e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio High Definition Powder

e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio High Definition Powder

4.1

Sheer: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate

on 11/17/2015 12:41:00 PM

This has been by far my worst experience with any powder. The powder seems soft and light I'm the package (which has been the messiest I've ever seen), but when I put it on my face it feels cakey. If that isn't a bad enough feature for a powder, it basically ate through my makeup. I had used Cover FX cream foundation and it penetrated the full coverage instantly. I had to clean my entire face and start over because of how terrible this product is. I suppose of you use nearly no makeup under it, it may work, but this was terrible. DO NOT BUY.

on 11/10/2015 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just bought this and have been using it for three days now. I have large pores on my cheeks and oily skin. People are complaining about it not doing anything for oil. Uh, it doesn't say it is an oil control powder. So you can't complain about claims a product never made. I pat it on with the puff it comes with after my foundation and then use a skin tone matching powder over everything. I see complaints that this powder is messy. Really? All you do is keep the puff in the top, turn the container over to get the powder onto the puff, , remove said puff and blot onto your face. No mess. If you're using a powder brush and sifting powder into the cap well then yeah, you'll have somewhat of a mess but nothing serious. I have no had any messes when using this powder. I don't feel like my skin is perfect after using the powder but for $6 I think it does a nice job of creating a softer look. I'd recommend this for people on a budget or those that just don't wanna spend the amount that MUFE or Laura Mercier costs.

on 10/21/2015 10:54:00 PM

I hate that I don't love this... I've been using it over my BB cream and concealer for about 3 weeks.

Cons:
It makes my oily skin look dry in patches, it emphasizes every itsy-bitsy teeny hair I have on my face, it somehow seems to cancel out my concealer and make redness more visible, the packaging is also messy.

Pros:
It's not expensive.

I'm trying to use it up in combination with other powders, because I hate wasting money (even $6)… but I would definitely not repurchase.

I am stunned that everyone likes this powder! First of all, it shreds my primer right off my face I AND I MEANS SHREDS!! My other powders NEVER did this. It also shreds my foundation off. What the heck is in this stuff?

Second, the mess is ridiculous!! It's virtually impossible to put this on a brush or puff without having the powder fly everywhere. It's all over the container and on my vanity. I was super careful in using only the tiniest amounts too.

As far as I'm concerned. ELF created a disaster with this product, and it's going right back to Target for a refund. TERRIBLE!

on 10/1/2015 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like it! I haven't tried any other hd powder but I like this one!

on 9/26/2015 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I did not like this powder at all it just did not work well with my skin however I love the packaging and the blotting sponge that comes with it! I've actually dumped out the powder and use other powders in the container that I like because I love the packaging so much. This powder really didn't do much for my skin at all and I never reached for it. I've always reach for other loose powders. I don't recommend this product at all. It didn't do anything special for me and it did leave my face looking a tad bit ashy and a little bit cakey but not heavily, I would spray my face with fix plus to eliminate that issue. But over all not a fan of this product. A definite thumbs down.

on 9/4/2015 12:37:00 AM

Great product for setting under the eyes. But you have to be very careful or the product will go everywhere. This can be very very messy but a lot of translucent powders are like that anyway.. For just 6 bucks it's a great buy. Great for people with oily skin, and for dry skin people I recommend using a little bit of this just for the eyes and to be careful with it. But overall a great product

on 9/3/2015 8:20:00 AM

I hate to say this, but this stuff was terrible. I bought it for adding to my freelance kit as I do a lot of bridal make up. During a trial I put this on the bride, took a few photos and couldn't believe how white my bride looked. I use Revlon CS foundations and have never had a problem before and I've used various setting powders before as well with no problem. I could actually see and feel the balls/grains of this stuff sitting on her skin. I promptly chucked this in the garbage.

on 8/21/2015 10:39:00 AM

I have heard many compare this to the MUFE HD one. While they are similar products, they are not the same. I have both. The ELF one has more than silica in their list of ingredients. MUFE, the ONLY ingredient is silica. Now, having said that, I do find that the ELF one is easier to use. With the MUFE, there's a lot of powder that kicks up, and every time I use it, I have to try to avoid inhaling the product but i always do. I don't have that issue with the ELF one which is a plus. As for performance, I don't really notice a difference btwn this and the MUFE one. The ELF ones gives a great finish, blurs pores and controls oil very well.

One major gripe i have with this powder is the packaging. My god it's AWFUL. I know that loose powders are messy but this one in particular is dreadful. It's as if the lid doesn't screw on properly so when you go to shake some out of the sifter, it gets EVERYWHERE. All over the rim of the container! And i even kept the plastic seal on and poked holes in it. I don't even really shake it. I just turn it upside down and quickly right side up again....still, a HUGE mess. The container is big and bulky. It gives the illusion that you get a whole TON of product, when you really don't. I got fed up dealing with the mess and emptied the powder into a much smaller container and it didn't even fill up half of the small container!!!

All in all, I would repurchase this. ELF is PETA certified and we need more cosmetic brands that are cruelty free!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great sheer powder. It sets my face for at least 8 hours (I always reapply if I'm going out after work) The price cant be beat for the amount of product you get. Ive had mine for a few months and havent even made a dent.

UPDATE: I use this to bake my undereye mixed with the HD undereye powder. leaves my undereye smooth and flawless looking all day