SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.5

on 12/11/2017 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i didnt personally use this but my mom did for 5 years straight and her face is as soft as a baby's butt. it's the only skincare product she used for a long time and i think that really made the difference. it is insanely expensive, but she highly recommends it. she did get comments that she doesn't look 45 -- despite her having bad skin back in her 30s

on 12/10/2017 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Having used so many skin care products and brands, the SK-II is one that has proven truly effective, in my case. Some other products I have tried work to make my skin feel better and are a joy to use, some others work instantaneously but superficially (eg, products with firming, tightening effect). Well, SK-II FTE is not one of those. For me, the benefits have been visible and real. My skin texture and complexion has improved a lot since using this. Acne is kept at bay, oiliness is controlled, wrinkled have diminished, and discolourations have faded. It is expensive, but absolutely worth it. I don’t know how something with the consistency and appearance of simple water can work so well. I’ll keep on buying, so long as I can afford it!
PS, I just put drops on my palm and tap the essence all over my face. I have refrained from using cotton to apply, as the product is wasted on the cotton.

on 12/3/2017 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is life changing. I have never ever used anything on my skin that has made such a difference. It is super expensive but IT WORKS. I have dry/dehydrated skin and nothing makes my skin glowy and fresh like this essence. I don't use it everyday because it is so expensive, but if I'm ever having a bad skin day, this saves it immediately. If i have a breakout, this stops it. If my skin feels dry, this moisturizes it. This product is truly incredible.

on 11/18/2017 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I've been using this for about 4 1/2 months, I did buy it because Cate Blanchett promotes the line regularly and her skin is perfection. I apply it after cleansing and toning and wait about 5-10 min for it to absorb before moving on to actives, serums and moisturizers. I use my hands and press it into my face and neck, the scent is light but not good, luckily it fades quickly. I find that my skin looks much more even when I use this, redness is reduced by a lot it almost makes me look too monotone to be honest lol, like stark white. It does seem to work a tad better with the SKII clarifying lotion used right before but I have stopped using both due to cost. Would probably repurchase if I can't find a suitable dupe. Unfortunately I find this far too expensive to fully commit to buying again but I would if the price was lower. It's currently $125CAD for 75ml.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i'm so skeptical about this expensive water stuff
everyone loves this product in my country
but some people also hates it, because it breaks their skin, purging reaction, and it's so expensive

and finally i give it a try, i try the sample size first
i have to admit, it's a great product, my skin feels more glowing and brigther

it adsorb on my skin quickly

if you have extra money, try to buy this, but i think try the sample size first

if you wanna try this kind of water stuff but the price doesn't make sense for you, these are dupes that i already try (please note, all of these products are korean skincare, sk ii is originally from japan) :
- Secret Key starting treatment essence (originally, this is the first product that i try, for such a cheap price, it gives you a good result, but remember, try the sample size first)
- SKIN&LAB bio activating essence (the consistency of this essence is more thick, it does improve your skin, it claimed to be good for anti-aging, but not sure about this tbh)
- cosrx galactomyces 95 whitening power essence (not my favorite tbh, but people said this could be a good dupe, i don't see any change on my skin even tho i already use this for more than 3 months)

also missha time revolution the first treatment essence, but i never try this product

out of all those products, i rank them as :
sk ii - secret key - skin&lab - cosrx

as for the packaging, be careful, it's fragile
just transfer your product on some plastic bottle if you want to bring it for travel purpose

on 11/14/2017 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I used this religiously for over a year. I never saw any particular benefit from using it for my skin though I searched and searched hoping to validate my over the top purchase!

on 7/16/2017 9:20:00 PM

I've been using SK2 FTE for about 10 years before i decided to call it a day. i switched to Kose which costs a fraction of FTE but sadly i had to crawl back barely 2 years thereafter. I poured into a quality muji spray bottle as it lasted me way longer than using it on a cotton pad. after spraying all over i then use my palm on my face to warm the absorption. I have oily combi skin and FTE controls the amount of oiliness on my T zone. the effect is lasting and i only need to blot once a day. My face is also clearer. This may not work for everyone but I'm glad it works for me. I loved the FTE so much I went on to try many of SK2's other products but they weren't at all impressive. The hefty price tag does not justify the benefits they claimed (since i barely experience any myself) but FTE is my HG and ill be forking out money for as long as i live.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm really on the fence about this product. I bought it because I really believed that it would hydrate my skin and give it that clear, purified, bouncy look that's always in those Asian skin commercials. I also just really wanted to believe the hype and this was more or less an impulse buy. I got it at Sephora as part of the Pitera starter set.

I don't know why but my skin doesn't seem to react well with yeast. Anytime I use a product whose star ingredient is yeast, my skin either breaks out or feels super dry. I have very combination skin - normal t zone, dry cheeks. Anyway this essence was no different. A few mins after application my skin feels very dry and tight. It also doesn't seem to really boost the moisturizer I use after - my skin feels the same level of hydration either with or without. I used this for 2 months.

As for the anti-aging claims, I don't have any signs of aging whatsoever and I'm under 25. So I'm not sure how effective it is for that. I don't mind the scent at all - I've used products with a far stronger scent than this. I also find it calming and really appreciate that no extra fragrance was added - my skin is sensitive enough as it is!

My bottom line is - I really don't think this is worth the $100+ CAD. Now, bear in mind I only used this for 2 months and I've read somewhere on an SK II site that you need to go through 1 or 2 full bottles of this essence to really see the difference. I would have kept on using it and finishing the bottle if I didn't keep breaking out with this. The breakouts started about 2 months after I began using it. It wasn't the time of month where my hormones are crazy when the breakouts happened and they pretty much disappeared or were no longer irritated after I stopped using this.

I guess my advice to people thinking about buying this would be - if you don't have tons of extra $$ to spend, don't blindly believe the advertising. If yeast works well for your skin, this product could be great! To me, SKII is similar to La Mer in that they really push "the story" and the "magical" part of the product. It's marketing in the end and it's better to rely on a science based approach if you really want to spend $$ on your skincare. And besides, my Olay moisturizer from the drugstore works better than this product in terms of contributing to clear, healthy, hydrated skin.

on 11/4/2017 2:06:00 AM

Freshen up the skin! I always use this in the morning and night. Works to moist the combination face and also reduce the inflammation on my face during pms

on 8/8/2017 7:03:00 AM

I'm not sure how I feel about this product, I don't understand what it's meant to do. I've been using it but haven't seen any results. Also, you moisten a cotton pad with it and wipe it over your face but for a product so expensive it seems crazy to use so much when so little actually ends up on your face. I love the SK-II Steam Power face cream and have seen results from it but paired with the facial essense there is no further effect, I will just stick with the Steam Power cream by itself.