Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Sunset Glow

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Sunset Glow

4.5

Somebody below described this shade well.........coral/russet. It is neither too far on the side of a cool berry-red nor too far on the other side of just plain brown. I actually don't see too much shimmer, even though there apparently is a hint of shimmer in Clinique's blushing blush versus Clinique's soft-pressed blushes, which are supposed to have none at all. I'm enjoying this blush.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this blush for about five years or so. It was a favorite of mine for quite some time and just find there is too much makeup to try in such little time! At the moment, I have about 6 different blushes going, but will possibly return to this gem at some point in time. I have NW120-130 skin depending on how tan I am. (Red hair, green eyes, freckles, but with some sort of tan going usually.) I mention this because of the comments on how this is not flattering on pale skin. I suppose it depends on how fair you are, but I definitely find this flattering on me when used in small amounts. I have a heavy hand with mostly everything except for blush, which I have learned not to be as someone with fair skin, especially with coral shades such as this one.
There is a sheen/shimmer to this, but it is not glitter. I know people who are sensitive to shimmer often dislike anything not matte, but I enjoy a nice glow and therefore like this look. The product itself is about $21, and there is a large amount of product which lasts a long, long time. The packaging is a bit bulky, with a decent quality brush inside that I would use while travelling and a good sized mirror (also good for travelling). I think Clinique in general is a great quality brand, especially if you're a sensitive skin type. If this shade is too dark for you, definitely look into other shades Clinique has to offer! You can't go wrong with these blushes.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This blush is unflattering on pale skin, and it is too shimmery for my taste. The texture is nice and soft, but I find when you blend it all you're left with is shimmer rather than blush. That being said, I prefer matte blushes, but still would not recommend this to anyone who has pale skin like me.

on 8/22/2012 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Guess it depends on what you expect. I was expecting a sort of natural, maybe a bit bronzy blush that I could use to sculpt my cheekbones and provide a healthy, flushed glow at the same time, but this is more of a berry colour that does not work well for that purpose.

It is quite a matte blush, no sheen or shimmer from it. I am an NC25/30 and this colour really doesn't suit me. I can see how it would look nice on other skintypes, but the cool, almost purplish tone of it and the matteness make me look old and unhealthy.

I was actually looking for a compact version of MAC's Warm Soul (not gonna carry a whole brush and pan around with me) but compared to that this was a real disappointment. It was kind of like biting into a pastry expecting it to be filled with apple only to find it's a savoury one filled with ham and cheese... My own fault for not trying it on before buying.

This is absolutely my HG blush. I have tried numerous others but none come close this one. I originally got a sample size of this years ago as a GWP and of course as soon as I ran out I had to go get some more which has lasted me for forever (although I have hit pan and I'm already anxious that they will discontinue it!) As a makeup artist, this color is almost universally flattering on everyone although for darker skintones it won't show up as well as a brighter color would. I can go on and on about it but it really speaks for itself! ps. don't use the brush it comes with! duh!

on 11/1/2011 9:22:00 PM

Got this as a free small sample so the packaging was poor. Very nice colour. Didn't know how to rate the price since I don't know how much it will be. I'm sure it won't be super cheap.
I will probably buy this. I was very happy with it.

on 9/5/2010 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

A great blush color of reddish-pink-bronzish. Heavily pigmented and has shimmer. Combined is a great late summer/fall blush! I just love the color which goes great on tanned skin. Clinique's products also are awesome for sensitive skin and I have never had any problems with extra breakouts.

on 4/17/2010 7:34:00 PM

I got a sample of this as a GWP. The packaging was quite cheap that it broke after a while.
The color is gorgeous. But, within a few hours it's gone. I would say probably 3. I like my blushes to stay on and on, since I don't reapply my makeup during the day. But the color is worth the use. I used quite a lot of it. However, I won't want to pay the full price for it. I would rather get a mac or nars blush instead.

I also forgot to say that, you really need to use a brush that grabs color with this. And it is pretty hard to blend out.

I also got this as gift with purchase. This, by far, is my favorite blush. It looks like the perfect flush. You really have that youthful glow in your cheeks that look natural rather than something like a light pink etc. If you use bronzer, this blush will actually show up on your cheeks, I have had bad experiences with blushes not showing up as much as my bronzer which looks splotchy. Which is why I recommend this blush! Definately super super super pretty. I can't even explain what it does to my cheeks. Better than NARS orgasm for sure. I recommend this to all. Clinique knows how to make blush very well, and using the brush it comes with actually helps. Using a round brush makes application harder, but the brush in the box is amazing! It's soft and my mother has converted me into a clinique blusher gal!

I got this blush in my gift with purchase and I LOVE IT! Love the color..it's pink/brown with tinny bits of golden sparkles. Very pigmented which I like and stays on all day! Don't like the packaging but love the product!