MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42

3.8

on 10/9/2015 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

My first try at a BB Cream. Was matched with shade 23.

Packaging is 100% excellent. The pump at the end of a tube makes dispensing the product so hygienic. The product blends smoothly onto my face and best of all it plays well with other products. Moisturizers, primers, concealers, setting powders all had no problems sitting underneath or on top of this. Feels light on my face and at the end of the day after cleansing my skin did feel softer. Has a powdery scent that diffuses over time.

I used my fingers to apply this and it evened out my skin tone very well. It didn't cover my acne spots though so I would call this light to medium coverage. I didn't layer on more to see if it had buildable coverage as I prefer a lighter foundation and concealer where it is needed than having a heavy layer of foundation.

The color of this BB cream is interesting to say the least. Out of the pump it is very dark and when first applied it looks grey. Freaked out when I first tried it because it looked like I rubbed ash on my face. Then in a few minutes the grey fades away to match my skin except for a a bit of a pinkish tone. Now I'm an NC 30 so pinkish tones are a deal breaker for me but this stuff didn't make it look artificial. It just looked like my skin with a bit of a pinkish tone like maybe how it was when I was a baby. Unfortunately that meant that my face didn't match my neck and I hate extending foundation onto my neck. Besides that it made my skin look great. Pores blurred. Tone evened out. Looked like nice skin minus the acne spots.

Didn't want to give up so I combined this with Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Banana to see if that could add a bit of warmth and make it match more my natural yellow based undertone. Helped somewhat in that I didn't look too weird with pink face and yellow neck but still not completely matched.

Will not repurchase though because it's not that great for my oily skin. I'm shiny in four hours and I need to blot and powder. Plus I don't like the fact that I need to special order a very yellow based powder for it to work. Still can't complain. I'll use the tube up and recommend this for fair to medium gals with pinkish undertones and dry to normal skin.

I had been searching for a great BB cream that matched my very pale skin and saw positive reviews for this bb cream in no.13. I had been using Skin79 in the pink bottle however it oxidised to an orange tint after a couple of hours!

Texture/lasting power:
It has quite a moisturising texture and is easy to blend around my face. I either use my fingers or Real Techniques Buffing brush to work the bb cream in. I have dry/combination skin and this works well with it HOWEVER if you have oily skin I would avoid this as after a few hours, my skin becomes quite shiny and products rarely do that to my skin. I would definitely recommend a setting spray for this. It occasionally breaks me out, which is a downside.

Colour:
Without a doubt the best colour for pale skin I have had in a BB cream. I find the majority of BB creams are very orange, too dark or too pink. I highly recommend this shade for very pale skin. It also does not oxidise.

Postives:
*Excellent colour for pale skin, it doesn't oxidise at all.
*Relatively cheap
*Gives good, natural and light coverage
*I like the tube bottle, it is easy to control the amount of product coming out.
*Moisturising and contains high SPF

Cons:
*Skin can end up very shiny after a few hours so not recommended for oily skin
*If you have bad acne scarring or other skin problems, this alone will not give you enough coverage.
*Can also cause breakouts

Overall, a very good BB cream with some cons. I personally can make this product work by using powder and setting spray. The colour is absolutely perfect for very pale skin and I love the natural dewy finish it gives my skin. I would definitely recommend getting a sample as this make not work if you have oily skin, want a high coverage product or have very dark skin tone as there are only 3 colour choices unfortunately!

Would I repurchase? Yes!

Better than Nars foundation for coverage. Not cakey. Gives my complexion a glow. SPF 42 helps too for us lazies that sometimes forget the sunscreen. BTW, no. 27 seems the right color for latinas, 2y06-07 in sephora color iq.

on 8/28/2015 5:18:00 PM

Full coverage
Medium oil control
Breaks me out

on 8/22/2015 9:54:00 PM

I really love this BB cream. I find it to be medium coverage and the sunscreen is element is excellent. It doesn't catch on any dry skin I might have, so this is my go-to foundation.

on 8/22/2015 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really liked the consistency and went on my skin very smoothly. The only thing is that I find the colour a bit too dark/greyish cast for my fair/light skin with neutral/warm undertone. Good medium coverage. Would repurchase if the colour was right! Didn't break me out too.

on 8/22/2015 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Finally, i found the one that suits best on my face. I use garnier bb cream before this product. The previous one is also good but it's just not for me because it makes my face looks darker, maybe because it doesnt match my shade.
I decided to use this missha m perfect cover bb cream in shade no.21. I really love it! The oil control power is just awesome. I don't know but i feel like it moisturize my skin as well.

on 8/10/2015 9:39:00 PM

On the one hand, this has a great SPF rating (which is why I bought it), moisturizers and works as a sheer-to-medium buildable foundation. On the other, the color selection is wretched.

It applies smoothly and I wear it pretty sheer. It is easily buildable to a more medium coverage and doesn't streak. The finish is slightly dewy, and it does cover the unevenness in my skin tone quite well even applied moderately.

I'm on the extremely oily end of the combo spectrum, so I set it with translucent loose powder, and it holds up pretty well under that- I can see it trying to break down mid-day after sweating to death in a 90+ degree building (basically, it takes a miracle product to hold up to the current weather and my general oilyness- Nyx BB is the only thing I've found that does). But, it doesn't look terrible and it holds up better than a lot of things.

However, and this is a huge caveat, the color range just sucks. I purchased 23, as I've tanned some in spite of myself (and thus I'm not my usual pale self) and I tan very golden. Unfortunately, though it matches my face to my arms/chest pretty well as far as light-dark value is concerned, the pink/grey/brown undertone is rather terrible on me. It just looks off, kind of dirty and ashy. It alllllmost works applied lightly enough but it is pretty far from my general skin tone. If they ever make a yellower shade, I would repurchase in a heartbeat. And I'll probably use it when I know I'm going to be in the sun, like for travelling, but day-to-day, no. It's too jarringly wrong colored, sadly. I'll try the lighter shades in the winter and hope they match better, though.

EDIT a couple of years later. I started mixing 23 with 31, this summer. I discovered my mineral makeup physical SPF works better than Neutrogena's chemical SPF 100, resulting in a WILD mismatch between my face and body since I've had to be out in the sun this summer. Wat do? I got the shade up from 23 and sure enough mixed 50/50 it works fabulously. It holds up in the heat (well, with a strong translucent powder over top) wayyyyyy better than my usual mineral powder and has more coverage, which I need to make my face match my body right now. I mean, I've been sweating like crazy, rubbing my face a little... it doesn't break down or budge- a bit of oiliness mid-day but no melting or breaking down! No breakouts, have gotten many compliments on it even. With a good color match it's the best I've found for oily skin in the summer.

on 8/5/2015 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am very impressed with this product, it blends into my skin seamlessly and it really looks like I have nothing on if I blend it properly with my brush. You can build up the coverage and it covers the large pores on my nose so well. Overall, it's a really great product and well worth the money, superior to all of the western foundations and bb creams that I've tried in the same price range. Also you can get it on Ebay for a cheap as chips price with free worldwide shipping.

edit: I dropped one star as it doesn't last very long on my oily skin without powder. with powder it does last quite well though.

I use this stuff by itself when I want to go all natural.