Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream

Filtered by age: 36-43
Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream
Quince Day Cream

3.9

Water/Aqua, Apricot Kernel Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Quince Seed Extract, Alcohol, Carrot Root Extract, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Avocado Oil, Marsh Mallow Leaf Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Beeswax/Cera Flava, Quince Peel/Fruit Wax, Hydrolyzed Lecithin, Bentonite, Witch Hazel Extract, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Xanthan Gum 5/29/09

Of all the natural products I tested this spring and summer, this cream was a winner. Although I don't think I would seek this out again, I said I would repurchase.

The smell is herbal which I prefer. The cream is actually very nice. It absorbed. It moisturized. No breakouts. Soothing to my sensitive skin. I really enjoyed this cream. I find it mixes superbly with my Cover FX drops to create a foundation similar to (but not quite as good) my NARS tinted moisturizer. This is how I will probably finish the tube. I have other moisturizers which are more effective and/or better value. However, this is a solid contender. I also found the packaging of these products to be pretty good as well. Great to keep air and muck out, but don't be too zealous squeezing tube or you will have a mess whenever you remove the cap.

on 6/23/2012 8:56:00 PM

After I used the Regenerating Day Cream and the Regenerating Neck and Dcollet Cream, because I was short with money, I bought the Quince Day Cream (which was half the price) in hope that it will be similar. Not even close.
I am not saying it is not a good product, simply it was not for me. Maybe for young girls with mixes skin.

on 11/30/2011 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Still on the hunt for a replacement for my (out of stock? being reformulated? discontinued?) Aveda moisturizer, and this is one of the ones that I tried. Purchased in a sample box of Dr. Hauschka products for normal to dry, sensitive skin.

The good:
I didn't have any untoward reactions to it during my roughly 2-week trial period, which is unusual for me.
It smells great. I love the smell of many German and European cosmetics, and this is no exception -- a lovely, organic-smelling, mild citrus.
The texture is nice, light and non-greasy.
I can't remember what the full-size package was like, but I love the hygienic, utilitarian, unfussy paint-style tube the sample's packed in.
The meh:
It doesn't really do anything for my skin at all. The "moisturizing" qualities are mediocre at best, and don't last, and it certainly does nothing against the increasing dryness of early winter, or my incipient age lines.
The verdict:
An inoffensive entrant, but certainly not worth buying again.

on 6/28/2010 2:05:00 PM

This cream smells terrible (sort of lemon and it is very persistent) and it does not do anything to moisturise my skin. Pretty inoffensive and not effective. The packaging is handy for travelling purposes, but the product is really not doing anything for me. Why do they put this rubbish on the market?

on 1/2/2010 10:06:00 PM

I have sensitive/combination/oily skin and I thought this cream would work nicely, but it appeared to do nothing for my skin. My daughter, however, likes it and it looks wonderful on her normal/young face.

Pros: easily spread, scent is not too overpowering, works on protecting faces that are young and normal

Cons: not suitable for older/hard to diagnose skin.

Best to purchase a trial kit that has sample sizes of their products to get a feel for what works with your skintype.

on 9/29/2009 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Started using this product last week as I needed a basic natural, organic moisturizer. I have mild sensitivity on my face with the beginings of rosacea on my cheeks. My t zone is oily, oily, oily so I need to be pretty careful about the products I use. Dr H Rythmatic Conditioner Sensitive really works for my rosacea clams it down straight away, I use a pea sized amount straight after cleansing at night. I don't know yet how well this moisturizer will suit my skin but the previous comments from other users about a glowing effect and a natural moist dewy skin do really seem to be true and no oily t zone! Will wait a few months to see the lasting effect before making a final judgement but so far v v happy.

on 10/5/2007 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Great moisturizer for my dry/combo and sensitive skin! I use it in various ways: either on top of my Rose cream before putting my Alima foundation on, or I warm a tiny amount between my fingers and pat it over my foundation to give me a glowy and dewy look. This hasn't made me break out and I like the smell. I never use it alone though, simply because I prefer to use the Rose cream daily (it calms my broken capillaries so well). Since I started my Dr. H regimen my skin has improved tremendously! Less breakouts, less flakies, less visible pores. But the greatest thing of all, my face has gone from very ruddy to calm and pale, even after a hot shower. No other skincare has done that so well before.

on 6/8/2007 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Great moisturizer that is gentle enough to use even when I have out breaks of perioral dermatitis. Have super reactive allergic to everything skin and Quince cream does not bother me at all. Light going on and keeps my skin hydrated all day. Metal tube can be a pain for travel but you do not need a lot so tube lasts a while. Quince cream is one of the items that comes in the Dr. Hauschka "Daily Face Care Kit" so you can try it and other Dr. H. products out for about $20.

on 6/19/2006 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Aged 37 I'm just converting to the Dr Hauschka range after trying out pretty much everyone else's, and I'm also coming round to the idea that I want to use more natural products. I tried the Rose Day Cream first as I do have quite dry skin that's had a fair amount of sun exposure over the years. I loved the smell of it but it was just a little too heavy for me so I've moved over to Qunce Day Cream which is just perfect. The more citrus smell already feels a little lighter on my skin and I feel less like I'm covered in ointment. You only need a tiny amount, warmed in the palm of your hand and spread into a thin veil over the skin and it's so great on my face, I only need a light brush of powder over the top and I'm ready to go! I would highly recommend this product, and it comes in a hygienic tube so you don't go sticking your finger and nails in it everyday.
Tip: While Dr Haushka is not really that expensive compared to many other ranges, I would recommend buying on eBay direct from Germany cos you can save !!! The instructions come in German/Italian, but you can check the English ones on www.drhauschka.co.uk

on 6/12/2006 9:27:00 PM

I love this cream. It's not too heavy and not too light. Smells great and does not cause breakouts. I only use in the morning after cleansing. I feel like my skin can breathe and i have beautiful tone and color to my complexion without any makeup.

Popular Moisturizers