Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

This has been my face powder for years now. Its ultra soft, delivers a nice coverage, takes away the shine and oil , and it doesnt break me out. The downsides are: the packaging (I wish they had a compact / smaller version of this to be able to carry in my purse's makeup bag , and the durability, it only stays put for a couple of hours.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

***UPDATE 02/04/2017***
Changed rating from 4 to 3, this was definitely something that caused some skin issues for me. I didn't think it did for the longest time but since testing out the Laura Mercier loose powder I noticed how much more comfortable my skin felt while wearing makeup with it versus the Coty. Pretty sure the fragrance in this irritates my skin. Definitely much prefer the Laura Mercier.
_________________________

I was very surprised with this powder. I've been using this off and on for 1 1/2 years and it's something I keep coming back to. I have this in Naturally Neutral and it lightens my foundation a little (NC37-40) but I use bronzer so I don't mind. I have very oily skin, I've tried a lot of powders ranging from high end to drugstore and this powder is one of the best at controlling oil and making your makeup really last (it's right up there with Tarte Smooth Operator). The thing I love most about it though, is its ability to cover pores and texture so well. It honestly does it better than any powder I've used in recent years which really wowed me. I have some minor texture scarring from old acne on the lower half of my cheeks and this smooths them out to the point where they're barely noticeable and my skin looks even. I also notice this evens out the look of pimples quite a bit. Under very harsh lighting and another time at a resturaunt one day my sister commented how smooth my skin looked and both times I had this powder on. So it really does help even out the surface but it doesn't really provide coverage. It's pretty finely milled but I wouldn't say super finely milled. It does have a bit of heft but I wouldn't say it's a super heavy powder neither. It does make your skin feel super smooth and perfectly set though. Now, I have a very differentiating opinion when it comes to using this under your eyes to set or "bake". I don't like it under my eyes at all. It makes it look dry and crepey. I don't have bad fine lines, my eye area isn't that dry and I moisturize well but it's just too heavy for that area in my opinion. So I set my undereyes with a different powder. This has a very strong scent to it but the scent doesn't stay on your face. I'd say it completely goes away within 20-30 minutes. I also have sensitive, acne prone, highly reactive skin and this doesn't break me out (though I do use primer and a lot of foundation underneath). Overall, this is one of my favorite loose powders. There's just something about it that beats others. I can never find something that blurs my pores and smooths my texture while making my makeup last quite like this one does. I will say, my favorite way to use this is to mix it with other powders to make them smooth out my skin even better. Love it!

on 10/19/2015 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought the Translucent extra coverage and it is okay. I haven't noticed any flashback in pictures and applied with a light hand it doesn't cause cakey-ness. It really does set your makeup, but I did notice on my skin if I used too much it would dull my blush and bronzer. I really like it for baking. Its so perfect for that technique and it will set all your under eye area very well. It's very soft on the face too. Not quite as finely milled as my UD or Dior powder, but for $6, I can't complain since the result is decent. It's definitely a matte finish with no sheen, glow, or glitter. I didnt find any problem with adding a powder illuminator over the top. It still looked natural. There is a scent, but it doesn't bother me at all. The packaging is big and bulky and not at all easy for travel. At least the design is attactive and the vintage look is super cute! I will continue to use this and experiment with it. Overall, I am pleased with this product and the price is right on point.

on 11/24/2015 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is ok if you can get past the grandma smell. It is s decent finishing powder. I didn't notice a ton of oil control but does set your makeup. Will not purchase again. I like a nice powder but prefer pressed. I hate having messy powder all over my bathroom sink. You get a lot of power for you money but it is a bit messy. Drug store brand that has been around forever but is not very high quality in my opinion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product so much ! The smell doesn't bother me it goes away pretty quickly. For touch up I put it in a refillable powder brush from jane iredale. This stuff makes me looks flawless!

I love this powder . I once was using Revlon colorstay powder to set my foundation and this to set my entire makeup. Let me tell you something this powder is fantastic. I use the translucent powder. This lasts a long time as well. I repurchased it only because it is hard to find that is the only downside. It was the cheapest at Wal-Mart. It is only available at Wal-Mart and Walgreens so I grabbed it when I saw it at Wal-Mart . I use this powder to set my foundation, concealer and my entire makeup. A little goes a long way and you get a lot of product for the price. It helps my makeup last and makes it look flawless I'm not kidding. I just wish more stores would carry it that is my only complaint but other than that if you happen to find it in store or online try it once and I really think you will like it I also like the packaging as well. Love this so much.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this to set my Estee Lauder liquid foundation. I have tried other high end brands of setting powders and this by far is my holy grail and the price is amazing. I believe around $5. after using this as a setting powder it does control oil very well, If you are like me and you are not so fond of the very matt chalky look, I like more J-lo glow especially applying highlighters after, I just use the MAC prep prime fix spray after wards. It does have a smell to it but I do not mind personally. Some call it the "old lady smell" lol its not strong enough for it to bother me and it goes away when your natural oils set your makeup in. I personally somewhat feel more fresh and pampered with the fragrance. I am not to fond of the packaging, NOTE do not throw away the puffer or the sticker, a lot of product comes out so you want to control that by only cutting some of the sticker off so you have more control of how much product comes out. I hope you love it as much as I do.

on 10/12/2015 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really don't like the packaging. Either you keep the cover with the tiny holes that make it insanely difficult to get product out, or you take that off and suffer with possibly spilling all of the powder everywhere. Also it is pretty bulky, but as someone who doesn't carry makeup around with her, I don't mind. Now, the actual product itself is pretty great! A lot of powder I've used tend to emphasize my dry patches, but this one does really well. I have severely oily skin and while it doesnt completely keep me matte for hours like other reviewers say, I still like it. As for the "old lady smell", I'm not that picky when it comes to fragrance, but I will admit sometimes it can be overpowering (however there is an unscented version). Overall when taking into consideration the price, the amount of product you get, and its performance, its awesome!

on 10/18/2015 10:01:00 PM

I purchased this before in Translucent. While it kept my makeup bullet proof , I decided to look for something more flash photography friendly for my olive/tan skin tone . Nope nothing compared to it . Luckily I figured out Translucent Extra Coverage was a better option for me . Everthing the same I love this powder , but even better this shade doesn't flash back on me . I definitely recomend it I have combination oily skin , NC40 for reference and I use this in Translucent Extra Coverage :)

on 9/30/2015 7:24:00 PM

In spite of all the postive reviews, I'm not a fan of this powder. It looks great when I first put it on but just a few hours later it looks cakey under my eyes, and the oil from the blackheads on my nose very obviously seeps out (not cute). Sometimes even applying it will mess up the foundation underneath. I give it two lippies for the packaging (very pretty, but VERY hard to open) and a good price, so if this works well on you you're getting a great value.