no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

I absolutely love this powder. It works great as a sheer coverage powder foundation, and also is a perfect setting powder over a liquid foundation. I'm devastated that it has been discontinued from Mary Kay, and now I can only find it on E-bay, and that wont last forever. I encourage everyone who is a fan of this foundation to contact the Mary Kay corporate office and request that they bring it back!!!

About reviewer (108 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

11 years ago

I bought this on ebay. Ivory 104 works on my skin-I need the cool tone. It goes on sheer which I like. I'm not sure if they still make it, as they are doing more with minerals. I like their minerals also. I am using it as a setting powder over Estee DW foundation. I think it works well for that. I spray it with a homemade fix+ spay and it gives a soft dewy finish that does not look cakey or powdery. I put it in a pro case which works really well for traveling.

About reviewer (263 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

2.0

11 years ago

I was hoping to replace Lancome's dual finish powder foundation with this but... eh. It just doesn't compare. The consistency was nice, and velvety. Dry, the coverage was light, wet, it was medium. I had two major problems with this product. One being it feels very dry on. I can feel it, and I don't like that. It zapped all of the moisture out of my skin when worn alone. Worn over a liquid foundation it was ok, but still felt thick even though I only applied a small about with a brush. My 2nd complaint is it looks chalky. With or without a liquid foundation it looks like I dipped my face in a bowl of chalk. No flattering at all. The packaging wasn't great either. The cover keeps comin off so I can't take it along with me anywhere for touch ups, and it looked cheap. I only give it two lippies for the coverage though. It might work for someone with extremely oily skin, but for a dry/combo skinned girl like me it just doesn't make the cut.

About reviewer (248 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

12 years ago

Love their foundations. I am a person of color and they blend very well with my sking, making me look flawless. I wish though that they lasted longer. By the end of an eigh hour day, my make up looks like it needs to be freshend up : (

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Dark

HairBlack

EyesOther

12 years ago

This doesn't seem to cover well for me as a foundation without looking "cakey" but I like it as a pressed powder. It cuts any shine I have easily and I love the compact - it's so slim and the option of either brush or sponge is great - I use the little round brush.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

12 years ago

This is a pretty decent powder foundation. I do find that it leaves a very dry finish, which looks like powder caked on your face. What I do to fix that is spray (very fine spray) water on my skin after I am finished applying it. Just let it dry naturally w/o touching your face. It fixes the over powdery look instantly! I have very oily skin, so I like powder foundaitons on my face but spraying with water just finishes the look and makes it look natural.

About reviewer (261 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

3.0

12 years ago

This isn't for all skin types. I have normal to dry skin and this really made my skin look dry. My face felt parched. But if you have oily skin, this would probably work for you. I liked the coverage, light- medium coverage...nice. I used ivory 200 and have nc25, BB sand skin. Price is good too.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

13 years ago

DUAL COVERAGE POWDER (beige 300): talc, silica, dimethicone, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, nylon-12, octyldodecyl lactate, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, ptfe, eolite, lauroyl lysine, sorbic acid, methylparaben,propylparaben, tetrasoduim edta, butylparaben, bht, lauramine oxide, c9-15 alkyl phosphate, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, water, sodium citrate, cucumber extract, lemon extract, mica, iron oxides. May contain: titanium dioxide. I believe these are the ingredients for the dual coverage powder foundation. Double check because these are kind of old.

About reviewer (169 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

13 years ago

I love this powder. It provides a light coverage so I do use concealor prior to using it. I use the 100 shade and it seems pretty light but blends in with my skin perfectly and looks very natural. I really like it. My face is very oily and still will get shiny through the day so I use the clean and clear shine control powder and it seems to help.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

13 years ago

I think this is my favorite MK item! I use this as my pressed powder that I carry in my purse. I usually don't buy the compacts from MK, but I got the foundation compact and the round brush that fits in it. I am so tickled with this powder, I show it to everyone. I love the idea of applying my pressed powder with a brush instead of a dirty sponge. I have definitely noticed reduced breakouts since I started using it. I also like that the compact has ventilation for the brush so it doesn't get gross. Now for the product - I have never used a pressed powder that covered so well, stayed in place, and prevented shine the way this one does. I use 2 different shades depending on the time of year and they both compliement my foundation, even in the fall and spring. In the summer, sometimes I will wear tinted moisturizer, then brush this over it and it looks RADIANT!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium