Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

on 3/19/2016 10:26:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Very very silky powder and good feel at skin.
I tried so many loose powder but this is the one!!
I got from Walmart $6. So cheap and this powder dose wonderful job!!
I will purchase again.

this was one of the first powders I ever bought and I love the amount you get for such a low price. but this did not work for me, it made me look cakey, no matter how little I used, also I didn't like the scent of this also it is really messy and will get all over my counter

on 2/28/2016 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

this loose powder is great. its very finely milled and completely undetectable on the face and it is also one of the longest lasting ive tried so far. however, it has a strong herbal scent to it making me wanna choke every time i put it on in the morning and the scent lingers for hours - not good. other than that, this powder is one of the best out there. i would've given it 5 lippies if it wasnt for the strong fragrance. too bad.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So after reading the reviews, I decided to purchase this. I was very excited and pumped to use this, and maybe it's the way I put it on, but at the end of the day, my face looked NOT cute. I did check for oil during regular intervals, but the face I looked at in the morning on my mirror looked so much different from the one I saw that afternoon. I still kept trying it for a week, but to no avail it was not good for me. I'm not sure what went wrong (application/skin type/???) but I'm bummed out it didn't work out. I switched back to my original face powder (NYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder) and my makeup look fab again. I seriously hoped it worked good for me. At least it smelled good to me!

I really love this powder but I've started to realize it really depends on how you wear it. What I like to do is set my foundation with a large powder brush. The key is to just apply a very light layer or else it can make your foundation look very cakey and it will break up throughout the day. This happens mostly in my oily areas around my nose and chin. I've noticed it doing that with multiple foundations. I don't love the packaging because the holes are so big that a lot of product comes out especially when you're traveling! (it's a mess). A lot of people comment about the smell but after using it for a few months I don't even notice it. The smell wears off very fast.

on 2/8/2016 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

There is a reason this stuff has been around forever; it is a classic. The only con is the smell.
I have used this powder forever. In my 20s, over moisturizer. In my 30s and 40s, over foundation. In my 50s, over BB cream.
I usuall turn it upside down, whack it lightly on the vanity, and then apply the powder over my face with the puff. Let it sit for a few and brush excess off with a kabuki brush. Lightly press a damp wash cloth over my face and it lasts all day.
Too much blushe and no time to redo your makeup? Brush a little powder over it. Set you matte lipstick? Blot, lightly powder, reapply lipstick, and blot. Add some oomph to the eyelashes? Curl, apply mascara, apply a little powder, and add more mascara. Luminous translucent makes a great highlighter. I like naturaly neutral.
The price is right. It comes in a variety of colors. One can find it at the drugstore, walmart, and target. It makes my skin look smooth and does not settle in the fine lines. I've used the mascara trick since the 70s.
Loose powder is for the makeup application. Pressed powder is for a touchup.

Works well, does as advertised, comes in adorable packaging. However, it does smell... It just kind of has an old person smell to it! It's kind of hard to describe. And the scent STAYS AROUND! For that reason, I'm not sure I'll re-purchase. My other favorite is Covergirl loose powder, which smells wonderful and works just as well. So the bottom line- it works great, looks cute, and if the smell won't bother you then go for it.

on 2/3/2016 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This has a lot of good reviews, but I don't really understand why. It's slightly better then Laura Mercier's Translucent Powder, which I did not like at all. This powder is easy to apply and keeps me matte for slightly longer than the LM, but not very long. It isn't that effective using the Wayne Goss method, either. It also has a terrible grandma smell. I don't think others can smell it, but it hurts my head when I wear it and makes my brushes smell. Lastly, it makes my skin itch. Will not be repurchasing and I'm sending it back to Amazon.

on 1/31/2016 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is my HG setting powder!! I absolutely love it! It doesn't dry me out or get patchy. It's perfect for baking! I tried the Laura Mercier and the Ben Nye and it would dry my undereye so bad making me look old and bringing out my fine lines. It does have a really strong scent and when I first started using it, it would bother me a lot about after a while you get used to it and for the quality and quantity you get for that price it's well worth it!! I love it!!

I bought the translucent extra coverage, the oil-control is amazing on my oily, acne-prone skin. I could get away for 6 hours without blotting (usually I have to blot every 3 hours) and my skin would still look semi-matte. The fragrance doesn't bother me much, I think they have reduced the fragrance since it's not overpowering at all like from what I've read. It does tend to make your face look cakey, so always use a light hand. However only after 2 weeks of using this powder, cystic acne began to show up on my skin, at first I thought the cause was something else, then I gave it another try and the cystic acne showed up more :'(. I guess my skin doesn't tolerate mineral oil which is listed as one of the ingredients.