NYX Professional Makeup Luxurious Black Label Compact Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
No Image

4.5

on 8/18/2011 5:53:00 PM

I was pleasantly surprised with this product. First off the packaging is great! It's nice and sturdy and has a huge mirror inside which stands up. It comes with a sponge which also has it's own little compartment so this product is great for bringing with you for touchups (which is what I use this for). I used to bring along my Mac mineralize skin finish natural, but I would also have to bring a brush and a mirror so this helps to cut down what I bring with me in my purse. I wouldn't really use this as my main foundation, but it works well as a setting powder or just for touchups throughout the day. The powder is finely milled and soft to the touch and feels soft on your skin. It does provide decent coverage and helps to even out your skintone, but it's not gonna do much as to covering up blemishes or anything major for that matter. I grabbed this on a hautelook sale and I'm glad because this is rather expensive. I do like this product and the convenience of the packaging so I will most likely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I got this in Perfect beige (BLCP 12) and is a perfect match to my NC40 complexion. I really like this powder because it feels very light and it gives medium coverage. Very easy to blend, but the only two things that I did not like is that after a few hours you need a touch up and also the price, I wish it could be a little cheaper than $25. I found that this make up stays perfect if I wear my MAC blot pressed powder on top of it, anyways for oily skin like mine, blot powder is a necessity and a priority. And two cool things about this powder is that it does not contain mineral oil or beeswax.