L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

I have the colors ripe (peachy pink), savory (peach), and delectable (cranberry red), and plush (bubblegum pink). These are amazing lip gloss/balms! They're very conditioning (i put it on before i go to bed and wake up with super soft lips!), sheer, have enough stickiness so that it stays and they smell like vanilla.
I've heard that people compare this with the mac tendertone and find them very similar except the smell (mac tendertone has a strawberry kiwi scent).
These work super well under lipsticks. Usually i apply ripe under a lipstick and it prevents my lips from drying out! Now I can wear shimmery lipsticks without worrying about the shimmer accentuating my fine lines!

on 1/29/2010 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a great balm/gloss to have on hand. I found them very cheap on eBay, and bought Luscious (a deep berry-wine), Plush (creamy pink), and Savory (a soft peach). They're potted, which I don't mind; in fact, I prefer potted lip products as I apply them more often with my fingers or my lip brush rather than a wand. The consistency in the pot is very dense, and balmy, but when you spread it on your lips, it turns into a very flattering, soft gloss. The colors are not opaque; they're sheer and give your lips just a soft pop of color. I wouldn't consider this quite a balm, I don't think it would really cure chapped lips, but they definitely protect against chapping. My lips chap up easily, especially during winter, and I'll apply the Jelly Balm throughout the day, and not have a single problem. The price is rather steep though, I think ten dollars for a drug-store lip product is a little much.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I got this on my new york holiday and I really like it. We do not sell this in the UK and as a fan of lip balms rather than glosses I knew I had to have it. I prefer balms because I hate that sticky feeling of lip gloss but this product is actually more like a lip gloss with the non-sticky smooth feeling of a blam. I chose the colour - Plush - 120 - which is a lush peachy pink colour that looks good on any skin colour.
It has a strong pigment and it does show up more a pink on the lips but it really does show upa nice colour not like general lip balsm which show up sheer. It is a jelly like colour and it has a sugary vanila scent which is a little sickly for me.. It sits nicely on the lips and is moisturising and looks very pretty and girly with no neeed for me to touch up with any lipstick like I normally would have to when I wear a lipbalm because I can never get any colour from a lip balm.
This is a great lip balm and probably more of a gloss but without becing overtly glossy or glioopy like lip glosses are. This is defo great for lip balm lovers who prefer a osft moisturising gloss as this gives a youthful more natural look to the lips. I love the girl peachy pink colour which has staying power for about an hour and then it fades without leaving any stain on the lips. I really like this and I hope they sell this in the UK. It is in a nice clear jar with a black lid and looks oh so very elegant in my makeup bag. Loreal have come up trumps with this lip balm...

on 1/26/2010 11:34:00 PM

I think this lip balm is too expensive when it's not on a special sale. I got my hands on plush and luscious for $2.50 each. Plush is a wonderful light pink color and luscious is a raspberry red on my lips even though it looks super dark in the pot. They smell amazing, feel really smooth on the lips, doesn't dry out my lips like Carmex, and is not sticky. I actually like the glass pot, it doesn't feel so cheap. I just don't like how long it lasts since I have to reapply after about three hours.

on 1/29/2010 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought 2 of these on a whim at a discount store and I really like them (I have Plush and Succulent).

They won't cure chapped lips but will help prevent chapping, they provide just enough color, and they even seem to plump my lips a bit. The smell is great and they aren't too sticky, which is one reason I usually don't like lip gloss.

My only complaint is that they don't last very long.

Overall I'm very pleased with them.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is great! It makes your lips look so glossy! I got this in savory and its kind of a neutral color and it looks so good!

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I bought three of these (plush, luscious, and succulent) from allcosmeticswholesale wanting to try them out since they were so cheap. I was expecting them to be like those lipglosses in the pot that Lancome came out with a few years ago (lip gelees I think?). They ended up being not at all what I expected, in a very good way. First of all, they have a pretty decent amount of pigmentation for what they are. Even Plush, a light pink color, gives a bit of a tint to my lips. The texture is like a gloss/balm hybrid. It protects your lips like a balm (although it isn't very moisturizing), but has an extremely shiny finish like a gloss with very decent lasting power. There's no flavor to it from what I could tell but they smell really yummy, like vanilla frosting. The glass pot is cute but I wish they made them in tubes as well so that I could throw one in my bag and apply it on the go.

on 1/9/2010 6:37:00 PM

I own 3 of these. One thats pink, orange, and purpleish. All colors give a slight tint, but not very much color. This is very moisturizing, and its pretty thick/sticky so it lasts a long time on the lips. Thew price is pretty high, so for your value, it would make more sense to buy a MAC Tinted lip conditioner, but these have an appeal of their own. Highly rec this.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love the L'Oreal HIP line, and I heard a lot of good things about these jelly balms, so I decided to try them out. I'm glad I did. They have been compared to MAC Tendertones, which I enjoy, but I honestly think these are better. The color payoff is better and they smell amazing. I love it when products, especially lip ones, smell good; it just makes the whole product more enjoyable.

on 1/4/2010 12:38:00 AM

This is my first MUA review! :D I got three HIP jelly balms in succulent on ebay for around 7 dollars, including s/h. I really love these! its very creamy and sheer. it makes your lips shiny and beautiful! and it has a light caramel scent to it that i find fascinating. so thats a plus. Ah i think i lost one of my succulent balms cuz i cant find it. :P maybe will find it after I clean my dorm. mm oh and im about to buy 3 more on ebay for like 6.50. The colors are plush, luscious and succulent. i hope i win the auction. update: Urg theres ten hours left until the auction ends and now its up to 11 dollars. I already have succulent so i'm just going to bid on another auction for savory! 3 dollars is the most I'm going to pay for one jelly balm. and I heard good reviews for savory. I'm so excited to try it out ^_^