Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Sunset Glow

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Sunset Glow

4.5

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this blush for about five years or so. It was a favorite of mine for quite some time and just find there is too much makeup to try in such little time! At the moment, I have about 6 different blushes going, but will possibly return to this gem at some point in time. I have NW120-130 skin depending on how tan I am. (Red hair, green eyes, freckles, but with some sort of tan going usually.) I mention this because of the comments on how this is not flattering on pale skin. I suppose it depends on how fair you are, but I definitely find this flattering on me when used in small amounts. I have a heavy hand with mostly everything except for blush, which I have learned not to be as someone with fair skin, especially with coral shades such as this one.
There is a sheen/shimmer to this, but it is not glitter. I know people who are sensitive to shimmer often dislike anything not matte, but I enjoy a nice glow and therefore like this look. The product itself is about $21, and there is a large amount of product which lasts a long, long time. The packaging is a bit bulky, with a decent quality brush inside that I would use while travelling and a good sized mirror (also good for travelling). I think Clinique in general is a great quality brand, especially if you're a sensitive skin type. If this shade is too dark for you, definitely look into other shades Clinique has to offer! You can't go wrong with these blushes.

On me it's a coral/russet colour. I did say 'on me' - I'm mixed heritage and I was probably NC30/35 when I last wore it, so it stands to reason if you're paler or have different undertones it'll look a little different. It's not too shimmery and looks natural but polished. I've got it as a GWP as well as in a limited edition Clinique pallette so I'm rating it on the full price version. This shade doesn't seem as complex as some other Clinique blushes and I wouldn't purchase in the larger size as I am awash with slightly similar (again, on me!) variations on peachy/coral/russet, but I would recommend for other light olive/yellow-toned

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product does not work for my pale skin at all! There is next to no colour payoff, but tons of shimmer. Not pleased with this product and will not repurchase.

on 11/12/2012 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is reminiscent of the old "rhubarb" color in the soft-pressed blush line. For those of you that miss that color - it is sort of reddish-pinkish-corallish - you know the color. I don't find this to be obnoxious in the shimmer department - just a hint. The texture is nice, wears well, and in a pinch the brush is ok.

This is absolutely my HG blush. I have tried numerous others but none come close this one. I originally got a sample size of this years ago as a GWP and of course as soon as I ran out I had to go get some more which has lasted me for forever (although I have hit pan and I'm already anxious that they will discontinue it!) As a makeup artist, this color is almost universally flattering on everyone although for darker skintones it won't show up as well as a brighter color would. I can go on and on about it but it really speaks for itself! ps. don't use the brush it comes with! duh!

on 9/5/2010 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

A great blush color of reddish-pink-bronzish. Heavily pigmented and has shimmer. Combined is a great late summer/fall blush! I just love the color which goes great on tanned skin. Clinique's products also are awesome for sensitive skin and I have never had any problems with extra breakouts.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I found this laying around, i believe i got it free (buy a certain amount kind of thing)..it came with the blush and butter pecan eyshadow duo. So i decided since im getting bored with my other blush i would try this, i think this will be so pretty for fall, its very nicely pigmented, looks natural, stays put, what more can i ask for. go out and buy this you will not be dissapointed :)

This is my favourite ever blush! It has a glittery hint to it, and the colour is beautiful. I am extremely pale, but like a strong blush and this is perfect.

It sweeps on deliciously, and stays put. This is my one and only makeup product that I do not have to re-apply.

My Mum got this, and after I borrowed it once, I went straight online to get my own.
This costs 18.50 for 6g, and it lasts a very long time. I use a fair amount every day and it still lasts me a year later...

Despite my oily skin this doesn't budge or 'melt' away. Will continue to buy it :)

LC

on 10/4/2009 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this blush. It has a subtle shimmer and flatters my NC 43-45 skin. I use this in conjunction with the all over bloom color in almond blossom or with the blushing blush in aglow.

got this as an extra gift with purchase. love the color gives a gorgeous bronze-y rosy cheek, great pigmentation. a great blush overall, although a bit to pricey for me if had to buy, wud buy mark blushes over this as they r a lot bigger and cheaper