Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.2

on 6/13/2018 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

It’s a little over hyped in my opinion. The color range is great! I don’t necessarily like the formula. It’s not really matte to me.

Final verdict : too matte I like dewy but lasts forever. Looks great. Coverage is super but feels heavy on the face. I moisturizer well before and used the Fenty primer sample that came with it. For dry skinned girls it would be too matte. If I were going somewhere for an hour or two I would wear this but all day I feel gross. Look good but feel it on my face. I would buy this as it does perform better than the urban decay and Laura mercier samples I got in the Sephora foundation sampler.

on 6/6/2018 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation I have very oily skin if I don’t powder properly I will still get oily and crease with foundation the packaging is so nice and it has very good coverage and is buildable I do suggest picking a shade or two lighter than ur actual shade cause it does oxidize abit

on 6/6/2018 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is a decent foundation. Normally I have very dry skin and a matte foundation would never work for me. My skin has been improving and now leans more towards the combintion type, so i thought I would give this a shot.

Pros: excellent shade range. I chose shade 140 and it matches my skin perfectly. I find the coverage to be buildable and I am happy with it. I apply it with a round face brush and that seems to work well. It does dry quickly, but overall I find it soaks onto my skin fairly well.

Cons: can get Cakey around mouth area, requires a good skincare routine for dry skin types, is always sold out.

I really need to make sure my skin is properly hydrated before applying, and even still it can become cakey in certain spots. It does hold up well throughout the day, and even after a night out dancing it still looked decently okay. It’s definitly not the worst foundation I have used, but my shade is often sold out and I’m not really sure it’s worth all the hype. I’m not sure I’d go out of my way to get it again.

on 6/3/2018 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have to admit that I was very leery of this foundation after reading all of the drastically mixed reviews! I went ahead and took the plunge. The shade range is amazing! Having been told that it will darken a bit after setting, I got the 180Warm which is a good match for my NC20-25 skin. It’s a tad light as I’m using self tanner now, but I just add bronzer to my cheeks and it looks fine. I think the reason some women are not liking this is because it’s really made for super oily skins like mine. It leaves a dry, matte, poreless finish and dries quickly. I couldn’t imagine it working for dry or even combo skin. If you’re even just a little dry, steer clear!! Usually my foundation has slid off my face by the 4 hr mark. Not this one. I use it with her amazing primer which too, I think is made for oily skin. I have to say that so far, I like this foundation a lot and hope it doesn’t break me out. This and Bobbi’s Weightless are my 2 go to’s at this time. Will update..

Used bobbi Brown full coverage buff brush to buff the fenty primer, this in shade 300 then hourglass veil powder, at 8pm. Went for dinner. Midnight I look in mirror I'm a different colour and so oily, coming off my nose and cheeks, I give it a little wipe and all came off. Will try again with beauty blender, Clinique translucent powder (best one I've tried) with cover fx setting spray and try again. I specifically asked the Fenty artist to not go too yellow as I hate looking yellow (why are girls obsessed with looking jaundice) and I'm so yellow. Will fake tan heavily and wear it out Saturday night.

on 6/1/2018 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was honestly so excited to use this! However, I'm not really impressed with this product. You have to put good moisturizer and/or primer to make this look natural. If not, it looks cakey. I don't find this to be full coverage at all. It is buildable, but I don't find it lightweight. I'm also oily. My nose and my t zone gets oily so the foundation starts rubbing off. I think it's good as a light-medium foundation. However, I don't think I will be repurchasing this product.

on 5/31/2018 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

It was easy to find exactly the shade of my skin. Was very surprised how I could cover any imperfection. Overall i was impressed.

on 5/25/2018 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Foundation pros - excellent colour match, looks good when first applied. Decent coverage

Cons- no lasting power! For a foundation that claims it is long wearing, the wear is abysmal. It breaks up all over my face and gets patchy by the 2nd hour of wear. Setting spray or primers don't help much. So disappointed. Despite the colour match being good, later in the day I look orange. No bueno. Sorry Riri, there are loads of DS foundations that perform better than this.

on 5/26/2018 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Been using this product for a couple of months now. Slightly skeptical at the beginning because I always thought products by celebrities will never be as good as the brands that have been in the market for a long time. However, this foundation did not disappoint.

My skin is really oily, like I have to use maybe 2 to 3 pieces of blotting paper to fully rid the oil off my face. I was using Estee Lauder's double wear foundation before this, and that foundation did control the oil. My face will still look glowy due to the oil (but not too oily). However, that product was too difficult to blend as it dries up very quickly, and sometimes my skin will look patchy especially at the nose area. I hated the packaging as well as it did not come with a pump, so I'll pour it on the back of my hand which causes it to dry up WAY TOO QUICKLY. Having changed to Fenty Beauty, this product does way better than Estee Lauder. It's easy to blend and the shade selection is better. I feel that it does make my skin appear less oily throughout the day, but could still improve. It is not tacky as well!

As a Singaporean, the weather here is insanely hot and the Fenty Beauty foundation will still allow oil to come through, just that you'll look slightly glowy as the day goes by. However, I've been receiving compliments from people saying that my skin looks really perfect and flawless. I personally use this product with Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturizing gel, Rimmel wake me up concealer and Rimmel stay matte powder and finish it off with UD's setting spray. I find that this combination of products gave me the best results for oily skin.

All in all, for people with oily skin, do give it a shot as I personally feel that it is even better than Estee Lauder's double wear foundation, which has been highly raved by youtubers. Good luck!