MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

on 2/29/2012 4:26:00 PM

I like this. I wasn't sure it was doing me any favours, but then the day the SA put it on me to try I got carded at the supermarket, so naturally I rushed back to buy whatever was working the miracle! ;-)

I use it every day just on my T-zone to set my makeup and control shine. It does have a nice, slight airbrushing effect, especially initially.

on 1/25/2012 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The hg of setting powder. Could not live without! I'm very shiny in my t zone and this keeps me shine free all day. Here is a helpful hint.....when you first open it, only remove half of the black sticker that covers the holes. So you just cut the sticker in half, leaving the other half over the holes. This keeps it from flying all over in the package!

on 1/4/2012 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Holy smokes! Why haven't I purchased this sooner???????? I was on the hunt for a really good setting powder to set my foundation/concealer and I tried several diff kinds before MAC. I tried Chanel, Korres, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Covergirl, L'Oreal, etc you name it, i tried it. From cheap to expensive and everything in between. I went to my local MAC counter and just browsing I saw this on the display counter and asked the SA about it. She said it's the best for setting any makeup and i thought- yeah right. just like everyone else told me. Well, I decided to fork out the money -again- to see if it's really true. To my delight, I was really shocked to see how well it performed. It set my foundation and concealer perfectly and made my skin absolutely FLAWLESS! It covered all my large pores and made them literally disappear! The staying power was awesome and it lasted all day throughout the night til i took it off. A little goes a long way and I use this w/ a mac's flat large eyeshadow brush for the best coverage. I am so happy to find this and I will definitely will repurchase

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am not a fan of finishing powders but I was keen to try this. I find powders can feel too heavy and suffocating on my skin after I have applied foundation. This is a beautiful powder which is just enough to set foundation and keep it in place all day. It does not look cakey or too matte once lightly applied. I use a kabuki brush to apply it to my T-zone.

My one niggle with the product is that it is easily wasted, I try to put a little in the lid of the product and then work it into the kabuki brush. Unfortunately I have more than once managed to tip too much into the lid. It is not a product to carry around for touch ups during the day either.

Oh my god, words can't describe how much i've fallen for this product! I've seen a lot of bad reveiws for it and i can't see whats not to love. For ages i've loved the whole dewy shine look but after using this it took all my shine away and just give me doll like skin absolutely flawless it smoothed out my skin and felt so soft. I just added Vanilla pigment onto my cheek bone for that night time shine i love. Recommend this for oily skin! <3

When doing your own makeup or doing makeup on a client, it is extremely vital to set your makeup for a flawless, long-lasting look.
Most clients approach me with the problem of creases on their eyelids and under their eyes, and this amazing product will easily help you to forget these problems!
If you have problems with creases on your lids once your makeup is complete, you have either put too much moisturiser on your oily lids or your have used a product on your lids which is releasing too much oil combined with your natural oil. Also, if once your concealer/foundation is complete and you are constantly trying to pat away the creases beneath your lower lids - simply sweep a small amount of the loose powder to set your concealer/foundation. For your lids, use a loose eyeshadow brush and pat a small amount to avoid any oils being released in unwanted areas.
This product is highly recommended, especially if you have oily/combination skin. I am aware that some SA may recommend the MAC Fix Spray to set your makeup, but if your skin is prone to releasing any oils during the day, it will accentuate the oils and if not, make it a lot worse!
I hope this review helps you ladies out there! Check out www.Nataliamakeup.com for looks which have been finished with this Finishing Powder and some which have been set with the MAC Fix Spray.

on 11/27/2011 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

As a makeup artist, whose clients are most women of color, consider this review...

PRO: mattes the face

CON: 1. Messy, flies everywhere. 2. APPEARS IN FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!!! 3. Makes clients look ghostly, a dusty white cast.

Besides that it can be a little messy and it's not the cheapest; this is my best weapon in the summer against super oily skin. I LOVE it. It does help to absorb any shine coming on and also helps to keep any foundation I have on in place.

on 12/28/2011 11:02:00 PM

I bought this hoping I would love it as a setting powder and I did..until I saw myself in photos. It leaves a white cast/shadow in photos and I absolutely hate it. If it weren't for that, I would love this product. It sets my foundation nicely without looking cakey (I think those who say it makes their faces cakey used too much product) and it mattifies my face. If you know for sure you won't be in any photos, use this product. If you don't want to take the chance, go look for another setting powder.

For reference: I'm asian. nc40

on 11/3/2011 12:19:00 AM

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

This is incredible. It is the ONLY, **ONLY!!!** product that control oil on my nose. It mattifies my face, but doesn't add any colour. My mother has the oiliest skin I've ever seen (I'm talking high end foundations slipping off within 20 minutes oily) and I tried this on her and it kept her matte all day. I wear this alone on a 'no makeup day' with a little bit of BeneFit's Dandelion on top and it gives me this amazing natural gorgeous-but-not-flawless look. I apply this over my eye makeup and it gives my eyeshadow better wear and crease-free time than any eye primer.

Packaging is a joke, buy hey, it's a loose powder. ALL loose powders suck in the packaging department. Price isn't TOO bad. OF COURSE I will buy again. It's a no-brainer.

In short- it makes ALL my makeup last longer, look better and stops oil from appearing on my nose. BUY BUY BUY! Don't even hesitate! This is the holy grail of powders and I have no idea why it doesn't have cult status.