Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/21/2010 9:12:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff. I had some red spots left over from a recent break out and I used this as an overnight treatment for a few nights... red spots are completely gone!! Definitely a bit heavy to use all over the face but seriously fabulous as a spot treatment. Also happens to be the best lip balm I have ever tried. You cannot go wrong with this product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

First off, this stuff smells SO GOOD! I've been opening it every few minutes just to smell it. I just got it yesterday, but have already applied it an unaccountable amount of times - not because i need to, but because its just so smooth and yummy smelling that i can't help but do so! Thankfully, it has no taste. Even though I've only had it for 2 days, i can tell already that it is extremely moisturizing. It is a bit sticky in my opinion, but then again i usually dont wear anything at all on my lips. Or it could just be that i cant stop reapplying it, its HEAVENLY!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

OMG HOLY GRAIL!!!! my lips thank me everyday for this amazing lip butter. Let me state my lips are extremely sensitive. It has been difficult finding a product that does not irritate them. My search is over. This product is wonderful. Its very light, therefore I can wear under lip gloss and lipstick. Its also very moisturizing, and very cheap ($3 at Walmart). I wear it all day and at night. Most of the time when one goes to sleep with lip balm your lips feel greasy, and heavy. Not with this stuff. Your lips are moisturized and ready to go. I love this stuff, and I will not buy anything else. I'm sold!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Yes! My lips have been dry for weeks now and nothing would help. I think the menthol in some of my lip products was drying my lips out and leaving them irritated. Tried Vasaline, which was non-irritating, but it didn't really give me the moisture I needed. I got desperate for something soothing and realized I was carrying this cocoa butter stick around in my bag...why not try it on the lips? Applying this was like putting water on a sponge, the difference was immediate & very moisturizing. I put a colored gloss over top which now looks fab on supple lips!

I have a problem biting my lips, and with the weather as it's been, my lips are in terrible shape. I've been using this for about a week or two and I certainly notice a difference. I'm not helping the process much since it's a terrible habit to break, but this stick is definitely the best of all the lip products I've tried. I'll keep buying it. I also love how huge it is. No reason, just love it.

on 11/27/2010 9:32:00 PM

Several months ago my lips became incredibly chapped. It happened out of nowhere and nothing helped - not Neutrogena chapstick, not Vaseline, not Burt's Bees, etc. I tried this as a last resort and I am so happy that I did! It healed my lips in a couple of days, and I haven't had a problem with dry lips since using this. The coating lasts and lasts on my lips, and you can't beat the price. The only thing I would change would be the diameter of the stick. It's so large that you have to be careful when you apply it, or else you can get chapstick all over your upper lip. I'd much rather have a traditional stick.

on 9/28/2010 5:32:00 AM

HG. i've been using this for several months and i haven't even finished a tube of this humongous stick. It looks like a glue stick but doesn't feel anything like glue when applied to lips. i don't even know how to describe it...lets see.....

you know how carmex (click stick) is really sticky and leaves a gooey layer on your lips? palmer's doesnt do that... it is ultra smooth and non sticky/non oily.
you know how burt's bees doesn't feel moisturizing at all or like you need to keep re-applying? it's definitely not like that.

when my lips are SUPER chapped this doesn't make it disappear instantly but after application and a little bit of rubbing my lips together it makes the chapped lips soft with some annoying flakes that i scrub away. with regular use i always have super soft lips.

i seriously just cant get over how amazing this stuff feels on my lips

okay details.. this stuff smells deliciously creamily cocoa-y but has no flavor. it doesn't clog the pores directly around my lips, which some other things have. but i did try to apply it to a flakey spot on my face one time and i ended up with a whitehead in that same area the next day. it goes great under lipstick because its moisturizing but doesn't leave a filmy layer on my lips.

OMG I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!
I LOVE THAT IT'S BIG.. SOMETIMES PPL THINK IM PUTTING GLUE ON MY LIPS ITS FUNNY LOL

ANYWAYS FOR ME ITS SOO HARD TO FIND A LIP BALM THAT WOULD KEEP MY LIPS FROM GETTING DRY AND THIS ONE IS JUST PERFECT!!

I GOT MY FIRST STICK AROUND LAST YEAR AND IT STILL LASTED UNTIL TODAY!!
IT'S INEXPENSIVE AND IT LAST FOR A REALLY LONG TIME!
MY BF LOVES IT TOO! HE PUTS IT ON ALL THE TIME

I HAVE BEEN USING IT FOR OVER 3 YEARS NOW

on 9/2/2010 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Wow I thought I was the only person on the planet that used this as a lip balm! Glad to know that other people use this too. It's basically my one and only chapstick and I've been using it for at least 7 years now. It is incredibly moisturizing, NOT waxy at all (some chapsticks are pretty much a stick of wax and do nothing for the lips), makes my lips pinker, and my husband is not allergic (like he is with many of my lip products). Pretty much everyone I know has seen me using this and make fun of me b/c of my "glue stick" chapstick but I don't care, it's the only thing that works. I do wish it lasted longer on the lips though. I also use this for dry spots on my skin and to fade scars. It's very soothing. p.s. they recently released a small chapstick-size version of this product, but I'm not sure if all of the ingredients are the same. I was using it for about a week but lost it (I think my cat had something to do with that) so I can't say if it's exactly the same.
EDIT: The ingredients in the small version of this are not the same. It has an added wax and some other stuff, so I'll stick to the original.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Ain't just for lips!

This has got to be the best moisturizing stick ever.... it moisturizes, smells great..... smells like cake batter, so yummmmmmy.... plus, not only is it great for your lips but you can spot treat certain areas of your body if you don't want to use a cream all over.... I will sometimes use this under my eyes and it works great as an eye cream at night.

I have found in my beauty travels over the years that most products which have been around for years really do deliver results... I'm not saying that they all do but there are many that certainly do and Palmers products is one of them.

If you want soft lips, elbows, knees etc. then I highly recommend you try this product.

Popular Lip Treatments