E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.1

This stuff is amazing. I used to do makeup for local models and a few weddings and when I had learned how to do makeup, HD powder hadn't been on the Scene yet. (yes I played kickball w Dinosaurs.) Anyhow reading reviews on this I decided 2 give it a try as sometimes my friends still ask me 2 do their makeup. I've never used HD powder b4 but I obviously. do understand quality makeup. This stuff is awesome. It's like a multi purpose powder. If u use it alone I Recommend a soft powder brush and blend well, but keep the sponge in the container so it doesn't get all over. The place. As the container makes it messy. But It works great as a highlighter, a conceler setter, if lightly used w a blending brush a great finisher. I've mixed a little of it Ground up w other Powders. (it makes the drugstore ones look much more high end. And high end ones even more silky.) it really is a multi purpose powder. It looks. Great on camera. Beautiful professional air brushed finish in every light I could test it on. I'm always looking for cheaper but extremely effective products to use. And I'm not even going to bother trying the higher end ones. Just make sure you. Blend. And enjoy. Hope I've helped.

on 10/21/2015 10:54:00 PM

I hate that I don't love this... I've been using it over my BB cream and concealer for about 3 weeks.

Cons:
It makes my oily skin look dry in patches, it emphasizes every itsy-bitsy teeny hair I have on my face, it somehow seems to cancel out my concealer and make redness more visible, the packaging is also messy.

Pros:
It's not expensive.

I'm trying to use it up in combination with other powders, because I hate wasting money (even $6)… but I would definitely not repurchase.

I am stunned that everyone likes this powder! First of all, it shreds my primer right off my face I AND I MEANS SHREDS!! My other powders NEVER did this. It also shreds my foundation off. What the heck is in this stuff?

Second, the mess is ridiculous!! It's virtually impossible to put this on a brush or puff without having the powder fly everywhere. It's all over the container and on my vanity. I was super careful in using only the tiniest amounts too.

As far as I'm concerned. ELF created a disaster with this product, and it's going right back to Target for a refund. TERRIBLE!

on 10/1/2015 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like it! I haven't tried any other hd powder but I like this one!

on 9/26/2015 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I did not like this powder at all it just did not work well with my skin however I love the packaging and the blotting sponge that comes with it! I've actually dumped out the powder and use other powders in the container that I like because I love the packaging so much. This powder really didn't do much for my skin at all and I never reached for it. I've always reach for other loose powders. I don't recommend this product at all. It didn't do anything special for me and it did leave my face looking a tad bit ashy and a little bit cakey but not heavily, I would spray my face with fix plus to eliminate that issue. But over all not a fan of this product. A definite thumbs down.

on 9/4/2015 12:37:00 AM

Great product for setting under the eyes. But you have to be very careful or the product will go everywhere. This can be very very messy but a lot of translucent powders are like that anyway.. For just 6 bucks it's a great buy. Great for people with oily skin, and for dry skin people I recommend using a little bit of this just for the eyes and to be careful with it. But overall a great product

on 9/3/2015 8:20:00 AM

I hate to say this, but this stuff was terrible. I bought it for adding to my freelance kit as I do a lot of bridal make up. During a trial I put this on the bride, took a few photos and couldn't believe how white my bride looked. I use Revlon CS foundations and have never had a problem before and I've used various setting powders before as well with no problem. I could actually see and feel the balls/grains of this stuff sitting on her skin. I promptly chucked this in the garbage.

on 8/21/2015 10:39:00 AM

I have heard many compare this to the MUFE HD one. While they are similar products, they are not the same. I have both. The ELF one has more than silica in their list of ingredients. MUFE, the ONLY ingredient is silica. Now, having said that, I do find that the ELF one is easier to use. With the MUFE, there's a lot of powder that kicks up, and every time I use it, I have to try to avoid inhaling the product but i always do. I don't have that issue with the ELF one which is a plus. As for performance, I don't really notice a difference btwn this and the MUFE one. The ELF ones gives a great finish, blurs pores and controls oil very well.

One major gripe i have with this powder is the packaging. My god it's AWFUL. I know that loose powders are messy but this one in particular is dreadful. It's as if the lid doesn't screw on properly so when you go to shake some out of the sifter, it gets EVERYWHERE. All over the rim of the container! And i even kept the plastic seal on and poked holes in it. I don't even really shake it. I just turn it upside down and quickly right side up again....still, a HUGE mess. The container is big and bulky. It gives the illusion that you get a whole TON of product, when you really don't. I got fed up dealing with the mess and emptied the powder into a much smaller container and it didn't even fill up half of the small container!!!

All in all, I would repurchase this. ELF is PETA certified and we need more cosmetic brands that are cruelty free!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great sheer powder. It sets my face for at least 8 hours (I always reapply if I'm going out after work) The price cant be beat for the amount of product you get. Ive had mine for a few months and havent even made a dent.

UPDATE: I use this to bake my undereye mixed with the HD undereye powder. leaves my undereye smooth and flawless looking all day

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been trying to stray away from using pressed powders/foundation and just stick with translucent powders and concealer, because too much face makeup dries out my skin immensely. I wanted to try ELF's powder first, since it's a great price, and I love ELF products. I'm so glad I tried this first, because I'm basically set with this.
This is such a great and affordable powder! It's very soft, it blends into the skin so nicely that it honestly does look like you're wearing at least a BB cream. I paired it with and without a setting spray, and my skin looks smooth and nice all day. There's no harsh fragrance (or any fragrance for that matter), and it blends well with a face brush, or if you decide to use the powder puff that comes with it.
This product can be a little drying, though, so if you have dry skin like me, make sure you slap on some good moisturizer before putting this one. I would definitely buy this again, and I plan on it!