NYX Professional Makeup Luxurious Black Label Compact Powder

No Image

4.3

on 6/23/2011 5:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a nice setting/touch up powder with a lovely scent. The packaging is also very nice, but that's about it for positives. I tried using it as a powder foundation and it doesn't cover anything! I was quite disappointed because the price is ridiculous for what it is! It's finely milled powder, but still....it's not worth $25. HauteLook had these on sale a while back for $5. It's really more worth that price. I currently use mine to set concealer before I apply my $1 ELF pressed powder, which has better coverage than this. Try this is you can find it cheap, but if you want to spend $25 on a pressed powder, try MAC, NARS, or another higher end brand. I think NYX forgets sometimes that they are drugstore products.

This has great coverage and feel to it. I did have some dry skin and it didn't help to moisturize it away but I should have exfoliated before I put my makeup on anyway. I wasn't hip to the lid of the compact at first but then it is useful and has a high clever factor. You won't regret buying this.

on 11/11/2010 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I recently discovered this product and am so amazed by it. The powder is finely milled and goes well over foundation or by itself. I apply by spraying a bit of my Mac fix spray on an elf powder brush then swirling the powder on my face. The packaging is to die for...mirror swivels and compact comes in black lacy reusable tie bag. Love this product...

on 4/9/2010 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I purchased this powder during the NYX $1 sale on their website. I'm a powder foundation junkie, and I just couldn't imagine spending $25 on a powder without trying it out first.

The packaging is really nice! It comes in a rectangular compact with a swiveling lid and a LARGE mirror. Very convenient! The little lace pouch was a very nice touch as well, although I can't say I use it for the powder. I can see maybe storing q-tips or cotton balls in it while traveling.

I had to guess a little on the color, but I believe I went with Ivory, which suits my N3-N4 skin almost perfectly.

Applied with a kabuki brush, coverage is pretty decent. I have pretty oily skin, and I have yet to see any sort of dark oxidized spots pop up throughout the day.

All in all, it's a pretty alright powder. Would I repurchase it at full price? No. I have no idea why NYX wants so much for powder, considering most of their other products are so budget friendly. Studio Fix powder performs better (not to mention comes in a wider array of colors) and costs a dollar more.