Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

3.6

Not tested on animals

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have pretty normal skin and this just looked like an oilly mess on my face after about 3 hours! The coverage is light to medium and it would've been perfect for days when I wanted a lighter makeup day however the oil slick is a no no.

This stuff is perfect well worth the bucks. Not only did it last through the day, my skin didn’t feel dirty, sticky and uncomfortable unlike after applying normal B.B. cream and foundation. I set it with a mineral powder and it stayed on everywhere but my chin, which is understandable because I suffer rosacea and hormonal acne there. I struggle to keep makeup on my face and it’s hard to run to the toilet at work every hour to top up and conceal all my blemishes. Until I bought this, life changed.
Not incredibly keen on the bottle but could be worse, at least it is light weight and easy to carry in your bag or keep in your car.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm 53 with a true olive undertone (Japanese mix) and very hard to match. My skin was very oily but has become more "normal" with age. I have some redness showing up on my cheeks from broken capillaries/dark circles under my eye and I needed more coverage than the Pressed powder (Jane Iredale, golden glow) could offer. LOVED the powder but needed more coverage. I would say that this might not be a good match for someone with oily skin, it's very moisturizing. Probably would slide off and gather in places. Normal to dry skin would be a better fit. I detect no odor at all. It has great coverage and does oxidizes very natural, unlike a mask. Gives a kind of dewy look on the skin. Applying can be troublesome since it's very thick and hard to spread with brush or hands. I suggest applying very soon after putting on your moisturizer to help spread out evenly. But once it has some time, it melts into your skin very nicely and looks natural. So far my skin seems to like it and I have no breakouts.

What I like: Yellow shades (Oxides into a true yellow and not peach color), Stuff does not move, stays on all day with or without a setting powder, smooth FULL coverage, gives a nice natural finish, not matte but not too shiny.

What I don't like: Really thick and dry, hard to smooth out with brush or fingers, kind of hard to remove but that's what you pay for long lasting foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like this BB cream. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than several other BB or CC creams I've tried.

Pros: I have sensitive skin that is easily irritated, but this doesn't break me out in a rash or make my face itchy or tight. If you have sensitive, reactive skin, give this a try. BB 3 is as close as I've found to a perfect match for my fair skin. I don't typically wear full makeup, so this is heavy coverage for me. It covers spots well and gives me a nice even skin tone. I get the most natural looking application when I blend with a brush. For me, it works nicely as an under-the-eye concealer as well.

Cons: It makes my laugh lines look more pronounced, but that's not a huge deal-breaker for me.

I tend to like slightly lighter coverage. So far, I like the finish of Nars tinted moisturizer (Finland) better, but the color match is a little better with the Jane Iredale BB cream.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i have caucasian skin that i suppose is olive with a warm undertone. In the winter I still look darker even though I am pale. Impossible to find shade that works for me. Why are Caucasian skin darker foundations damn orangey or damn chalky ? Becca Olive foundation while great coverage is so so chalky on Olive skin at least mine. Tooo light in color. I have been usng shade 9 BB cream for years and will never change. I have dry skin so the moisturizing cream texture makes application supereasy. No streaking and with primer Glow time stays presentable for eight hours. I have really dark circles and some discoloration and Glowtime covers them with a concealer under eyes after application. The shade itself is unique It looks darker in tube for some but on my face its perfect even in winter. No discoloration from neck I absolutely love this foundation it feels moisturizing on my skin and does not separate nor show pores. I do not need setting powder but I have started to use some just under eye area and around nose for winter paleness. Please if your skin tone sounds like mine dont let the shade itself make you run. The undertone leaves no orange and no gray its not warm its not red its kind of neutral but leaves a nice warm tone to skin. The overall effect is totally natural and not a matte finish. The finish is kind of dewy which is awesome.

I use this on the weekends. It can go on somewhat streaky if you don't moisturize and blend well. It's best to use this as "less is more" strategy and more like a robust tinted moisturizer, not as full foundation option. YOU NEED TO SET THIS WITH A POWDER. It does break down around the t-zone after 6 hours or so. But, if you want a softly tinted moisturizer to just keep it moving on a Saturday afternoon that won't break you out, it's great.

I used to really love this, and I think I'm not sure why. It doesn't have great coverage, you need to really load up to cover blemishes. It does tend toward shiny/oil by end of day, and it transfers to clothing or fingers if you touch your face in the day. But for some reason, I kept using it and still do. Now I just limit it to weekends b/c it's not going to give you the full face professional coverage I like for work.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this for the winter. It is very heavy, full coverage. I apply it with a damp sponge, often spritzing the product with extra water, and start out by dabbing all over my face and then blending blending blending. As others have noted, it is heavy coverage, a little goes a long way, so blending takes a little more doing than for other foundation. I believe that I am NC25/NC30 (Asian) though I haven't worn MAC in years. I wear Smashbox 15-hr in 2.1, LM in "Nude," Bare Minerals in "Fairly Light." For this foundation I wear BB6 and I love the way it looks; I am lucky in that a salon near me sells the product so I was able to have someone help me and pick out a color. I would never have picked out BB6 online. FWIW I love looking yellow. It evens me out, covers imperfections. When I've taken selfies my sisters have asked if I did "beauty mode." And then, as always, I finish with setting powder and the product stays on all day. I won't, however, wear this in the summer. I can't imagine having this level of coverage in the heat and humidity. The cons are as follows: it literally smells like wet paint when I first squeeze it onto my sponge, which I find alarming. Also, I wanted to try Jane Iredale because I wanted to switch to products with fewer "scary" ingredients. Without researching much and simply trusting the brand, I'm finding that was a mistake because this has a lot of silicone ingredients in it. But I love the coverage so much I will likely re-buy next winter.

Amazing. I'm nearly 30 and this makes me look 16 again. Lol but seriously this stuff is worth the price because it is so concentrated. I bet it would take me at least 6 months of daily use to get through the whole bottle. Absolutely full coverage, smoothing, hydrating, but not greasy. Impressive wear time for a BB cream. I even use it as a concealer for minor imperfections and under the eyes. For reference, I have stubborn combination skin that can be oily or dry depending on the climate.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my new HG foundation + sunscreen! So far my favorite has been Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation, but honestly VD is a little too drying. But JI Glow Time BB has as good of coverage + sun protection as VD but neither drying nor shiny/oily. It also has a better color match. Even the lightest shade "Opal" of VD was a little too dark/yellow/warm for me. Although I am Asian, since my skin is fair-light and cool undertoned, Glow Time "#3", which has a hint of pink, works a lot better for me. When it comes to coverage though, NOTHING outperforms VD. Period.

So I got a sample of this from a salon - it was the lightest shade, and ended up being too light for me, but the store was out of the next shade, bb 5, I think? I went back and got a sample of that one, and talk about weird. When first applied, it was beautiful. A good color match, lightly mattifying, great coverage, great under concealer and blush, and it felt good. But wow, none of that lasts very long. I only had about a nine hour day, and it was a patchy mess by the end of it, with some spots flaking off and others greasy and slick. I'm busy at work, and don't have much time for touch ups except lip products, so that doesn't work for me. The kicker, though, was washing it off to a good sized spot of raised, itchy skin on my cheek, and a new zit forming by the corner of my mouth - and I rarely break out, except occasionally along my jaw. I was hoping this product would work for me, because it has more coverage than the average bb cream and a high percentage of physical sunscreen. For a bb cream, it's very expensive at 48 bucks a tube. I won't be buying this, though.