Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

Setting powder that is very light weight and feels very silky. I use this as the last step of my makeup routine and it helps to hide blemishes and lines. Extremely matte looking and gives great coverage.

on 6/15/2016 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

this powder is good depending on what you are looking for in a powder
for one thing it did keep me matte, i could go 8+ hours depending on the day and the weather without getting oily skin. even today I wore it underneath my liquid foundation and even though I sat in the sun wearing jeans and i could feel my face sweating, i still did not produce any oil on my cheeks, chin or in between my forehead

however, the reason I gave this 4 stars and not 5 was because for me it made me look too matte, and thus, dried out. I do like the dewy look but unfortunately it doesn't work on me, so I strive for a natural leaning satin finish which this powder does not do. i feel like for the price i could easily find a powder that works better for me, however, for those of you looking for a powder that will keep you matte for 8 hours, and who like the matte finish, I highly recommend this.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

this power does not work very well if you have super dry skin. it tends to attach to any dry patches you have on your face. if you are baking under the eyes and over your concealer, it is remarkable. your eyeliner/ eyeshadow will not smear under your eyes. my only huge problem with this powder, is getting it out of the container. you really have to bang the lid upside down to get any product. the whole thing itself lasted me only two months, which I was disappointed about considering the price. if it was $20-$25, I would have no problem buying every 2 months. but $38?! might be a little to pricy. over all- I'd say this product works best on oily to normal skin and if you're looking for a bright under eye, this is the right product for you.

on 5/30/2016 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is honestly one of the worst loose powders on the market. This settled into my under eye lines so so so badly and it Made my under eye sooo dry even after applying eye cream first. It looked like I was on my death bed. It also leaves a horrible white grey cast for reference my skin tone is a nc25 in Mac. The area around my nose gets really oily and this didn't help at all it only kept it matte for around an hour or so then it was horribly oily. Don't waste your money on this the YouTube hype is pure bullshit.

I think it's just ok, nothing impressive about it.

At first when i tried it, it dried up so badly under my eye! And after yesterday, i realised it may be because I used the wrong applicator.

For people who have dry skin!!!! DO NOT use brush to set it or use brush to brush it off and DO NOT BAKE (if you feel that it dried up really badly for ya). What i did was I used a beauty blender, dip in the powder, and i dap it on my eyes and i dap until the powder was set under my eye area. It still does whiten up the under eye area but it does not cake or dry up. It looks SMOOTH.

For people who tried it and think that this isn't for you, don't throw it away! Just use a beauty blender to dap it in. It'll look smooth! Remember, DO NOT BAKE it, just dap it in!

EDIT: I used Morphe E8 and dap the powder under my eyes using it and it doesn't cake at all. Sometimes it might be the type of brush you use!!

I heard so many good things about this powder, so I was expecting miracles and purchased the travel size at Sephora. This didn't do anything magical. The thing is when you reach a certain age, you can get that reptile looking skin when you use powder. I'm looking for a powder that looks smooth and doesn't break down. This wasn't any better than say, Coty's Airspun. Returned it.

on 5/26/2016 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder is really hyped and for a long time I just thought a powder could not be that good or that different than my other powders. I was SO wrong! This powder is HG AMAZING!!!!!!! No joke, I've never been told in my life that I have nice skin..never in 31 years! The first day I wore this, a lady complemented my skin! Not my makeup, my SKIN! I wear my regular foundation, concealer and then set and bake my under eye area, chin, forehead and cheeks. Brush away after a few minutes and be amazed! There's also a TON of product in the container so I don't see running out anytime soon. The best ever!

on 5/12/2016 8:17:00 AM

This is one of the worst loose powders I have ever tried. Where should I start? First off, it doesn`t look natural, even when applied with a light hand you can see it there sitting on top of the skin, emphasizing every bump and clinging to every dry bit, and I don`t even have dry skin! For under eyes it`s a nightmare: you discover fine lines you never knew you had and whatever wrinkles you might have are magnified 10 times. As far as oil control, it barely works for 1 hour. In summer it`s like I haven`t applied anything after 20 minutes. The packaging is absolute crap: it`s just been sitting in my drawer, it`s never been dropped, but today when I tried to spill a litle powder into the lid, parts of the screw-on jar just literally broke off. Incidentally, I`ve noticed this effect with other Laura Mercier packages: it`s like they`re made from cheap, recycled plastic. Which would be great if they were, but I sincerely doubt it. And last but not least: I`ve gotten better results with cheaper drugstore powders than this overpriced garbage.

on 5/28/2016 10:21:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tried this out because an immense amount of people were talking about this. I have really dark under eye circles so i go hard with my concealer, meaning i need a good powder to set it. I have used this simply to set and ive used this to bake with, and i can say its good for both. I dont like using this on the rest of my face, which is weird.. but i feel like it made the rest of my face look flat/chalky. Now, i hate the price because i literally cried a little when i gave the cashier a 50 dollar bill for this, but i feel like its going to take a while to get through the entire container given that its a decent sized container. Truly my only complaint about this is the price.