Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++
Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.8

on 2/15/2013 1:41:00 PM

This is similar to, but better, than the black label version.

PROS:
-medium coverage
-blends easily
-color looks natural even on my pale skin
-all mineral sunscreen and high PPD

CONS:
-emphasizes flakes no matter how much I exfoliate and moisturize
-further dries out my dry skin
-looks slightly on my nose and between my eyes, even thigh these are the oilier parts of my face

I liked the coverage and the mineral sunscreen aspects, but it dried out my skin. It also emphasized the flakiness on my face, but it was similar to other mineral sunscreens in that regard. I think it would be good for someone with oily skin since it's very matte and drying, but it just didn't work for my skin.

on 1/27/2013 5:50:00 PM

I have very fair skin, so I probably should have known better than to try and use a foundation that comes in a one size matches all color. At first when I put it on it matched pretty well and I was able to lighten up the color a bit with a face powder, but after a few minutes the cream oxidizes and darkens in color, leaving a prominent foundation line on the outer parts of my face. What a shame too since I liked the formula a lot.The cream felt really great on my skin, and it definitely moisturizes. Coverage is medium to light. Not recommended for fair skin though.

on 1/7/2013 4:43:00 PM

I have dehydrated, combination skin which is pretty sensitive. I use this product as a foundation, only on my cheeks and chin. If I apply it to my forehead, I do tend to get flakies (since my forehead skin is pretty dry). I apply a thick moisturizer before, let that sink in, then apply a Clarin's sunscreen. Finally I apply this product. I would say it provides light-medium coverage, with a satin finish (not matte, not dewy). One tube lasts me about 6 months. Overall, I really like this product! It doesn't make me break out or cause itchy red spots, which is a huge deal for me (and my sensitive skin).

on 1/13/2013 1:35:00 AM

My skin is pretty good, a little on the dry and dehydrated side. I have no scars that I need to cover or acne. I'm NW 15.

I like this BB cream, I always use it either as a moisturizer and sunscreen in one or as a foundation. For a long day I might add more foundation in the areas I need it and skip concealer.

The effect is amazing. It feel good on my skin and evens it out a little. It looks fresh and natural, basically a little powder and I'm good to go (with concealer or foundation in some places).

During the summer I still opt to use a higher spf underneath it, but I love this because I can touch up on the sunscreen properties. I will rebuy this often an a lot

This is a super-creamy, natural product, that is WORTH EVERY PENNY. It's packaging is so nice, very expensive-looking, and I positively adore the pump! You only need a small amount, and it blends flawlessly into your skin, not sitting awkwardly on top like some face products do. It smells nice and feels refreshing, like a crisp, cool morning. I have no complaints about this product, and it seems to live up to the claims. This is probably the best BB Cream from Dr. Jart+

on 1/14/2013 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got a sample of this from Sephora a couple of weeks ago and instantly loved it. From the second I put it on I had a dewy, glowing complexion. I don't have a problem with acne, but I do have dry, dull skin, with some dark spots. This evened out the dark spots and left my dull skin looking so nice. And it provides enough coverage for me that I don't use foundation or even powder over it. After using it for two weeks, I think my skin looks better over all, even when I am not using it.

on 10/19/2012 9:36:00 AM

I bought this a week ago on a whim in place of my tinted moisturizer and have been using it daily. I have only tried 2 other BB creams before this (Smashbox which was too visible on top of my skin) & Boscia which was too dark for my NW15ish skin). This stuff is amazing so far. It goes on so smoothly, sinks in, evens out my skintone, moisturizes, and provides sun protection. It's exactly what I want in a "foundation"--that no make-up look/feel. A little powder finishes it off. I have an oily t-zone and this does not make it worse as some products do. I still have to blot later in the day w/an oil absorbing sheet but that is to be expected. So far I love this.

on 12/26/2012 5:26:00 PM

If I had to pick one word to describe this BB cream, it would have to be moisturizing. I use this BB cream only in the winter - keeps my skin moisturized all day. The texture/feel on my skin is a little too moist & thick for the summer. I definitely use this if I am running late & skip a few steps in my regular morning skincare regimen. BB creams definitely help your skin overall.

Coverage - medium. Put on a few extra layers if you want more coverage. One full/deep press of the pump is plenty enough product for my face for med-full coverage.

Lasting Period - Good enough for the 8-hour work day. Didn't feel too oily at the end.

Packaging - My only major tiff about this product is the packaging. Sometimes, the pump will pump product out smoothly and controlled, so you get the amount you need. Other times, when you press the pump, you might get nothing. You try the pump again, and the product spits out all over the place in small droplets. It would have been alright if the small droplets landed on my hand, but I've found it on my sink, floor, hair, and pajamas in the morning while I get ready. Maybe there are air bubbles or something. The bottle is a hard case, so you can't squeeze any of the product out when you near the end. I have yet to try and take off the plastic pump to see if there's more product left in there.

Price: $31 sale ($39 reg price at Sephora + 20% OFF discount)

Would I buy this again? Possibly. There are so many other BB creams out there these days that it would take awhile for me to circle back to this particular BB Cream from Dr. Jart. I'll probably try the other BB creams by DJ.

I've been using this for over a month now, and I love it. I have fair NC 20 skin that is usually oily and this blends right in, cancels out redness, and doesn't make me shiny. The high SPF rating is great, too. Be aware that this BB cream is not nearly as thick as foundation and you may still need to use an additional concealer for any dark marks or blemishes you want to hide. Personally I like that it's light weight, but someone looking for full coverage would be disappointed. Overall this is great for my needs and I'll definitely be repurchasing it after I run out.

EDIT: I eventually stopped using this as I decided it was a bit too dark for my skin and it triggered some small breakouts. I still think it would be a great product for a lot of people, though.

on 11/12/2012 5:07:00 PM

This is my FAVORITE BB cream I have EVER used. The packaging is neat it looks like you would squeeze the bottle to get product but instead once you take the cap off there is a pump. The bottle cap isn't very tightly on the bottle so it often falls off, but since the product is so well I can deal with it! The coverage is light but there is something about it that makes your skin look very nice. It doesn't make your skin break out which is something I have to have due to the fact I have sensitive skin. There is no scent either. Overall It is just a wonderful product.