MAC Sheertone Blush Pink Swoon (Sheertone finish discontinued) [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

I got given this blush, and I was a little scared when I first saw the colour. How wrong was I? I adore it, it's sheer enough to wear for the school run without looking like I'm too 'done', I think it makes me looks like I've been doing something energetic, yet still dainty. Big fan here.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my "I went for a run this morning" blush. It's natural looking and matte so hard to overdo and as it's a sheertone blush. It's also not too cool on my NC25 skin tone, but I'd say that my face is quite beige/olive rather than yellow. I've heard that some people think this is bright, but I think it is quite a mellow kind of colour. I have Salsarose (PRO colour) which is definitely a pop of colour in comparison.

I would definitely recommend this to cooler complexions and if you are warmer, then still try it out at the counter, you might be like me and really like it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This blush is SO pretty in the package!! But the color didn't show up the same on my skin. My coloring is a cool-toned medium (on the very LIGHT end of medium) with pink cheeks. It looks like any other blush on me :-( It doesn't look pink at all on my skin. I think it might look great on someone with a lighter skin tone.

The first blush I purchased from MAC. Wonderful light pink color. You can apply it sheer but it is definitely buildable.I can see why its so popular!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I thought I loved well dressed until I got this. Im nw20 and although I love them both I like pink swoon a little more. I thought it was too bright and would look garish on me...WRONG. Its beautiful, really. Don't let the color in the pan scare you.

Pink Swoon is a very dolly pink blush. But since it's a sheertone you don't need to worry about an overdose of it on your cheeks. It fades a little throughout the day, but I still love the girly dolly effect it gives. As long as it's not put on too heavy (which will take a lot of effort to do), I think many people can pull this blush off. But I do prefer NARS blushes still. I think that MAC's blush formulation isn't flawless, and can still be tweeked to be perfected. But nonetheless, I'm glad I bought this blush because it's such a famous MAC blush, and I needed to have it in my collection.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this from the online MAC store and it seemed like too much of a hassle to return it, so I gave it to my mom. It's simply too sheer to show up on my skin. I am ridiculously pale and I felt like I had to pile this on to get a hint of color.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Looks really great on my NC30 skin. It gives me a natural just-saw-my-crush flushed look! From the pan, it looks like a soft, matte bubblegum pink- once applied, it's very sheer but buildable.I use it everyday now. Def a must-have!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

MAC's Pink Swoon is a bright, baby pink blush. Being an NC40-44, I did not think this would work for me. Typically, most pink blushes turn rather warm on me and end up appearing as more of an 'orange' shade rather than the 'pink' that I am looking for. Fortunately, Pink Swoon stays true to it's color on my cheeks...I just need a lot of it. Since it is a Sheertone, I do need to really build it up for it to show. However, it looks gorgeous on and gives my complexion a healthy flush.

Lately, I have been mixing it with NARS' Deep Throat blush for a very pretty pinky-peach shade with a hint of golden shimmer.

I hear Kim kardashian loved this blush. So, I was curious enough to buy it. I did not like it on me. I love peachy blushes but this is a very light pinkish color that really did not show up on my skin. I gave it to my sister and she loves it. I would not repurchase this product.