Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

3.3

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Melissa Officinalis Distillate* (Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water*), Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco- Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil* (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*), Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Betaine, Citric Acid, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract*, Honey, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Linalool, Pectin.

on 7/3/2009 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Why oh why do I do this? Another example of my buying a ridiculously overpriced tube of white stuff just because I loved the packaging. Seriously. I don't even use primers that much. But one look at that old-school utilitarian tube and typeface, and I just had to have it. My HG primers (again, it's very infrequent...usually in the summer) are PTR Max Mattifying or DHC Velvet Skin coat. Korres is just some sort of scented cream that doesn't do anything it promises: prep, smooth, blur wrinkles, make foundation last or stop shine. Primer FAIL. The one thing Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer proves is that face primers should not be silicone free. Oh well. I guess I can just stare at the tube now and then. It really is kind of cool.

on 6/28/2009 2:49:00 AM

Update 9/12/09: Purchased my own tube and still love this stuff!

I have used this primer for a couple of weeks and I have to say that it works a lot better than Lorac's aquaprime. My skin cannot take silicone like many others so I am happy to see more silicone free primers coming out. I have not yet purchased this product but it is only because my Sephora provided me a generous sample that has lasted me for weeks. After I finish my sample, I will definetly purchase a tube for myself!
The scent is like a light citrius lemon scent, almost like a sorbet. Its tolerable and I dont even notice it after it is applied. The texture is like a light lotion and sinks in quickly. As for its performance as a primer, I am pretty happy with it. It keeps my makeup looking good and matte for the most part. I had forgotten to use this one day and was able to tell the difference. I have not broken out from this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to love this primer in the worst way. My skin can't tolerate the suffocation of silicone primers. I have extremely oily, acne prone, sensitive skin that must avoid silicone's at all cost. I had been very happy with Murad's new Oil Controller, but this one was a "must try" product for me due to all the hype and the fact that it was all natural and silicone free. I love that it comes in a tube, but the love ended quickly once I put it on my face. This is probably fine for very dry skins, however it felt so greasy, creamy and moisturizing that I had to wash it off before even giving it a full test drive. That's not how I want to start my make up day if you know what I mean. That's usually how my face feels by the end of the day when I can't wait to wash it. There is no way that something that feels this oily to begin with is going to do anything to help control my oil throughout the day. I need a primer to help keep my make up on and that means it must go on very matte, not super greasy. The only positive I can come up with is to say that this has a very pleasant orange like scent, however it's really nothing more than a gentle all natural moisturizer (and that's not what super oily skins like mine need or want). Back to Sephora it goes.

on 5/25/2009 11:56:00 PM

I was excited to try this primer because primers with silicone usually break me out...there are only two positive things about this primer....it doesn't contain silicone and didn't break me out, but it does nothing that a primer should. It didn't make my foundation stay on any longer, it didn't make my foundation apply any better, and it didn't "fill" in fine lines or even make my skin feel any smoother. It felt like I was just putting another moisturizer on my face, so there was no point in even using this primer...it got swapped away.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The best thing that can be said about this product is that it does not break me out. With combination/acne prone skin, that is a miracle in and of itself. When I first used it, I noticed that my face got extremely shiny at the end of the day. However, with continued use, that shinyness has gone away. My skin simply looks better with it on than with it off. However, I don't have fine lines or wrinkles, so I'm not sure how useful this would be. I

on 6/3/2009 8:58:00 PM

I've tried using other primers but they never seemed to do much of anything. I really like this brand, I bought it over seas a year ago and am happy to sea that it's crossed the pond. I wear a moisturizer with SPF then this primer and a powder foundation. My makeup lasts longer and I need to reapply less often. My skin tends to be dry and this helps to add some moisture with out clogging my pours. This product is a life saver for long nights out when I'm not in the mind set to be worrying about the state of my makeup. Best primer I've every bought!

on 5/2/2009 12:45:00 PM

I was looking for a silicone free primer, preferrably all natural, and mid to cheap on price range. I love my current primer (base for pores by cle de peau) but it is so damn expensive (cad$85 for a tube that lasts me about 6 months). I searched online and this product had good reviews and the product ingredients seemed very appealing (no silicone no paraben, etc). Here is my opinion about the product:

Pros:
- good price
- applies very smooth and light. not greasy at all
- smells nice
- does not contain silicone,paraben, etc

Cons:
- have to use up in 6 months
- does not provide coverage: although it applies smoothly, it is more like a moisturizer. did not cover my pores providing smooth base for my foundation (isn't primers made for that purpose?), nor did it make my foundation last longer.
- does not control oil at all.

I actually noticed that after applying this base, my foundation does not apply evenly unlike when I use my cle de peau base. I was very disappointed with this product. I would not recommend this product for people looking for a base that covers your pores and fine lines and helps your make up to last long.

on 5/8/2009 12:04:00 AM

I really like this primer - (i have an oily t-zone, relatively dry cheeks, no acne, relatively small pores.) For 2 weeks now, I put this on in the morning and let it set in with my eye cream for a while before i put on my makeup, and it HAS improved my skin! I didn't have that much expectations for this and i also bought the wild rose foundation from Korres as well. I did feel i've gotten a tad bit shinier than usual at the end of the day, but it's more the Korres foundation than the primer. My skin has been clearer, my skin tone has been more even, and it doesn't clog my skin. I like it WAY better than the Laura Mercier one which i had high hopes on. It smells great too - will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I can't use silicone-based primers as they break me out horribly, and while this primer didn't break me out at all, it didn't do much to keep my makeup looking good. It is really rich and emollient--and never seemed to sink into the skin. My makeup went on very smoothly but started to melt down within an hour. This didn't help camoflauge the appearance of pores, either---if anything, they were more obvious. This may be good for normal to dry skin, but I would not recommend this product to anyone with oily skin.

on 5/8/2009 11:07:00 PM

i have oily acne prone skin and my foundation never stays so i thought hey lets try this underneath my halo powder or my mac studio foundation and wow did nothing acted same way as a regular cheap moistuirizer , ladies dont waste ur money it is not worht it esp for that price and same with smashbox light i got sample of it with my purchase of korres primer and it also did no magic like ppl claim