19/2016 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I got this experimenting with different liquid foundations because I had always used powder. (I know this is a BB cream, but it was almost summer.) I was so excited and I loved he results, how it blurred, how nice my skin felt, and the color. After about a month or so I realized that this is what had been breaking me out so bad. Lots of cystic acne, which is horribly painful. I was told by friends to get the acne clearing one, but salicylic acid has never worked for me. Everybody's skin is different, but I was really disappointed.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Mediocre at best. Sure it evens skin tones but it melts off and isnt that mositurizing. I'll put it in the statsh pile for summer pool days where I want minimal coverage.

on 3/13/2016 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am on my 4th tube of this. I am the light shade. On days when I don't feel like wearing a full foundation routine, I just throw on some of this & some light concealer. Its the perfect light coverage, and doesn't leave my skin feeling heavy or that "cakey" feeling. Just light & fresh which is how I prefer it. Its just an overall good drugstore bb cream. Only negative thing I have to say is that I find the smell to be kind of unpleasant, but it does not linger, and the packaging wastes a lot of product. When I was pretty much out and in need of a quick fix, I couldn't get anymore out of the tube so I cut it open to just get the rest out & toss it, to my surprise there was at least 5 or 6 more portions of product left in it. That's my only nit pick. I would recommend this for a good light coverage drugstore bb cream.

on 3/12/2016 3:59:00 PM

on normal days I wear only Spf to school , but when I use this bb cream it makes my skin glow ! I have dry to normal skin , I have this in light . it has spf in it which is great , when I use it , it gives me a healthy look , but makes me alittle bit greasy so i set it with powder , when i don't set it it wears off after a short period . the coverage is very shear but i don't mind since I don't have skin issues .
I won't buy this product when i finish it , I want to try other BB creams .

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

A very light coverage, but i don´t mind since i don´t really have anything major I´d like to cover up. It evens my skintone ( i´m fair) BUt it doesn´t do much more.
Overall a good product i would recommend, a bit pricey maybe considered the light results. It doesn´t really last all day either. I tend to get oily after lunch in my t- zone.

Meh.

It has light coverage and doesn't break me out. Comes in a light enough colour for me and has spf.

It disappears after 3-5 hours and I get greasy. Feels a little bit stingy around my nose when applied but doesn't seem to irritate it.

Probably would not repurchase as it's quite underwhelming.

I usually wear MAC prolongwear foundation and bought this bb cream to wear around the house or grocery shopping so I could save my MAC for more important occasions. This bb cream did not impress me but it did not disappoint me either. the coverage is so light. It makes my skin look better than it does naked and it does even my skin tone. I have acne scars so I use a concealer with the bb cream to cover those. This cream leaves your skin pretty shiny and is a tad oily so I finish it with powder. I would not recommend this to people with oily skin. It makes my skin oily and I don't even have oily skin. It also settles into lines after only 30 mins of wearing. I would not repurchase this. I plan to get an actual foundation with coverage and staying power. It has no smell and so far has not broken me out.

Update: this product has been breaking me out.

on 2/25/2016 1:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This didn't have enough coverage for me and I don't usually use products with a lot of coverage (typically tarte BB or purminerals powder). It also left my face way too shiny as well. Revlon photoready bb is a better product in my opinion if you are looking for a drugstore BB cream. Would not repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have this product in light, and have the version for oily/combination skin. In terms of living up to it's expectations; it claims to do the following:
1) clears acne - I have mildly sensitive, acne-prone skin, and I have found that this product doesn't really help with acne, although it hasn't made my skin any worse.
2) conceals imperfections - it is a light coverage product, and so I found that it does a good job of concealing imperfections. It evens out skin tone and covers all except any major blemishes. I have light freckles across my nose and cheeks and this will cover most of them as well.
3) minimises look of pores - yes, to an extent. I didn't notice a drastic improvement, but like any foundation or bb cream is evens my skin out and minimises the appearance of pores.
4) reduces appearance of redness - yes, it worked well for me for this, although my skin doesn't have a lot of redness, I found that it reduced all of the redness in my skin.
5) adjusts to skin tone - I can't really say whether it 'adjusts' to my skin tone, but it matched me well enough.
6) hydrates and smooths - definitely found that it hydrated my skin, it feels nice on the skin although a little bit tacky if I don't set it in place with powder, and will transfer if you don't set it.
7) enhances and clarifies skin - definitely not to be used in place of a good skin care regimen, I can't say that I noticed any significant improvement in my skin from using this but I also didn't notice any bad reaction either.
8) Is oil-free with a light weight feel - yes light weight, and doesn't clog my pores. Goes oily on me after four-ish hours in my t-zone.

EDIT: so I have been using this for the past four months, and have repurchased twice. One more note is that it will stay looking nice for up to 4-6 hours as long as you don't touch your face because it transfers very easily, especially if you don't set it with powder. So would definitely recommend setting with a powder, using a primer and/or a setting spray to keep it in place all day.

Overall, I really liked this and would definitely repurchase. Would recommend for a lighter makeup look, wouldn't use for going out or a heavier makeup look but overall I was impressed.