Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.7

100 silica

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Holy Grail face powder! This powder is so finely milled its amazing, and a little bit goes such a long way. When I use this I find my face looks and feels smoother, and it keeps my foundation looking like I just applied it by the end of the night. I really love that this product doesn't make my face look powdered or matte, it gives such a natural finish and doesn't transfer at all.
Another thing that really impressed me with this product is that it truly was translucent, and didn't change the colour of my foundation or concealer at all. It also looks great in photos, and didn't give any white-cast when flash was used.
I originally got this product as a sample and have since purchased it twice, I'd definitely recommend testing it out!

This is an OK finishing powder. It's the most finely milled one I've ever tried, so I'll give it that. But I find this super drying and it also brings out any fine lines and wrinkles on my face and makes it so they're very obvious. A better description might be that when I use this as a finishing powder, I look much, much older. However, you only have to use a little bit of this to set your makeup, so a little goes a long way. If you have very oily skin, this might be for you. If you have any dryness or combination skin, especially if you have any fine lines or wrinkles, stay away from this product. Also, if you are often in photos with flash, don't wear this. It has horrible flash back.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

There have to be better powders out there. It's fine, but...I'm holding out for something better. Why:

Bad:
This DEFINITELY breaks me out from time to time.
It does accentuate dry skin patches, so make sure you are gooood and moisturized.

The good:
It DOES WORK. I like to pat it into my lines and pores with my ring finger. They literally disappear -- especially my pores.

The whitish cast is real. I actually apply this under my makeup for that reason, to great effect.

This is fine, and I use it because A) I own it, and dammit, I'm gonna use it, and B) it gets the job done. But I think I may try IT Cosmetics next.

This stuff has turned out pretty awesome, but it took me a good while to perfect how I apply it, and which foundations it settles into best. Definitely would recommend for someone who has a lot of experience with make up! I normally will apply this with a soft brush to areas where I highlight my face ( undereyes, cheekbones, bridge of nose, ect) since my skin is more on the tan side. I put a very very light amount on the rest of my face so it doesn't look too powdery or washed out. This has lasted me a pretty long time! My advice would be to definitely play around with it, and use a light amount. If I don't find anything cheaper that as just as finely milled as this, I'd buy again, maybe the smaller container though.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

For my skin tone (nc30), I think this gives a slight whitish cast. And maybe it's good for occasions but not for everyday since it appears Cakey and makes it obvious that you have makeup on. Had a photo shop like effect (mattifies and blur out) so I am glad I got a sample size version only since I don't think I will use it often. And the packaging makes it hard to pick up product. Not recommended as a daily product or those who like a natural / dewy glow.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

For someone that has very oily skin, this is a HG!!

My skin starts to get oily less than half an hour after washing my face and shiny oily after an hour, but when I used this to set my makeup my face was matte for at least 3 hours + sweating!! I'm not sure if it would stay matte for longer than that as I used it when I was out at a party and I didn't stay long. It however still impressed me because I haven't found a product which kept my oily skin at bay for longer than half an hour. My face was very smooth as well when I used this.

However I didn't give a full 5/5 as I looked slightly pale in photos with this powder on, but it isn't too big of a problem for me.

Basically,
pros:
-keeps oily skin matte. highly recommended for people with oily skin
-makes skin velvety smooth
-product lasts long
-makeup stayed on well
-doesn't break me out
-doesn't feel heavy/make my skin look cakey
cons:
-slightly pricey
-gave a pale complexion

This is an absolute must have. I've had the same container (which is not cheap at all!) for about 4 years now and I don't think I'll run out for another year at least. It by no means makes me look totally matte all day but when I don't wear it, I am oily within 20 minutes. I blot every 2 or 3 hours and reapply this before going out at night with a big kabuki. It does the job and I'm sure if I used powder foundation instead of liquid, it would be almost perfect. Expensive, but worth it for the longevity. Great with the Mat Velvet foundation underneath, but I gave up on that one because of the price.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wear minimal makeup so use this primarily to set or when skipping foundation, to minimize any shine/dewiness around the T-zone from skincare or sunscreen. It's lightweight, translucent, non drying (I have dry skin) and gives a nice finish. Does a good job keeping the shine away for at least 8 hours. However I find Nars's loose powder does all that as well but with a nicer overall, diffused glow, i.e. not as flat as compared to MUFE.. And for days when skipping foundation, I actually prefer using Guerlain Meteorites, again because it's the end effect is less 'flat'. Come to think of it I get the most compliments when using Guerlain Meteorites or Hourglass Ambient Lighting (I use Radiant mostly and sometimes Diffused or Dim Light as I'm medium toned). So yes, while this is good, I wouldn't say it's the best, so I would probably not repurchase. You only need to use a small amount or a light hand so this product lasts forever (I'm getting bored already but alas I don't want to hoard).

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

My skin is combo, acne prone. I use this to set my makeup every single day. I have dark skin and yes, I only use this during the day because it will flashback at night :) It look amazing during the day and gives a natural, flawless. finish that is never cakey. At night I use my MUFE compact in Chocolate/218 to set my makeup.

My combo, textured skin does not like talc at all, and this is one of the very few high quality loose powders that is talc free and silica based. The finish is AMAZING, conceals pores, absorbs oil, sets makeup very well. It is gentle, not full of crazy ingredients and is just awesome. I prefer to apply it with a medium size fluffy brush. You can adjust though - a beauty blender or velour powder puff will apply it heavier for a SUPER matte finish that can last for 7+ hours.

I'm glad they made the container wider, but you get less product for more $$. However, it lasts a long time.

Just purchased my second container of this today (my last was bought in March 2016, so it lasts nearly a year). It is the most silky, flawless powder I have ever used. I don't use it to bake, only to set foundation (MUFE Ultra HD or Nars Sheer Glow). It truly prolongs the wear of my foundation and while this is expensive at $42 (in Canada), it is so worth it.