beautyblender Solid Cleanser

4.2

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Coconut acid, Titanium Dioxide, Palmitic Acid, fragrance, Sodium Chloride, tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder.

I have used the solid cleanser, the liquid cleanser, Zote soap, and regular bar soap to clean my BB. I used to think this was the greatest thing ever, but now...it's just overpriced lavender-scented soap. Zote soap and mini hotel soaps do just as good of a job of cleaning my BB, if not better. The price point is quite high...at $16. Youtubers rave about this soap, but it doesn't get everything out. For that price, I want it to be amazing. I am just going to use regular bar soap from now on. Another thing I hate is how the packaging requires you to sort of air dry the soap before closing. If you don't and the soap is wet, then it will be gross and slick. I think they should make the packaging slightly bigger and put holes in the casing for air-drying and easier on-the-go usage.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I decided to treat myself to one of these, and in all honesty, I should have stuck with what I had been using. With this, I find I have to swirl my beauty blender (the original $20.00 one) over-and-over-and-over again, and it still does not seem to get the beauty blender as clean as some other cleansers do. To me, a basic bar of Ivory soap works as well as this, if not better. But all in all I will stick with Ivory soap and/or other cleansers.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Oh my gosh, this reeks of lavender--not my favorite scent because it gives me awful headaches, but I tried the product out anyway. It made absolutely no difference in the way my brushes felt after cleansing (although it rinses easily--I tend to use too much soap when washing them), except for that persistent smell. The price is outrageous, and bar soaps (which is what this is) are prone to bacterial growth (especially when they remain damp in a container), so that's the third strike. I've been cleaning makeup brushes for more than three decades now with most of the recommended or popular cleansers, and have come to the conclusion that as long as you wash and rinse thoroughly and air-dry the brushes fully, it doesn't much matter what you use. Cheap or expensive, natural- or synthetic-fiber brushes--clean is clean. I use clear dishwashing soap on brushes I use with liquid products (it gets every trace of even long-wearing foundation out) and unscented hand soap (Seventh Generation) on all the others. They come out great. If a brush feels rough after several washings, I massage a drop of hair conditioner (I've used many and find that it doesn't matter which as long as you use just a little) through it after washing and rinse thoroughly. Voila! The brush is like new. Please forgive my rant, but I hate to see companies rip off consumers with products like this. BTW, I clean my BeautyBlender with dishwashing soap and it comes out clean and soft. I suppose you've guessed, if you've read all this (and thank you for sticking it out), that I won't repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a fair-sized sample of this with a recent Sephora order, so I figured I'd use it to clean my orange Ulta knockoff of the Beautyblender. I will say that it cleaned the sponge just fine...which is what soap should do! I think it has a nice scent, lavender mixed with a bit of aloe vera, but it might be too strong for some. I wouldn't pay full price for this, but I'm happy to use up the sample. Shrug.

It's a solid (pun) product. However, I found that the hand soap I use works just as well so... I don't think I will be repurchasing this only because the soap I used in its place (I do use quality hand soap though) is more affordable and accessible. I will use up what I have though. It's a decent enough product. Just nothing special IMO

It is just "fine". And for the price, I'd rather buy just baby shampoo to clean my beauty blender and brushes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product does a great job of getting your makeup brushes clean. And when it comes time to rinse, this does not bleed suds forever like baby shampoo does. But the price is.....ridiculous. But i went to Michael's and discovered The Master's Brush Cleaner and Preserver.......it works just as well as this beautyblender solid. The same effective cleansing and easy rinsing. But The Master's smells better, and 2.5 oz retails for about $10. So no i would not repurchase this product having discovered a better, cheaper dupe!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This does a good job of removing makeup from sponge blenders. I've tried it with my makeup brushes and it wasn't as effective as baby shampoo and olive oil. After I've tried this, I also tried to wash my blenders with regular glycerin soap and it was just as good if not better. The packaging is cute though.

I like this product, as it is convenient and less scented than the Cinema Secrets spray. I think this solid bar is good for a basic clean but I use it in combination with an oil/soap mixture for a better deep clean for my kabuki brush and eye shadow brushes.

I got this when I bought my beauty blender for me personally I'd rather use a big bar of Zote A Mexican bar soap it's pink it will cost you a dollar and last you almost a year I clean all my brushes with that product this one to me is overpriced so basically you're just paying too much to get your brushes or your sponges clean js

Popular Misc Beauty Tools