Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.8

on 8/17/2012 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Matte Ecru II, which is a decent match for my NC25 skin. It's not nearly as yellow-toned as my HG Diorskin Forever compact foundation in Linen, but oh well. Lancome foundations tend to run a little too pink/peach for me anyway. I apply Dual Finish with a damp Beautyblender sponge for a flawless finish. I only use this foundation on days when I bascially only need to even out my skintone a little but not look like I'm wearing makeup because Dual Finish gives a very light coverage. You will not be able to cover up any blemishes, only mattify your skin and even your skintone a tiny bit. When applied wet, the finish more of a satiny matte instead of a powdery matte. I don't ever wear Dual Finish dry on its own so I can't say what the finish is like dry, but it's perfect wet and as a setting powder over liquid foundation. The fragrance is awful but fades after about 30 minutes. Lasting power is decent for me (I have combination to dry skin, not very oily and no large pores) but it will sweat off so I can only wear if it's not so hot out that I will sweat or if I'm going to be mostly in air conditioning.

I use this just like a compact powder and it`s really good, it has a sheer coverage, nothing heavy, really good quality, velvety finish, not chalky at all (If you are looking for a full coverage this is not the product for you). It`s a bit expensive, but wait: this really last for months! Mine last almost a year (no kidding!!!) using it every single day! This powder doubles the content of every other compact powders, so at the end, it's not really pricey, because you are getting good quality and a fair amount of product.

on 6/20/2012 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like this powder a lot and I do find it very versatile. I apply a very thin layer before my foundation to absorb sweat and oil in the hot humid summer, use it to take shine off my nose, and sometimes apply it with a wet sponge for better coverage in the heat, when I feel like liquid foundation would get too runny. It has good staying power and looks very natural and nice on my skin. It's nothing transforming or amazing but it's a very good and reliable powder and a purchase I did not regret.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love Lancome's Dual Finish Powder. I don't find it to be expensive, but one compact lasts at least 6 months for me. I usually buy the unscented version, but the scented one doesn't bother me. I like that I can use it wet or dry and it provides light coverage. I don't use liquid foundation at all, so this works perfectly for me. I've been using it over 20 years!

on 6/24/2012 11:24:00 AM

I started using this product a few months ago after having only used liquid foundation. I wanted to transition into using powder foundation, even though my skin can get a little dry and flaky. It's just soooooo much easier and takes such less time. I use Matte Sand III. The shades are lighter than what it appears to be on the website. I am an NC40 in Mac.

I loooove the feel of this foundation on my skin. I would say it is a medium- to full- coverage buildable foundation. I have acne scars that are dark and need to be covered so I use a wet sponge and apply all over my face. The coverage is amazing and so is the feel of the foundation. I don't feel like I am wearing any foundation!

Here is how I apply it. First, I apply my Mac Prep and Prime primer all over my face. I don't use this product for around my eyes because this area for me is much much darker than the rest of my face, so I use a liquid foundation around my eye area, wait for it to dry, then apply a concealer under my eyes. After that, I apply the powder with a wet sponge (not on the eye area), and then use Mac Fix + spray to set it. Sometimes, when I really feel that my acne scars are looking much darker, I use Mac Studio Sculpt concealer on the scars, wait for it to dry a bit, then apply the powder with a wet sponge on top.

I have even used a translucent setting powder instead of the fix plus and loved the feel of it. I think we aren't supposed to use a setting powder over powder foundation, but it works for me!

Anyone looking for a good quality powder foundation that delivers should definitely buy this!

Just one more thing to add, I have been using my Sephora Microsmooth foundation and I can say that the sephora one provides a luminosity that this one doesn't. I love both for different reasons, but for the cost, if I had a choice, I would go for the Sephora Microsmooth foundation which I also apply with a wet sponge.

on 7/10/2012 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I'm so mad at Lancome I could spit! I have used Dual Finish for years and adore it but something's changed. It took me weeks to figure out that the red scaley rash on my jaw and checks was from their powder. I'm just sick of companies changing their formulations and ruining wonderful products!

on 4/9/2012 8:22:00 PM

I really like this powder! Although I do NOT use it wet...always dry! It sets nicely and never looks cakey. I am VERY very pale and bought matte pearl 1 ..the lightest shade with neutral undertones.

There is a light scent in this powder, the traditional lancome rosey scent is used...I dont mind it at all and it after you use the foundation the scent dissipates after about 20 mins.

I havent experienced clogged pores or anything. The compact is very pretty and easily fits in my purse! The bad side is that its very expensive for a powder, although it does last me a long time (months and months). I also wish that they had more colors available in the fragrance free version.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been wearing Dual Finish for 30 years. I loved it so much I have never seen reason to stray from it. I always use this as a dusting finish powder over my foundation. I wear BE Mineral Foundation now and still use this instead of the BE Mineral Veil. It always makes my finished makeup look similiar to airbrushed. I use it for a touch up if I am going somewhere for the evening too. It is the HG powder for me and matches my skintone perfectly as Matte Buff II, I am quite fair complected and that is a feat in itself.

on an everyday basis, i either wear no face makeup or BB cream and i've noticed that by the end of the day, my T-zone is SUPER oily! i bought this for that reason, and i do see a difference. at the time, my lancome counter was having gift with purchase so i thought that justifies the price a bit for me. plus i grew up watching my mom use this so i figured it would work for me too!

PROs:
- versatile! you can use it wet/dry to achieve different levels of coverage and finishes
- comes with puff and sponge
CONs:
- puff sits on top of product (i just kept the plastic that comes with it inside)
- scent (doesn't bother me but i know it will bother some people)

on 5/17/2012 1:39:00 AM

I love Lancome! This powder is ok. Not much coverage! I still have to wear foundation. I do like the fact taht it last long and I dont have to re- apply over and over. I would recomend for people with oily skin. I bought it and it came with a bunch of free goodies! That is always a plus :)