Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.7

on 11/13/2017 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff so much. Have been looking for a new (for me) perfume to replace my coco mademoiselle because I was just looking for a change. Took years and now I'm set. Wears all day and is good for day or night.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE realize how horrible this fragrance smells to those around you. I'm not sure if there is "anosmia," or lack of smell to a certain chemical after exposure, but this perfume is so popular. As a registered nurse who sees 10 patients a day, I can tell you that when women come in with this one on, I almost have to put a mask on.

It is the overuse of an aromachemical that I am imagining Lancôme uses as a "blackcurrant" note; a bitter, somewhat herbal topnote that never goes away with this fragrance. To those around you, this note smells like insecticide. Since your nose is blind to this note, you spray on more, thinking you smell pretty and sweet. Please take my advice and make sure this perfume is discontinued quickly so that no one ever has to smell it again. I'm that serious.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

While trying the sample I thought it smelled sweet, a little bit too sweet but then I thought that strong sweet scent is youthful and suits winter time well...boy was I wrong!!!!
I'm not a fragrance expert so I'm not sure which ingredient is responsible, apparently it's patchouli but after an hour in my work place I noticed that I'm starting to smell like those heavy smokers who smoke a full pack in their car with windows all up! The sweet smell was totally vaporized and all that had remained was this terrible cigarette stink. Worse is that it lasted all the day long and had I not washed my clothes the same day I'm sure they'd keep stinking like that.
When I read others' reviews I found out that there's many people with this problem advising to avoid going under sunlight, warm places or crowds wearing this but considering it's a winter perfume and unless you decide to stay outdoor all day alone, you can't wear it at all. Because there's always some sort of heating system indoor or there's party with lots of people etc...
This was one expensive purchase I seriously regret. Wouldn't buy this or anything with patchouli ever again.

on 8/29/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

If you love this scent or sweet patchouli based fragrances, this is a great purchase. It lasts FOREVER and it's super strong. Even when I just put a little drop on my wrist and neck, I could smell this all around me, all day. I'm assuming others could as well, so that's something to consider. This could be easily overdone, so I would build up depending on your taste and avoid spraying on clothes.

For me personally, this made it quite cloying and I got tired of it. It has a super sweet, synthetic smell. I was hoping the patchouli would make it more natural, but this is definitely a perfume vs. a skin scent. Also - A LOT of people wear this as their signature scent.

I see this as a party, wedding or bedtime fragrance vs. an everyday office scent where you might offend some coworkers if you overdo it. Overall, a beautiful, high quality scent, but try to take it for a test drive to see how it wears on you!

on 10/23/2017 6:58:00 AM

I’ve tried this several times since I keep getting samples. If you’re sensitive to patchouli you won’t like this. I don’t think this is as universally appealing because of that patchouli.

It does last and packaging is nice.

Love it ! Nice for young ladies

on 7/24/2017 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Light & elegant? More like: Strong & Sweet sweet Candy Bubblegum Playschool, like scented eraser or dough etc Cheep celeb fragrance Disney Sweet drinks and I'm not talking about sweet wine, I'm going with undiluted & extremely sweet & cheap cordial drink It's strong too :/ Best for 16 & belows and 70 & aboves is a better description. This isn't light and

LVEB is to the 2010s what Coco Mademoiselle was to the 2000s and what Angel was to the 1990s: a high-quality, impeccably crafted sweetchouli that you smell everywhere, that is the ambient noise behind every high-end cosmetics counter... but that you grudgingly admit to be very nice. It's more wearable for me than either Coco Mad or Angel-- which is likely because it sat in focus groups for a long time getting cleansed of any hint of filth or controversy.

I wear and enjoy LVEB without expecting it to be other than what it is. If you poured into a cauldron Pink Sugar, Euphoria, Fantasy, Flowerbomb, Prada Candy, and every iteration of Marc Jacobs and Juicy Couture over the past 10 years, and added a touch of the required Lancome maturity so that the scent could be convingly worn by those >35, you'd have LVEB. It is sweet but not silly, grounded quite well by the iris and patchouli, and it projects for hours and miles so you get your money's worth. It just plain smells good. Great, even. My family far prefers smelling this on me than some of my beloved vintage stinkers (which makes me sad because they don't share my elevated tastes).The praline and blackcurrant are delicious, the patchouli is just-enough, the florals make this clean instead of sticky. It's full-bottle worthy to me, if only because I subjectively prefer it to the many other scents in this category that smell quite similar to it. Sometimes you just want to smell non-controversially "nice" and this one fills that bill.

on 4/13/2017 6:59:00 PM

I usually stick to reviews for make-up/haircare/skin care products, but this perfume deserves some praise. I'm normally a body spray/smelly lotion type of girl, and not one to wear a really strong scent...This smells amazing, it's sweet and has a vanilla tone, and reminds me of cotton candy..I received a sample, and immediately purchased a full size bottle, that's how much I love it.

This perfume blew me away. Really. I'm completely in love with it. I can't get enough of it. It gets a lot of hate online but I think that's just because it's so popular. Some people just like to be different. Personally I don't care if it's popular, sure isn't it lovely to smell a beautiful perfume on someone else. It's lovely for any age group. I don't believe in a perfume being too old or too young for you(utter nonsense) Also wear it in any season you like, it's a stunning classy scent for any time of year and any occasion. ❤

Popular Fragrances