Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.5

on 6/15/2018 10:31:00 AM

At the end of the day, this is my go-to palette. You can create basic looks or something more dramatic. There are a lot of neutrals/browns so you have to like that sort of look to get your money's worth. Some beautiful shimmery lid shades. I also love the pink and purple colours to mix things up when I'm in the mood. Has a nice mirror, good packaging, and smells like chocolate (which everyone knows). It just makes me happy looking at this palette! I will be going on vacation for 2 weeks and this will be the only palette I bring as its so versatile. Definitely recommend and would repurchase.

I got this back in the day when this was new and hyped and everyone kept talking about it. It was one of my very first eye pallettes ever so my expectations weren't as high as they are now as I didn't have much comparison. I kept using it, the packaging was cute and it smelled nice. But when buying the eye pallette you expect shadows to be good and there are pretty meh. To tell the truth I haven't had much luck with Too Faced products overall, I think apart from the super lovely packaging they are pretty overpriced and overhyped for what they are. The shadows in the pallette don't blend nicely and don't have a staying power, also the pigmentaion is really not that good and there's much fallout. I am not impressed with this one and I gave it away.

on 5/31/2018 12:20:00 PM

Colors are wearable, warm neutrals and for the price there is a decent amount of product and shade selection. Unfortunately *I* am allergic to this shadow. Understandably ymmv but I don't know why fragrance (as in parfum/artificial) is added to an eye product when the eyes are so sensitive and eyelid skin is so thin and delicate. TF has revamped their line where basically ALL of their shadows are now artificially scented and now they're basically dead to me as a brand bc of this. Even the 9 pans are revamped now w added fragrance. I feel like they isolated a huge market that wants their makeup to just be high performing makeup, not a kitschy looking collectors piece that smells like ice cream.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Forever my favorite eye shadow palette!! The formula is amazing and all of the shadows preform nicely. The colors are beautiful and practically glide onto the eyes and there are no blending issues whatsoever. All of the colors work well together and are very pigmented. This product retails for $49 but is worth the buy! I have green eyes and this palette really makes them pop. Hands down the best Too Faced product that you could purchase! Worth the hype!

on 4/9/2018 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This palette is so good, I like it because it has some fun colors mixed with neutrals and it's perfect for begginers or people who love warm-neautral eyeshadows. Every color in this palette blends flawless, it smells delicious,
There are only 2 things that I don't like so much but I don't care:
The brown satin shades are almost the same and the purple shade is imposible to work with.
I love it and I will buy it again <3

on 3/11/2018 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE this palette. In OG chocolate bars, I am semi sweet, this, and bon bons. This creates great work looks, neutral eyes, and just basic eye looks. It's perfect. The formula is soft and creamy, it doesn't fade, and you just can't go wrong. Definitely one of my top 5 and I have 20+ palettes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just purchased this week and was disappointed to note that the chocolate scent is faint as ever.

This really is a brown-lover's palette. So many variations of brown shades. It's not a bad thing if you like that. I love that they have large pans for the all over lid shades. Quality is good! Candied Violet sucks but I didn't buy the palette for that shade anyways. I think it's a good neutral palette, great for beginners or those who really suck at makeup haha.

on 2/11/2018 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Price-$49.00- purchased at Sephora- Will not repurchase

Honestly, this palette never wowed me when I first got it and my opinion never changed. It mostly just sits in the drawer now. I wonder how well this would have sold if it didn’t smell like chocolate and didn’t have gimmicky packaging. I think it is overpriced too. I just expected more. I do like that the names are on the shadows in the palette and it does have a nice mirror and the palette itself is sturdy.

There are some pretty shimmers in the palette but they are dry, not that impressive and don’t stay on long. I don’t like glitter and 4 of them have glitter. The shimmers are not as pigmented as the mattes but I don't care too much for the mattes in the palette either, some feel chalky to me. I have a difficult time getting some of these shades to blend and when blended they just look muddy. I feel like there is not enough color pay off and pigment for the price of this palette. Some days I love the smell of the chocolate and other days I find it nauseating. White chocolate and salted caramel are almost gone, the other colors I just never use that much. It is just underwhelming to me, the colors, the pigment, ease of blending, end result…. Just doesn’t work for me. Some days I use some of the mattes by themselves with a dab of a darker color on the outer corner. I’ve given up trying to blend several colors to create a look I love. I’m not sure I will use this after white chocolate and salted caramel are gone. I will probably give it to one of my nieces.

Shades include:(from Ulta website)

Matte (6):
• Milk Chocolate (muted brown matte)
• White Chocolate (creamy beige matte)
• Triple Fudge (deep grey brown)
• Salted Caramel (soft fawn matte)
• Semi-Sweet (medium brown matte)
• Strawberry Bon Bon (soft pale pink matte)

Matte with Fine Glitter (3):
• Gilded Ganche (dark espresso with gold sparkle)
• Black Forest Truffle (plum chocolate with golden sparkle)
• Cherry Cordial (deep plum brown with purple sparkle)

Pearl with Fine Glitter (1):
• Candied Violet (deep plum brown with purple sparkle)

Metallic (6):
• Marzipan (rose gold pearl)
• Amaretto (deep pinky bronze)
• Hazlenut (deep pinky bronze)
• Creme Brulee (antique gold peal)
• Haute Chocolate (medium bronze brown)
• Champagne Truffle (ballet slipper pink pearl)

Really good staple palette. Works on all skin tones and has a good range of basic shades with a creamy formula. And they last forever. I wish the matte pink shade was a little better, but the rest of the palette compensates for sure.

on 10/18/2017 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought it because I've wanted it forever. I tried to swatch all the colors and a lot of them swatch bad (chalky and bad pigmentation) even if I use a base. I am just disappointed. I also have makeup geek eyeshadows (my first high end purchase) which swatch and apply beautifully. It took me buying this to realize how good they are.

Popular Palettes