Stila Lip glaze

Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.1

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

on 2/20/2011 2:18:00 AM

The size of this lipgloss really disguises the actual AMOUNT OF PRODUCT you get....which is about one third of the lenght of the entire package. Second: because of the applicator, a lot of the product tends to get wasted because aside from too much coming out at once after you keep "clicking", it seems to start leaking sometimes, so i store it standing up just to prevent the spontanious oozing.
The scent of this is weird IMO. not bad, not good, just smells like...makeup. The formula is semi sticky and medium thick. The shine is very nice, it glides on smoothly and it's pretty moisturizing- I applied it over my super chapped lips and it looked smooth and felt very comfortable.

that being said, it is not my lip gloss of choice. it's not horrible, but I wouldn't recommend it or repurchase it

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I know it is their best-seller but it doesn't do well on my lips. Stila lip glaze felt like a very old formula to me. It seems like the company has not improved their formulations over the years. The color selection is certainly impressive. I got sucker into getting the watermelon shade. I knew I should have stayed away from Sephora. I took it to Hawaii with me a few weeks ago and as soon as the wind hits, my hair took the best of it. I hate sticky lipgloss and this is maybe a better version of the very sticky. I know some people like it that way but I found myself wiping off the excess constantly.

on 2/7/2011 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This gloss comes in a clear, click style pen applicator with a brush on the end. A couple clicks dispenses the product, and the brush allows a precision application. Lightly scented, I've noticed a slight vanilla-y fruity scent, can't put my finger on it; no flavor. I have the Holiday 2010 set that was sold at Sephora and have found that the colors are fairly sheer and easy to wear. The strong points of this gloss, in my opinion, are the convenience of the applicator and that an application lasts a while (a couple hours or so). As with most glosses that are longer lasting (here's looking at you, lipglass) I find lipglazes pretty sticky. For some, that's fine, for me it's a dealbreaker unfortunately. I hate the fly paper effect and getting hair stuck in my lipgloss. Another dislike is that as this gloss fades it leaves a sticky residue which makes a reapplication kind of uneven and splotchy - I've found I've had to go through the steps of wiping and starting with a clean palette, so to speak. Annoying to say the least, as you're going through your day.

So, to sum it up: love the applicator, like the colors, formula is long lasting, but the stickiness is a dealbreaker for me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Meh. This gloss is nothing special. I'm a little biased as I've decided 90% of lipgloss colours end up looking the same on your lips when worn alone, but this was never as true as it is for these glosses.
I bought the set of 8 minis, and the only one that looked at all different from the others was the 'cranberry.'
They aren't overly sticky, but they aren't very pigmented or smooth either.
I would say pass on these.

on 2/17/2011 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite lip glosses ever. They aren't too sticky nor tacky. Colors are beautiful and blendable. My only complaint is the price! But their is good news... Their are $1 dupes! The E.l.f lig glazes are exact dupes. I recommend the stila lip glazes but if your not wanting to spend the money then for sure go with the e.l.f dupes.

on 2/19/2011 2:29:00 AM

During Winter 2010, I purchased the 'Stila Lip Glaze Color Set', since I have always wanted to try out these lipglosses. This set featured 8 mini lip glazes in; Kitten, Seashell, Blush, Guava, Majesty, Merry Merry, Grapefruit, and Apricot, for $25 (Canada).

These glosses are alright for the price of the set, however if I feel if you are paying $22 for a full-sized one (which is not much bigger - Mini 0.05 fl. oz. - Full Sized 0.08 fl. oz.), they are incredibly overpriced for the quality. They come in a twist style tube and are applied with a lip brush, the brush is much nicer to apply with than a dough foot applicator. These glosses are nothing special; they are all scented differently (some match their name - Grapefruit smells like grapefruit ^^, but Kitten smells like vanilla LOL), and have a light gloss. When you first purchase these, they must be twisted up for quite sometime for the product to be able to be applied, which is quite a waste of money since you're in fact recieving even less product than is shown. On the aspect of stickyness, which I usually have no opinion on since I don't mind sticky lipgloss, these acutally feel a little gross on my lips to the point where I actually opt to apply more to keep my lips from feeling disgusting, however the shine and the sheer color does last for quite sometime, several hours with frequent socializing.

All in all, these are alright, if you want to try these I suggest wiating until Winter 2011 to purchase the next set since I cannot justify the full price of $22 for these.

on 1/10/2011 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

The key to using these is to look straight down on the brush while you click. You'll see the initial color rush when it hits the clean brush. Then as you use it you will see the inner bore of the bristles increase as the gloss pumps up, you'll quickly learn how to judge how many clicks is enough. It's not rocket science, just practice and watching the right part of the applicator.

on 1/17/2011 10:00:00 PM

Didn't love the packaging, didn't have as many problems as some reviewers. A couple of clicks, swipe, okay result. Not great, but passable.

Terrible formulation -- this is kiddie make-up. Stila, I am sorry -- I have been a fan since 1997, love your shadow, but this? Yuk.

Sticky and sugary-smelling and what colour was there settled into creases pretty fast. No staying power in exchange for all the sticky. Fussy application for a gloss, thanks to the stickiness.

Product quantities in the set I bought were tiny, too; even if there'd been good gloss in there it wouldn't have been a "$120 Value." Two or three colours were cute, and the rest seemed to be begging for a swipe of eye liner used as lip liner, huge hoop earrings, and a pair of tight white jeans. A bit dated.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been wanting to try the Stila lip glazes for a while now because everybody seems to rave about them. This past Christmas I made a trip to Ulta and found the little sample gift set that they were selling for $24, so I bought it right away and haven't been very impressed. I don't mind the stickiness too much and the colors are beautiful, but I am very disappointed with the packaging. I don't like click tube lip glosses at all and I wish that the saleswoman would have mentioned that when she was giving me her "product pitch". It takes me 4 or 5 clicks to get the tiniest bit of the gloss out of the tube and the brush is not the best applicator at all. I have also noticed that the brushes tend to get very stiff and sticky with product build-up after just a few uses (regardless of whether they are cleaned or not..because I've cleaned some of mine but not all of them and I'm having the same problem all around). The colors are great--sheer and light, but still a nice POP on your lips--and the stickiness of the gloss allows it to last quite a while, but being able to put it on in the first place is going to be the hard part. Overall I think these lip glosses are *okay* and I didn't mind paying $24 for a nice little bundle of them, but I wouldn't buy the full size at the full price. It isn't worth it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very expensive for a very average lipgloss. Other then the packaging and scents, the formula is very similar to many of the other glosses on the market.