Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau de Toilette

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I still have the one bottle I got for my wedding years ago. I was very excited at the time because it was pre- a supposed (by the fragrance lover community) reformulation found in the backstores of a dusty shop! Lol
I love it literally a dab will last all day and give a feeling of gourmand but not unpleasantly sweet, almond, marzipan, type of concoction. I cannot believe i still have so much left. It wears better on clothes than on skin. I did not like it this much all those years ago but now it smells better or my taste has changed or my sense of smell.. i truly despised Dior Addict which I got as a guft back then so maybe now I would like it. Except I gave my flanker to somebody then.

Adjectives to describe it - it smells warm and cute.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is my mother's go to scent so it always reminds me of her but lately Ive fallen in love with it for myself. Its a warm and sensual scent.

I don't get the spicy notes like cinnamon on me but most scents go sweeter on me. This becomes a very warm vanilla and musk scent on me.

This lasts ALL DAY on me as well.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The coconut-vanilla-almond in this has always smelled very beachy to me. Like suntan lotion and warm, salty skin. Those from central Europe, familiar with the Solea creme ( *sidetrack: nivea-like cream, a bit fattier than nivea even, highly recommend if you like nivea btw *end sitetrack), will recognize a similar "solar" note. The salty note is pronounced and wonderful to me.

The pyramid would have you expecting a foody sweet fragrance, but I find it surprisingly clean and creamy. I agree with the reviewer who said it smells motherly, I have always thought it was comforting and calming.

I think something my body has been up to lately changes some scents on me, as this, as well as several other fragrances, pulls spicy on me. I have never perceived it as spicy on others, and would prefer it to smell creamier on me, but for those who enjoy spice the slight dry, hot kick might be good.

I prefer simpler bottles, but my confusion with this particular one is it seems poorly fitted to the juice. This scent isn't a bright red forbidden fruit, it's a comforting but sexy amplified body lotion. On a beach. In the best way possible.

The scent stays linear, and lasts forever.

I won't repurchase, at least not any time soon, simply because so many people still (ab)use it that I have become satiated with it. I don't even wear mine at work, not just because of the strong trail it leaves, but because at least three women there apparently bathe in it. This is so strong I can't believe anyone would apply so much, and it doesn't do the scent justice to use enough as to turn it cloying and suffocating. If you are reasonable with application, it's wonderful and thoroughly enjoyable. You won't smell very unique though, it's still everywhere and instantly recognizable. But delicious.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hi!
I like the scents that have something to say and not fade away too soon.
On me it has a good longevity.
The bottle seems to me that is an apple=the original sin/poison.
I wore it during day,but I say it's a perfume for evening.
When you say "poison" in a perfume you expect something heavy,but no.It's easy to wear and it will stick with you all day.

Hypnotic poison smells very maternal to me. It's cozy, comforting, stable and sweet. It's a pleasant fragrance but on my skin it has no oomph. Very sweet, it starts out a bit more interesting than it really is with promises of spice or maybe something darker but quickly dries down to a soft, very wearable, powdery vanilla. And it lasts for ages as a linear, powdery vanilla. Sillage is moderate.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hypnotic Poison EDT is easy to like. It’s a smooth vanilla. I do get the root beer scented Play-doh that so many experience, but that dissipates as time passes and the vanilla sticks around as the prominent note. Also, I think Hypnotic Poison is a toned down, not as heavy version of Dior Addict. If you tried Dior Addict but thought it was a bit too heavy, then you might want to try Hypnotic Poison. I find it much more wearable than Addict. To my nose, Addict has always seemed best suited for powersuits in boardrooms or for long black gowns at a gala. On the other hand, Hypnotic Poison could suit a college student or a businesswoman or a homemaker or really anyone as long as they love vanilla.

All vanilla lovers should try Hypnotic Poison. I’ve never had the chance to test the EDP, but the EDT is smooth, sexy, longlasting, and garners many compliments. Plus, who could resist that red bottle?

Can you imagine if Dior came out with a lotion or body cream or a body wash for Hypnotic Poison?? Heaven.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I can see why Hypnotic Poison is a signature scent for so many people out there; it's warm, fuzzy, sweet, comfortable and depending on the application could pass even as a skin scent.

I used to feel very indifferent about it as I was sick of smelling it everywhere - the craze lasted more than a decade until La vie est belle took over - and frankly couldn't detect any wow factor.

Still I find it fairly linear with no exciting twists and turns; almond and not too sweet vanilla blended with plum and velvety woods. The end. But it's awfully nice in its simplicity. Many mention rootbeer but I have no clue as to what it smells or tastes like. Also there are so many raves about HP being a femme fatale scent but the Dior that fits the bill is Addict EDP; the image I get is sleek hair, smokey eyes, total black outfit with metallic details, killer heels, matching underwear and a whip. From HP I get romantic date at the cinema wearing comfy sweaters and burgundy lipstick. Maybe knee-high boots as well but the overall image is cozy, not risque.

Also I find the performance not that great; I don't remember about the vintage HP but my bottle is from 2013 and despite the initial blast I consider the silage moderate. Lasts a few good hours but I have to reapply to get the impact.

Still it's a beautiful scent and compliment getter that got me under its hypnotic spell - couldn't resist the lame pun :P

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

One of my earliest fragrance memories involves the original Poison, so it holds a special place in my heart. I always like sampling the flankers as well, as most of them have been very nice on me. I have kind of a love-hate relationship with gourmand fragrances, mainly because I find vanilla to very common but very rarely executed to its full potential, but I think Hypnotic Poison is one of the instances where vanilla really realizes something above sexy baked goods. Maybe it is that little heart of the original Poison, with all of its mystery and depth, that takes it to the next level for me. The bottle is freaking gorgeous too, this is an incredibly sultry perfume and it wants you to know it. I prefer the original Poison and Pure Poison above the Hypnotic, but Hypnotic is a nice addition to the family nonetheless.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I remember when I first smell the EDT version in a store and the first thing I thought was that it was horrible, too sweet and strong. But then, 10 minutes later a sweet vanilla with a little bit of mint somewhere, a very "milky" scent, started exhaling from the piece of paper. All I can say is that I fell in love with it right away. I kept that paper with me for a WHOLE WEEK and I could still smell that delicious scent by the 7th day, less stronger of course, but still the same sweet, vanilla menthol. I decided that I wanted it as my signature smell and I needed to purchase it right away, so back to the store I went, but they didn't have it anymore. So, searching online to buy it, I discovered that it had another version, the EDP. I wanted to buy it- but I couldn't remember which one I smelled before, since the bottles are more or less a like, and I didn't want to take the risk.
Then I desesperately searched for another store, and there I saw them, the two red bottles. I tried the darker one first, the EDP. The moment you spray it, it doesn't smell as sugary sweet as the EDT, but in the dry down the vanilla appears a lot more, but in my opinion, this version is way less sweeter than the EDT. But don't go thinking this isn't sweet, THEY BOTH ARE, but the EDT is much, much more. What I love about it, it's the simplity of it- it's smell is basically almond and vanilla, and in my opinion, a bit of mint, even though I couldn't find it in the notes. While the EDP has the same familiar smell, I would say it isn't as basic as his brother. It has more notes, a LITTLE citric in the beginning, and a bit less sweeter- so I wasn't as amused by this one as I was with the EDT. It's good, but the original one it's just breathtaking. It's unique. And funny thing is, I always hated sweet scents. But I can't get enough of this one, even when it's summer and I go without using it for weeks cause I can't stand it (Warning, it is very, very strong in hot weather. It will suffocate you.) But when it's cold or a fresh weather, it smells completely different, it's crazy. It's like it was made for these days, it's just a fresh vanilla with almonds. It is a sexy scent.
People know it's me when I arrived somewhere because of the smell, the projection of this is MAD! I was asked a billion times what I was using saying it was delicious. Some people thought it was chocolate. Don't think you'll go unnoticed, cause you won't- but if you overdose it in how weathers, you may piss people off. 😆
The fixation lasts in me, like 6~7 hours of projection, from then on it's rent to the skin. I'd say it stays 14 hours. I THINK the EDP lasts longer though, but that's what I can say from the one time I tested it.
I've own it for more than 8 months now, and I don't think I'll change it so soon. I keep trying floral, fruity, musky and even sweet perfums but I always get sick of them and nothing, none of it compares to this piece of sweet heaven in a frask. ;)

I was 18 or less when I got a sample of this. I was having a dinner at my grandma's and sniffing the sample thinking "omg this is amazing".. I was too young to be confident enough to wear this but I admired it so much. I imagined a gorgeous woman smelling like this and hoped to become one one day.. 20 years later and I am so ready to rock this fragrance. I still feel the same admiration as I felt back then. But now it is me who is wearing it.. ;-)

Popular Fragrances