Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

on 12/30/2013 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Perfect bronzer for contouring or a touch of color without sparkle. It is very soft & matte, no shimmer. It you want the dewy look, this is not the bronzer to use. The scent is scrumptious! Actually smells like chocolate. Will buy again.

i absolutely love this product, it's a nice matte bronzer that's not to orange. it's perfect for contouring and it stays on all day what more could you ask for?

on 11/18/2013 11:35:00 AM

I actually lucked out and when buying the too faced 2013 holiday pallet and a small try it set. I ended up with two of these in the darker formula. This is a great way to try this product before you buy the $$$ item.

I am a pretty big fan of both the wet and wild bronzers and NYC's sunny bronzer. I didn't get the milk Chocolate formula I was a little itmidated turned out a little light hand and a fuffly brush and this went on so smooth and beautiful. I Couture my cheek hollows hairline and chin with this and was VERY happy with the result.

Because this is a matte product I probably will continue to just use this as a conture and will use my wet and wild and NYC Sunny as bronzers. But it's a definite higher end do that will give you a beautiful conture. Oh and did I mention the smell??? If you love chocolate you can give yourself a smell fix while you are making up!

on 11/16/2013 2:25:00 AM

I've been obsessed with bronzers this past 6 months and have tried 6-7, and the Chocolate Soleil is my favorite. I'm an NC20-25, do not really have a lot of experience contouring and do not have the best tools/techniques, but this bronzer looks really good on my skin and makes my face look slimmer (especially in photos!!!) and contoured. I was worried it might be too dark for my fair skintone and was instructed by the awesome Sephora dude to just "prick" the tip of my brush into the powder to avoid getting too much (which is a great tip whenever you might be trying to avoid applying too much of any makeup), but I haven't had to use this technique for this product because it has not been too dark. It goes on smoothly and easily blends to look natural. I really love it.

My makeup products do not have to have any smells, even that of delicious cocoa, but I certainly won't demand that Too Faced remove this fragrance from the product.

on 11/8/2013 9:26:00 PM

I've used just about every bronzer out there, and used Benefit's Hoola for many years. However, this bronzer blows all others out of the water, including Hoola. Chocolate Soleil has a much more flattering, and more natural looking brown-tan tint to it. It gives the most flawless contour, it's ridiculous. I've always used the same brush and technique to contour m cheeks, so I instantly knew it was this bronzer. It has a lovely matte finish to it as well. It blends beautifully, is a magnificent color, looks very natural, and it even smells great ! It smells like cocoa puffs to me. HG bronzer !

on 11/1/2013 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Way too light for my skin tone...does not show up even a tiny bit. So I guess my review is a little unfair lol.

I loved the scent!

on 10/5/2013 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this bronzer!!! I've had it for a year and a half, and during this time have used the product almost every time I wear makeup (5 or so times a week, but I rarely wear makeup during the summer because I don't go to school). It is the perfect neutral brown color, unlike some other bronzers I've used that have orange, red, and green undertones. It's completely matte, but not chalky at all, and blends out so smoothly. I heard the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer is better for fair skin tones like mine, but the darker one worked perfectly for me (it's not to dark) and I'm a NC20 in Mac. Just use a light hand because it's quite pigmented.
I use this to contour my face mostly, but if you use a really light hand you might be able to use it for a all over bronze look.
The next bronzer I want to try out is Nars Laguna (for winter months because it gives a sheen to the skin - my sister has this product) or Benefit Hoola (for spring, summer, fall because it's completely matte). I don't know if I will though because I just love THIS product so, so, so much!

I really like this for contour but sometimes I feel it is just a taddddd orangey. But I feel so luxurious putting it in because it smells so yummy!

I absolutely love the product! I didn't think I would because of the strong scent (I love chocolate and even pure cocoa but i'm not a fan of too much fragrance in my face products/makeup) but I grew to love it because I really like how the color deposits onto my skin. (I have the chocolate on- it's the darker one) for ref i'm an NC35 in MAC. I appreciate that the product is well compact so it's not powdery and you dont get a bunch of fall out/too much on the brush.. It's buildable. It also gives you a nice matte bronzed look not sparly or orange at all. Just perfect!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Wow!! I can't believe it's taken me this long to jump on the bandwagon for this amazing product. NC20-25 here and usually bronzers make my face look fake or patchy, not this one! It gives the most natural looking golden glow & smells of luscious cocoa, non-irritating to my sensitive, clog-prone skin and the tiniest amount goes a long way. Absolute repurchase, I've ran the gamut of bronzers, both high and low end & none of them even compare to chocolate soleil. My only gripe is the tacky packaging, for $30 I'd prefer something more compact and HE looking. Just a minor flaw though!