Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.5

on 12/13/2017 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Have had mild rosacea since I cld remember. Bought it via Hush app after reading reviews here and over at SkincareAddiction thread in Reddit. As soon as the product arrived, I eagerly dabbed it into my cheeks, nose, and chin. A few hours later, the redness actually went away. I would say about 80 percent gone. So grateful I found this info from you all! Yes it stings or burns a bit but it goes away after a few minutes. A must for those who struggle with mild rosacea!

on 11/18/2017 12:57:00 AM

Straight to the point and utterly effective. Use it only at night, every night, mixed with a richer moisturizer and it works wonders to refine and brighten. Cannot be used around eyes as it dries out too much.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Made me itchy and stung. Also caused breakout all over my face about four days after using, as well as sore under-the-skin spots, which I never get. Sadly no instant redness relief for me.

on 11/17/2017 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Sadly, this didn't do anything for my skin. I've given it a few go a few times, but never stuck with it long-term since I see no improvement of my skin whatsoever. I used and adored the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (EU version without benzoyl peroxide) for several years, but wanted to replace it with a cruelty free product. Sadly, this wasn't it. I actually bought it on the recommendation of Wayne Goss (the first time I heard about this company, before it exploded all over social media/youtube in particular), and needless to say I had high expectations. I'm acne prone and extremely prone to closed comedones, and this product didn't improve my skin texture in the slightest. If anything the silicone-y texture feels like it may be clogging in and of itself. I already smother my skin with silicone primers during the day, I'd rather not do the same during the night, to be honest.

On the flip side - when the price is this low, you can afford to take a gamble and lose. If this works for you, then I can only congratulate you, because what a bargain.

Does not clog my pores. I see a slight differance in my redness. On my third tube. Hoping to see more results.

I'm completely in love with The Ordinary products and this is the only product I've tried so far from this range that I'm not completely mad about. I use it for my hormonal acne breakouts, redness and acne marks (not scars, just colored spots) and it's ok but not amazing. I've had better results with Salicylic Acid, Niaminacide & Zinc and Retinoids.

This clears up my skin texture nicely a bit but not as a treatment, more like a maintenance product. Also, I don't really like the silicone- formulation... it tends to bundle and gather if you layer another product on top of it. Would not buy again, really.

on 10/16/2017 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried using this product for a week or so. In the past I have used prescription Azelaic Acid products with great success.

The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension did not work for me and might have even causes more harm than good. It might be the silicones, or the fact that it's only 10%, I'm not sure. I cannot tolerate any type of fragrance and perhaps there is some in this product.

I'm trying another otc acid now to see if it works.

on 10/25/2017 11:42:00 AM

I have sensitive skin with rosacea on my cheeks. I’ve never had clearer skin. I would recommend this product to anyone with problem skin. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have light skin (approx NW20) prone to redness especially on chin and cheeks. This just really dried out my oily/combo skin - made it flaky and rough after first use. It also smells strongly of plastic and sure didn't seem that the tube was full?? As with the other The Ordinary products I tried it wasn't worth to return so I tossed. I tried! I was excited about a lower cost line but so far only 1 of 4 products have worked for me :(

on 10/25/2017 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

this product is magic in a tube. it reduces the redness around my nose, and also helps to heal my POD. i was prescribed a topical steroid cream for the redness on my face several months ago, and when i stopped using that cream, my skin developed perioral dermatitis the next day. i did a little research online and found that azelaic acid can be used to treat rosacea and acne by killing bacteria, so i decided to buy this product aaaand i'm glad i did, i've been using it twice a day for a whole week and the redness is almost gone. it also improves my skin texture, a lot. i have no problem with the formula, it glides smoothly and sits perfectly still under my foundation and face oil, it doesn't pill or clog my pores despite the silicone in it. the only thing that i kinda dislike is the tube, it's too big for the amount of product in it, i have to squish the tube really hard to dispense the product.