Morphe The Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette

Morphe The Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette

4.1

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Dimethicone, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Capryl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Isononyl Isononanoate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Nylon-12, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Hydrated Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77289), Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), FD

on 11/4/2018 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this palette.
Usually I stay away from large palettes but this one is a keeper.There is a nice variety of shades to choose from but It's definitely more on the warm neutrals side . Most of the shadows are pigmented and easy to blend. The shimmers are really good. I had no issues with them whether I used brushes or my fingers. Some of the mattes are chalky and a bit powdery but nothing dramatic. This is the only Morphe product I own so I can't compare to their other palettes.
My biggest complaint about this product is the lack of mirror. For the price, they should definitely include a mirror. Also the white cardboard packaging can get dirty but I don't mind. I would add that some of the shades are too close, almost identical on the lids. That seems to be a recurrent issue with Morphe.
Overall solid product. I bought it with a discount so it's definitely money well spent.

on 10/28/2018 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Pros
- 35 shades. Good color selection. They wear well.I wish more palettes would offer so many shades
- The blue/aqua hues are gorgeous. I wish more palettes had these adventurous colors.

Cons
- Quality. Something irritated my eyes the first time I wore this. My eyes were red for like 24 hours after I removed the makeup. I've never experienced anything like it with any other brand/product for the eye area. Has anyone else had this happen?
- Jaclyn Hill's reputation. Watch those YouTube documentaries.

I’ve always been a makeup lover. Sat out on purchasing this for over a year, and not really sure why. I’ve owned a lot of eyeshadow palettes from a variety of brands over the years, and this one has become a standard.

PROS: comparable palettes can be upwards of $49, for $38 I feel it’s a fair price for the number of shades you get. Sooo many looks can be created from this, there’s a big range of color stories to choose from. I would recommend this to a beginner or to someone who doesn’t necessarily own a lot of palettes.

CONS: I wish there were a more broad range of matte shades and not just a bunch of browns/neutrals that are only slightly different from one another. I also found some of the foiled shades difficult to blend out, but I was able to after like 30 minutes. This palette is not ideal for someone who travels a lot, it’s not exactly small. It would’ve been nice of JH/morphe to include shade names on them, and a mirror. Lastly, the outer packaging is white so it gets dirty very easily. If you’re someone who cares about that, just something to be aware of.

Overall I’m satisfied with it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

in looooooveeeeeeee with this palette, so versatile, the only 2 shades that im not happy with is the shimmery purple and royal blue (ew)

on 9/14/2018 11:28:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This palette is a great value. The eyeshadows blend nicely and it has a good color story. I could have done without the blues and greens but it's fine. If you are not a makeup junkie like me this palette could be a staple.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was very excited to buy this palette, in spite of the iffy things I had heard about Morphe, but I ended up being very disappointed with it. I took it back to Ulta and got the ABH Norvina palette instead, which is a 10000% better purchase for me. The color scheme of this palette is gorgeous, and in the pan everything looks really nice. I can look at this palette and think of a fair number of looks to come up with, even with the fact that they're laid out from lightest to darkest. The mattes swatched pretty nicely, and they seemed to be pretty high-quality. It was the shimmers--the thing that sold me on this palette in the first place--that were weird and gross to me. They had a decidedly waxy/sticky texture when I touched them, and it seemed to go all the way through. When I took the one I got online back into Ulta, I thought it might have been a fluke since I never heard anyone say anything weird about the texture of the shimmers in this palette. I tried their tester, and it was the same thing. Maybe I was being overly sensitive, but it did not feel like a product I wanted to put on or near my eyes. Every single one of the shimmer shadows I swatched in both the palette I received from Ulta.com and the one I swatched in Ulta felt this way. I assume that it is something in these shadows that makes them pack on more pigment or something, because they did *look* nice swatched, but again, I did not want to put something that felt unlike any pressed shadow I have ever tried (in a bad way) onto my face.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette SO much! It’s super versatile and has so many amazing color combinations. Colours are very pigmented and easy to blend. Definitely worth the price. Packaging is very nice, however I’m not a huge fan of the white finish, gets dirty super quickly but otherwise this palette is the bomb dot comb!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Beautiful, pigmented shades that compliment eachother perfectly and blend very well.

on 5/18/2018 11:30:00 PM

To make a long story short, I'm not sure if the palette I received from Ulta is a dud or if that is the quality of the Jaclyn Hill palette itself.
Pros: The wide array of color selection gives the user many options for different eye looks. I like that there are a lot of mattes and a different variety of finishes so that it makes it very easy to create a full look.
Cons: Where do I start here? The biggest issue I have with this palette is that the blendablity and pigmentation of this palette leaves much to be desired. The lighter matte shades in the top row have almost no color pay off and I find that all the mattes in general tend to go on the eye patchy and are difficult to blend out. As far as the shimmers go, the pigment is seriously lacking and I found myself having to dig into the eye shadow pan and build it up several times to get the smallest amount of pigment off of it.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this palette because I think you can get palettes of much better quality for your money. I gave this palette 3 stars because it is a very average "okay" but not fantastic product.

on 5/12/2018 5:49:00 PM

I was finally able to snag this palette at Ulta when I was visiting Seattle last weekend!!! I didn't even know Ulta carried Morphe / Colourpop let alone collab products (thought they were exclusively online only)!!!!

I do find this palette pretty expensive for being a Morphe palette considering their other palettes are $23, this one is $38. I know Jaclyn said the e/s in her palette have differently formulas which is true.... coz there are a lot of inconsistency in the colors LOL I am happy that Jaclyn did include pops of colors in this palette and didn't keep them all neutrals. I do however, wish that where the pans were, the material was "glossy" so that it would be easier to clean. it's just paper and when fall out gets on there, trying to wipe it off doesn't work and it just smears everywhere and it looks like a hot mess.

Some of the colors are extremely pigmented and apply very nicely and blend out beautifully. Other colors aren't as pigmented and I need to keep dipping my brush in repeatedly to get more color. Perhaps I'll try using my fingers next time (although using my fingers isn't my preferred method of application when working with powder e/s).

All in all, You can definitely create a full eye look with it but I prefer the Carli Bybel one. Also, i find that the quality of e/s in the CB palette is far superior (without any "misses") than this Jaclyn one and the CB one is significantly cheaper as well.