La Roche-Posay Effaclar Toner Astringent Lotion

3.2

Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin,sodium Citrate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Citric Acid, Salicylic Acid, Fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this toner from La Roche Posay. It does have alcohol in it, but it doesn't dry out my skin. It has helped me with clearing up breakouts and overall just as a toner normally works for skin. My skin is really oily, which is the intended skin type (or skin with acne), so I didn't have any issues using this. The cap can break easily which is annoying.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have oily skin and i bought this to help with my acne scars and redness on cheeks. This dried my skin out entirely and i had white patches to deal with for a day. It stings a little when you apply it and it i got the tight stretched feeling very drying products give. Tried thrice with unfortunately the same result each time.
Too intense for me, will not purchase again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I accidentally put my review for this toner in the wrong place because the photo on that page was for Effaclar, even though the reviews were for the alcohol free, more gentle toner (which I also use but in winter). I use Effaclar in the warm, humid weather of Southern Ontario summers. It is so refreshing and cuts through grease and grime, making it really great to use for a quick clean up after a run or a day in a hot, stuffy classroom when my otherwise normal skin can turn into an oil slick. Packaging is "bare bones" and practical and the price is good too.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

very nice toner ..it leaves my skin very clear and refreshed !i have oily skin andbthe pores are looking smaller

Yes, this toner is an *astringent*, meaning it has a high alcohol content (#2 ingredient!). Yes, alcohol is not the best thing to put on your skin. However, I've realized that sometimes my skin *needs* an astringent. I've been in the midst of yet another breakout (food-and-product-related), and after switching up my cleanser (to Clinique Rinse Off which is awesome so far) and adding this astringent into my routine...my acne is clearing up *fast* (2 days to do what nature would only accomplish in 1-2 weeks). This smooths my skin, and tightens my pores ("gentle" or "alcohol-free" toners really just make my skin worse I've found, so in my day to day routine I usually don't use one). It also makes my skin kind of glowy (due to the LHA microexfoliant, I assume). It does dry my skin out though. I use a good moisturizer (Renewed Hope in a Jar - wonderful wonderful stuff) but I still find my oil production somewhat amped up with this, so I am planning to cut back to once per day once this breakout is cleared, and maybe just use it at night. I think it will do a good job at preventing breakouts that way. The bottle is just ok, with a flip top cap, but I wish they'd sell a version with one of those cool pumps that you press the cotton round on. I'm only on day 3 of using this so if things change, I'll update.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is much to harsh for my sensitive skin...it just makes my face red and sticky feeling. I would not recommend this product.

Made my skin really red, that's it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Okay so when I purchased this on a whim I went and started searching for the reviews, and on here I found it rated so poorly that I was reluctant to try it. However, I stifled the bad reviews and tried it anyways and I'm happy I did. As much as it may not work for other people's skin, this works beautifully for mine and has helped clear up my acne so much that it is almost non-existent. Very worthwhile product in my opinion and will certainly be repurchasing. If you have olive skin tone, oily, sensitive, acne prone skin then this just may be for you but I can understand how this may not be a product for everyone, especially dry skin beauties. :)

This is drying my skin so it is not for daily use. I use it twice a week and it is good for my acne-prone skin. After using this product only on my forehead and acne I use some good moisturizer. I have it for 5months and its on half bottle

Yeap, this lotion is astringent alright!! It dries the skin a lot and it makes it flake. It takes a little bit of redness when I have a pimple so I use it just on problem areas but I have to moisturise right after, otherwise the next day I have a dry patch that looks ugly. I think you need a very good moisturiser underneath foundation that doesn't accentuate the dryness . Luckily I do not use foundation so one less pain.