Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.2

Meh.

It has light coverage and doesn't break me out. Comes in a light enough colour for me and has spf.

It disappears after 3-5 hours and I get greasy. Feels a little bit stingy around my nose when applied but doesn't seem to irritate it.

Probably would not repurchase as it's quite underwhelming.

I usually wear MAC prolongwear foundation and bought this bb cream to wear around the house or grocery shopping so I could save my MAC for more important occasions. This bb cream did not impress me but it did not disappoint me either. the coverage is so light. It makes my skin look better than it does naked and it does even my skin tone. I have acne scars so I use a concealer with the bb cream to cover those. This cream leaves your skin pretty shiny and is a tad oily so I finish it with powder. I would not recommend this to people with oily skin. It makes my skin oily and I don't even have oily skin. It also settles into lines after only 30 mins of wearing. I would not repurchase this. I plan to get an actual foundation with coverage and staying power. It has no smell and so far has not broken me out.

Update: this product has been breaking me out.

on 2/25/2016 1:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This didn't have enough coverage for me and I don't usually use products with a lot of coverage (typically tarte BB or purminerals powder). It also left my face way too shiny as well. Revlon photoready bb is a better product in my opinion if you are looking for a drugstore BB cream. Would not repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have this product in light, and have the version for oily/combination skin. In terms of living up to it's expectations; it claims to do the following:
1) clears acne - I have mildly sensitive, acne-prone skin, and I have found that this product doesn't really help with acne, although it hasn't made my skin any worse.
2) conceals imperfections - it is a light coverage product, and so I found that it does a good job of concealing imperfections. It evens out skin tone and covers all except any major blemishes. I have light freckles across my nose and cheeks and this will cover most of them as well.
3) minimises look of pores - yes, to an extent. I didn't notice a drastic improvement, but like any foundation or bb cream is evens my skin out and minimises the appearance of pores.
4) reduces appearance of redness - yes, it worked well for me for this, although my skin doesn't have a lot of redness, I found that it reduced all of the redness in my skin.
5) adjusts to skin tone - I can't really say whether it 'adjusts' to my skin tone, but it matched me well enough.
6) hydrates and smooths - definitely found that it hydrated my skin, it feels nice on the skin although a little bit tacky if I don't set it in place with powder, and will transfer if you don't set it.
7) enhances and clarifies skin - definitely not to be used in place of a good skin care regimen, I can't say that I noticed any significant improvement in my skin from using this but I also didn't notice any bad reaction either.
8) Is oil-free with a light weight feel - yes light weight, and doesn't clog my pores. Goes oily on me after four-ish hours in my t-zone.

EDIT: so I have been using this for the past four months, and have repurchased twice. One more note is that it will stay looking nice for up to 4-6 hours as long as you don't touch your face because it transfers very easily, especially if you don't set it with powder. So would definitely recommend setting with a powder, using a primer and/or a setting spray to keep it in place all day.

Overall, I really liked this and would definitely repurchase. Would recommend for a lighter makeup look, wouldn't use for going out or a heavier makeup look but overall I was impressed.

on 2/16/2016 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a really decent BB cream for the price: light coverage, plenty of product, and moderately moisturizing. I didn't expect much from the $8 tube. However, after using the cream in a number of different ways, I ultimately found a good use for the product.
The cream cannot really be used by itself as the coverage is very, very light. Further, I would not recommend using the product along with liquid foundation as the foundation will slide right off in an hour or two.
I use the Maybelline BB cream over a skin primer to keep the product in place. I then apply a light, light layer of powder foundation to fully cover any skin imperfections.
I like this cream because it allows me to go without a thick liquid foundation and without concealer for a more casual, natural look.
I would buy again.

on 2/15/2016 12:25:00 PM

I have a dry acne prone skin, I was not using any bb creams or foundations for three months and my skin was absolutely clear and than I bought this BB cream and only after two days of use I broke out like crazy. Immediately stopped using this product.

on 2/10/2016 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Coverage = very low

Texture = this makes my skin look oily AF. I am 34 and my skin is normal to dry. With this on, it looks oilier than my skin was at 13 with pimples. Ick!

Color = skews orange

Overall feeling = hate it enough to log on and review it

on 1/28/2016 10:39:00 AM

I've been using this bb cream for years! i use it mostly in the summer time when I'd rather have something more light on my face (instead of foundation). the only thing i do not like is it is a tad orangey on my pale skin

on 2/12/2016 5:16:00 PM

It was ok but it didn't cover enough and the lightest shade was still too dark for me. It looked cakey after a few hours.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I currently own this product in Light Sheer Tint and Light/Medium Sheer Tint and I love them! This was the first BB Cream that I've tried and I think it's really nice! It does give light coverage and I like to wear it on days where my skin isn't too bad but I want a little bit of coverage. The product feels nice on my skin and it doesn't look cakey. I think this always needs to be set with a powder after application but I think this is a nice drugstore BB cream for every day.