Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette
Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow paletteCoastal Scents 88 Ulta Shimmer Palette

4.1

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This palette is amazing! Great color payout, a great assortment of colors and a handy palette. What more could you ask for?

There is some fallout, but that is expected with many eyeshadows, which is why I put my face makeup on after I do my eyes. Also, use these shadows with an eyeshadow base and paint pot. You won't be disappointed. With that said, I have used these shadows without primers as well and it does give a slight crease midday, but I just swipe back over it with a travel eyeshadow brush and it continues to look great.

I love this palette!! The pigment is bright and it doesn't take much product to achieve the desired result. I have not had major problems with creasing, even without an eye primer. The price for all of the shadows that come in the palette is ridiculously cheap, especially for the quality. I do have some issue with the pans of shadow coming out of their home in the palette, but I consider it a gift because when I finish up one color, I'm not going to have to try and pry it out in order to replace it. Coastal scents is the best. I'm not putting MAC shadows, I love MAC, but the pigment of Coastal Scents is very much like the pigment that you would receive from a MAC shadow, very high quality. And for the price?! They've won me over...

on 2/25/2010 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I really love this palette.I got it as a gift for last Christmas.It is really cheap comparing to MAC,pigmentation is great,perfect especially for beginners or people who are trying to find out which colour suit them best.Definitely recommend it.

on 2/26/2010 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I Loved this product at first But i just got way to tired of all the shimmer So I sometimes use the colors If I want some shimmer so I just use one color from there and find some mattes to go along with it

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've heard so much hype about this palette and how it's very comparable to Mac eyeshadows so I ordered it and was very happy when I recieved it. The packaging was great and nothing had broken during shipping, but as I tried on the eyeshadows I wasn't so happy anymore. Even with a primer the lighter colors hardly show up and it has a kind of chunky texture to it. There is way way too much fallout and my whole entire face ends up a shimmery mess afterwards so I always have to stick some tissue on my cheeks before I apply it. The darker colors are amazing and I love them, but there's still an issue with fallout. I also have somewhat sensitive skin and have found that when I use these eyeshadows the skin around my eyes becomes very itchy and causes my eyes to water and burn or it could just be the new brushes I bought thats irritating my skin. Overall the pigmentation is great on most of the colors except for the very light ones, but the fallout is horrible. It's not too comparable to Mac, but it gets the job done. If something happened to my palette I would buy another one just because the price is great, but I would definitely stick to my Mac and Urban Decay.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

All of the colors were a litle intimidating at first, but I LOVE it! I would have paid MORE than $20 for it. I couldn't wait for it to get to my house after I ordered it. For the first few days, everytime I opened it I saw angels fly out and music playing. Lol. I really, really enjoy having so many options and different looks. It is definitely for those who enjoy playing around with make-up and going for different looks.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

*edit* - I didn't mention it last time but there is a lot of fallout with this so it is best to use this before applying any makeup to your face. Also I feel like the texture is kind of crumbly compared to my warm palette. VERY shimmery so now I'm kind of wishing I bought the matte palette. Anyway if you want a lot of shimmer then this is still the best option of course :) Also, I find that the best way to deal with the fallout is to spray some mixing medium on your brush and then using the eye shadow. The colour will be more intense and will stay on longer.

I ordered this and the warm palette along with some brushes and gel liners off Coastal Scents on 28 Decemeber (I live in Hong Kong) and even with standard international shipping it arrived 8 hours before expected. In short, shipping is great and everything was wrapped in tons of bubble wrap and I didn't have a single broken shadow. The reason I took one lippie off is that international shipping can get very expensive and I don't like how they do it based on weight rather than how much you spent. International shipping rates have reduced on a lot of website so I found this significantly expensive.

Anyway I don't regret it because this palette is amazing. All the colours are very pigmented and they are beautiful! I honestly don't need anything else (having this and the warm palette). The shimmer is really pretty. I have extremely sensitive eyelids and have not had any problems with this. I really do think you need a primer with this because the colours will look much much prettier. You don't need to spend tons of money on a primer. You could use just a bit of foundation but I would recommend making your own eye primer. (Go to Youtube and search Enkore eye primer - very simple and works great). I love how with this palette I can watch any make up tutorials and replicate the look because I have either the exact colour or something very similar. Love it :) A must buy if you're on a budget but still want all the colours you could have :)

on 2/17/2010 12:53:00 AM

I've had this palette for quite a while now. And I've only used it a few times.
Although the colors are creamier and more pigmented than the ones in the matte palette the frostiness keeps me from using this too often (or ever!). I'm only 22, I have no problem wearing shimmer shadows. They're actually flattering. But *this* is too much!
I especially dislike the lighter colors. They all look like white shimmer with just a hint of color that doesn't show up at all in pictures. It's just a shimmery mess.
I'd say this is a good palette to give to a 15yr old girl just getting into makeup. I'm very disappointed.

I just got this yesterday and used it for the first time today - I rarely ever use any colors other than neutral browns, maybe some charcoals sometimes, but I was wanting to branch out into some pinks and purples. For just over $20 I figured I couldn't go wrong with this pallette. And I was right! Some people complain about the pigmentation being very faint - I disagree! I used some pinks and purples and the pigment was just fine. I had to "dip" my brush in several times to get the pink shade to my liking, but I actually prefer this as I can build the color up to the intensity that I choose. Bright colors that are too pigmented immediately upon application are not optimal for me. The darker purple color was fine with one application. Some have complained about not enough shimmer, or too much shimmer...I think it has the right amount of shimmer!

My one complaint is yes, there is a lot of fallout. In the future I will probably wait to apply my foundation until after I've done my eyes, and this problem will be solved.

So bottom line: is it the best eyeshadow out there? Absolutely not, but it is totally worth the money, and great for people like me who can't bring themselves to drop a ton of money on brands like Mac. I definitely recommend. I will probably pick up the warm pallete as well eventually.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was my first palette ever and I absolutely love it! its a great product and the price is amazing! They are very shimmery (just the way I like my eyeshadows) and the pigmentation is great! Some colors do not show up well, such as yellow and light orange. I bought this off of amazon, it was packaged very well and did not arrive damaged.