Aquolina Pink Sugar

Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

1919 reviews

on 1/30/2018 11:46:00 PM

I really like this! I've been seeing alot of reviews for this lately, so decided to "sniff" it out the last time I was at Kohl's... It went home with me😃. I'm 48 yo, and I definitely don't mind smelling like cotton candy and vanilla.. I used to love the body spray "Vanilla Cupcake" by Bodycology, but have been unable to find it since my last bottle over 4 years ago.. Sure, there's a lot of candy type scents at Bath and Body Works, but sprays aren't long lasting. After reading a lot of reviews here that say "Candy" by Prada is the high end version of a sweet scent, I will be treating myself to that too! My scent taste runs from Black Opium, to LVBelle by Lancome, and this Pink Sugar will definitely have its place among those.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love pink sugar. Keep in mind I am 25 and have absolutely loved sugary, obnoxious sweet scents since I was a child. I don't care how old I get, I will always want to smell edible. When I was in high school I wore Calgon Mmm Marshmallow and Body Fantasies Cotton Candy as daily body sprays - I carried them around in my purse and basically drowned myself in them. This sounds annoying or cloying but I never received a complaint. People have always told me that I smell good. Fast forward 10 years and I still love those body sprays, but they don't last long enough on me. So my favorite "adult" perfumes are Prada Candy and Pink Sugar. Pink Sugar is definitely not boring or "just" sweet, though. There is a complexity here. It's not exactly a mature or mysterious complexity, but it's absolutely NOT just a glorified Claire's body spray, and I'm very sad to see some people think of it that way. The fact that this is an eau de toilette is insane. This thing is *intense.* Like, I was just chopping onions and garlic for dinner and still all I smelled was the single spritz of PS that I had put on my wrist. The sillage and lasting power on this is well worth the money. Pink Sugar is a scent powerhouse, and underrated in that regard.

When i first spray this I get an almost fruity scent, but also a slight plastic scent. After about a minute I heavily smell cotton candy and vanilla. and once it's fully dried down, it smells like a rich sugary dream... Like a burnt marshmallow with vanilla icing. There's something about this dried down that can't be described just through a text review. It's scrumptious and almost fantasy-like. I'm in love with it, always have been and always will be.

The bottle is glass, very cute, and feels luxurious for the price. I buy my bottles at Burlington Coat Factory for $15.

on 1/24/2018 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Words cannot describe how much I love this perfume, It makes me feel girly and like a real life Barbie. I can pretty much say it's my signature. What's not to love, it smells amazing, it's crazy long lasting and intense, gets compliments all the time and it's incredibly affordable. I have 2 unopened 100ml bottles of this, the body lotion and the roll on shimmery perfume, that's how much I love it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Wore this in high school I love it its like a cotton candy caramel smell, I agree its too sweet for grown women to like but I still like it for the nostalgic memories

on 8/24/2017 3:02:00 PM

Well well well... if it isnt my adolescence in a bottle haha.

I wore this religiously for a few years when i was about 20ish and always received compliments, especially from men, while wearing this. It smells heavily of vanilla, like you bathed in cupcakes.

Its cheap enough and is in a very cute bottle. Although i loved it a long time ago, unfortunately i find the smell far too sweet for my liking now.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

There is so much about this perfume that I hate. I picked it up at Shopper's for $19.99 and was excited to try it against my chemistry after years of wanting it and never feeling that I could justify the older, higher price tag. In the bottle it smells like a spicy cotton candy; it has a bouquet with depth and it definitely isn't boring. With that being said, the depth disappears once it settles on the skin and I end up smelling purely of licorice and cotton candy. There is a creamy musk in there that just gives me a headache, and I end up being so repulsed by this scent that I feel the need to shower! This would be good for a young girl, say about 13, as a first fragrance, but it definitely isn't something a career woman or mother should wear. Heck, I think this should be sold at Claire's and nowhere else. Yuck.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Yeah, this fragrance was everywhere for quite a long time, and it is still probably pretty popular with certain segments of the population, but it smells nice. Ubiquity doesn't always equal bad products IMHO. I have only ever owned samples of this, and I don't think I'd ever buy a full bottle just because I don't wear it often. Plus, I am 33, and I find it to feel just a little young for me. (Not that young is bad, I just like fragrances that are a little more complex or more floral for a day-to-day scent.)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Guy Magnet!

on 2/24/2017 4:51:00 PM

It is so sweet but comforting, smells like you have wrapped yourself in cotton candy and liqourice. I like to put it on before I go to bed. The sweetness is a bit too overpowering to wear it everyday, but once in a while on a wintersday it is nice and cozy. It isn't easily available where I live, so I had to ship it from Spain. It lasts long and is cheap in comparison to other perfumes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favourite perfume in the world!! I always receive so many compliments on my smell, and this is why. I have been wearing this perfume since I remember. It is the perfect scent! So sweet and not over powering. Perfect for everyday! Also super affordable, love this <3

Popular Fragrances