Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette
Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow paletteCoastal Scents 88 Ulta Shimmer Palette

4.1

The 88 shimmer palette is great if you want to experiment with colors. It offers a wide range of colors that are so pretty. The shadows are about the size of a penny/dime.

The price has been reduced I believe the palette is $18.95 or $19.95 which is just so affordable than going to the higher end brands and getting a color that you cannot necessarily wear everyday. By getting a decent-good quality you get to try things out and then branch out to the expensive stuff.

on 7/30/2009 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

While this palette is definitely good to have when you just started experimenting bright colors, the quality is not the best in my opinion. Still, for the price, I would say it is definitely worth having. When I first got this, I used to use it a ton because this was like the only brights palette I had but as I collected more fun colors from high end brands, I do not reach for this palette anymore. But I will definitely keep this because it has that really crazy red and hot pinks and blues that I just don't wanna pay a lot of money for, but want to have in my kit just in case.

My only beef with this is the pans tend to fall out and I have to glue them back in... Othet then that, I LOVE it! This palette is so much fun! You get so many colors for such a great price! These work fine alone but GREAT with a primer. I DO like the matte palette better though, I just find it a little more mature. If I EVER run out, I'd repurchase!

I love the 88 palettes. i didnt think id like this one because some swatches ive seen showed this palette to look like crappy little kid make up. i guess cameras kind of make the sparkles look much bigger than they are. anyway, i took off one lippie for the potentially harmful chemicals that are in these eyeshadows. aside from that, im soo happy with these two palettes and with everything i got from coastal scents. coastal scents has a tendency to be inconsistent with quality in the same product, meaning one person will get a good one, another person will get a terrible one. this is especially true in the brushes. i just happened to get amazing quality in everything i got, i guess im lucky. anyway, i love this palette and will repurchase if i ever use it up- thats a big if.

on 7/2/2009 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't really use much of my 120 palette, so I was really hesitant to try this. I love shimmer, but alot of the colors in the 120 palette look AMAZING in the pans, but they are like glittery and have horrible color pay off and flake everywhere. Because these are so cheap, if only a few colors work out for me, it's still worth it since I hate wearing the same eyeshadow daily (even weekly) so I'd rather have a bunch of different colors, even if they are small (I believe these are smaller than the 120 palette).

To be fair for those who don't like this palette, I haven't worn them yet, I've just done a ton of swatches over NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk with the included sponge top applicators but I think the color pay off is amazing! They have the perfect amount of shimmer in my opinion, the ones I swiped weren't glittery and flaky and none of them seem chalky. CS packaged it well, none of my shadows were damaged. CS also lowered their palette prices (right after I placed my order, go figure!) so it is now $19.95 vs. $24.95. I really don't wear alot of matte, but I'm considering getting the other palette because they are so cheap and it might be fun to mix textures! I don't think you have anything to lose getting this palette!

I'm only going to give this 4 lippies because of the packaging, no my eyeshadows haven't fallen out yet but I think that's pretty unexceptable and I think people would actually pay $30 for this palette if it meant shadows not popping out. It would be a shame to have a favorite shadow in here shattered. I also hate how they say Coastal Scents really big on the front now (vs. just a plain black palette). Lastly, I feel that it is lacking a good orange color and I've been looking for a good dark teal color which isn't in here either.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I LOVE this palette with all my heart, soul, and bones. The pigmentation is amazing and there is so much variety. The texture is smooth and very easy to blend. It works even better wet.

The only reason I cannot give this product a 5 rating is because the packaging is crappy. The pans pop out too easily and the sponge applicators are hard to put back in the holder if you remove them.

But... get some gorilla glue and you'll be A'okay!

I received this in a swap, so in all fairness I have no idea how well it was taken care of before I got it, but quite a few of the little pots have popped out, and obviously have done that before and were glued back in. As far as quality of the actual product goes though I am quite happy. Most of the colours are very pigmented, and have a good texture. Some stay on well and some not so much, but they all need a base. I have not had any irritation yet, and the blend well. The colours are nice over all, but it lacks a great purple and a great yellow or orange. I am happy with it, and would recommend it to anyone, especially for the price. I store mine with a paper towel in it and an elastic wrapped around it.

I enjoyed playing with colors in this palette. Awesome, vibrant colors...some consider it to be too shimmery, but I like it. I like shimmer :)

Fall out is eh...but again, all eyeshadows have fallout.
Great staying power...of course with a good base.

You won't be disappointed.
Just be careful ..the case is pretty fragile.

on 4/5/2009 3:43:00 AM

Great for those just starting to play with e/s colors, this palette offers every color you may ever need. The colors are beautiful by themselves, appearing highly pigmented when you swatch them w/o a primer. Primers are a must, however, for these shades b/c staying power isn't this palettes forte. For the price, however, you get 88 shimmery shades in dime sized pans. You will not find a product like this anywhere else, for quality and color selection. Def. worth buying, I can re-create virtually any look w/n this palette. The downside? The case is very fragile, I am constantly treating it very carefully because I am afraid all it will take is one fall for these e/s to bite the dust. Also fall out can be a problem if you are not careful. But even still, every time I open the case, I sigh happily at all those pretty colors in the case just waiting for me to use them.

on 3/23/2009 9:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I love the bright shimmery colors. The palettes are so vibrant and pigmented. A little goes along way. The only downfall is
it is very delicate. I accidentally dropped the case with it landing on the edge. Two of the palettes were ruined and now somewhat useless. Otherwise, this was a great buy :)