Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Too Faced Naked Eye Kit
Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.1

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The Too Faced Naked Eye Palette is an amazing product!! It comes in nice packaging and nice eyeshadows to complete your sweet and sexy look! I love how it came with three cards on how to make a simple look! I use all the looks but I have been really liking the Classic Look. It is very natural. This product is great for beginners in makeup and professionals. My only con is that the packaging can be quite bulky.

I just returned this palette and got the UD Naked palette instead. I didn't like the packaging and you get a small amount of shadow. I have NC25 skin and most of these colors were too cool for me and made me look a little off. I think the colors would be perfect for a very natural look on cool fair skin. I did however really like the colors satin sheets and like a virgin. I wish the colors worked for me because they looked so pretty in the palette.

on 2/3/2011 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Ok... I bought this the other day because I didn't have an eye shadow palette and I wanted a natural one. I think that I'm liking it a lot. I am not much of an eye shadow person. I have big blue eyes that I think stand out pretty well on their own. With some mascara, they don't really need a lot of additional help. Therefore, when I try to wear eye shadow, a lot of times I feel like it just looks like I'm wearing way too much eye make up. However, with this, I feel like I get an enhanced and natural look, which is what I was going for. Yes, the colors are light. They may or may not be that pigmented. Again, I don't have that much eye shadow experience. I could see that if you have darker skin, this won't work for you. I'm very fair, so it shows up in a nice way on me. I like that it never looks harsh. Basically, this is a neutral, natural looking eye palette. When I wear this, I feel like people basically can't tell I'm wearing eye shadow, which was my goal. It's great for day wear and work. I find the cards very handy.

My only downside with this is the packaging. I have what I think is a decent size make up case, and this thing takes up almost half of it. I feel like it could be less chunky. Yeah, the packaging is totally cute, but it's a bit much if you want to carry it around everyday. (I live in NYC, walk to work, and do my make up when I get here, so this goes with me everyday.) Other than that, I am happy with it. Since I like it, I'm happy with the price point. I don't think the cost is unreasonable. If you're fair, and want a nice neutral eye look, give this a go:)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got this on a whim at Urban Outfitter's a couple weeks ago. I usually wear colorful eyeshadow but the shades in this palette were pretty and I didn't have many naked colors, just a bunch of browns. I've been using practically only this palette since I got it. I have very fair skin and all of the shades show up beautifully. My favorites have to be Satin Sheets, Birthday Suit and Lap Dance. I don't like the packaging very much and the cards fall out often. I also wish the sizes of the shadows were larger, otherwise I love these shades. I even got an extra palette yesterday (:

on 1/31/2011 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

I bought this palette after I bought Too Faced's Natural Kit, as I was so impressed with the quality and this one had much different shade offerings. This set has lighter shades that are cooler toned overall. I like to mix and match the Day, Classic and Fashion looks, but all are very similar: light and natural, so I use this when I get tired of heavy eye make up. I especially used this a lot in the summer with some black eyeliner and lots of mascara, and soft pink blush and pink lip color. I have not been wearing it as often because I like more color in the winter and my skin hasn't been so clear lately. If I have breakouts I like to use more sparkle and color as a distraction from my skin. ;)

As to the shades: I really like that this isn't all shimmer or all mattes, there is a pretty good mix of satin shades as well. Satin Sheets is a shimmery one I like but find it looks good used sparingly, as it isn't so much a champagne pink, more a gold with a hint of peach. Stiletto is very deep, matte black that I only use as an eyeliner, since I find black is too harsh for me when used as a crease color or even to deepen another shadow. I really like Unmentionables and Lap Dance but I wish they were a tiny bit more pigmented. On me, Pillow Talk and Birthday Suit look much the same, and both are satiny. Pink Cheeks is pretty but sometimes looks chalky, In the Buff is a great highlight, and I use Like a Virgin as a crease color as it is dark enough to contrast but not too harsh.

I really like the feminine, cute packaging though it is unnecessarily bulky. I use the eyeliner brush for my gel eyeliner and it is great for making thin, more precise lines.

I guess my only cons are that some of the darker shades could be more pigmented, and that there was a deep brown shade instead of Stiletto, but other than that it is a great a little kit for those who don't like intense make up, or if you want to put the focus on your lips or skin instead of your eyes.

on 1/27/2011 5:53:00 PM

Okay, so I bought this because I wanted a neutral eye palette and because of the great reviews that were given. Unfortunately, the colors are a bit chalky and barely show up on my taned face. I really want to like this so I will try to do all the looks first and then give you all an update. These are just my preliminary thoughts :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse

I ordered this from Sephora online and at first I was disappointed. You are definitely paying for the packaging here, because the box is huge & elaborate and the eyeshadows are actually quite small. However, I find myself using this at least 5 days a week since I ordered it in November. The only complaint I have is that the 3 big shades aren't as pigmented as the others. "In The Buff" is the worst offender, it just shows up as an unflattering chalky white on my eye. "Pink Cheeks" is O.K., but could be better. "Birthday Suit" is the best big shadow and this is the one I use the most often. All of the smaller sized shadows are great, and I especially love "Satin Sheets", a gorgeous duochrome pink satin that flashes gold and "Lap Dance" a beautiful metallic warm grey. I would say that if you see yourself using this palette often, it is worth the money.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I did not like this palette. The shimmery shades had too much shimmer, and the matte shades looked dull and flat. I was unable to find one shade in this palette that was flattering.
I am 32 years old, and I found this palette to be quite aging. The matte colors made my eye lid appear very "crepey". The shadows were not very pigmented, and the color pay-off and staying power were not good, even with an eyeshadow base/primer.
I was unable to make this palette work for me, which was very disappointing. The eye on the package looks very pretty, which is why I purchased this palette. I was not able to replicate this look with the included shadows.
I found the cardboard packaging to be bulky and cheap. The included applicator was less than useful. I did not like the pull out drawer style of the packaging, but I did like that it came with instructional cards for different looks...even though none of the looks were good for me.
I put this up for swap and received many requests for it, which makes me believe that it is a popular palette. I hope that the person that I swapped it to was able to get more use out of it than I did.

on 1/9/2011 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this palette! The color stays on all day when worn over a primer. Very beautiful colors.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got this as a secret Santa gift at work. I can't say that I love it as much as the UD Naked palette, but it's okay I guess. I agree with the other reviewers who mentioned that the colors are super tiny and that they aren't very pigmented. I would not necessarily buy it again, but I will continue trying different applications, and with different bases to see if the color pay off is better. Too Faced to me, is a quality product so I will keep trying with this one and will certainly keep you posted :)