Jean Patou 1000

Jean Patou 1000
1000

4.2

on 12/12/2014 7:42:00 PM

When my Mother in Law wanted to get me a fragrance for my birthday, this was my request, after months of trying samples from Surrender to Chance. Now this is my signature. It's a big rich white floral, but without the problematic indoles of jasmine (think Jicky) and since it uses few synthetics, it doesn't have that toilet cake vibe of other white florals (Narcisso Rodriguez for Her). Its classic and works well day or night, decent sillage, not overwhelming (if you don't wear too much) and wonderful longevity. It's also really complicated, not just white floral, but a lot going on, and suits a person who doesn't necessarily follow trends but is very individual.

on 9/12/2009 7:43:00 PM

Jean Patou's 1000 has to be the most divine the most exquisite fragrance ever created. You can tell very high end ingredients are used for this fragrance as it smells so realistically like a bouquet of fresh flowers. 1000 is not just a few flowers in a vase. 1000 is walking into a room that is flooded with 10's of millions of all diffrent kinds of flowers from the world over. 1000 is not a thin floral either. Its very dense and thick. It must be the civet basenotes or the sandalwood that that makes it feel so oppulent and heavy. 1000 is a fragrance for a night at the opera or for going to a broadway play.

on 9/10/2008 11:05:00 PM

There are some fragrances that take a bit of getting used to, but after a full course of it, as a man you just seems to want more. Recently a lady friend has been wearing 1000 by Jean Patou all the time, the EDT from the start of the morning, the EDP at dinner unless the venue is high end. If so and always before bed a few dainty dabs of the perfume to set the mood.

I have always been inspired by fragrances, ever since I began to get ritual weekly haircuts beginning on my 11th birthday and for many years after, as I visited a classic British barber and tried out all of his hundreds of scents from limes and bay rums from the Carribean, to all the scents by Shulton, Caswell, Creed and most of the French designer fragrances. I always felt so fresh and ready for anything after those visits, right through college and into my first high powered jobs. I also appreciated the knowing glances by "older" women (somewhere over 25 years old) as they caught a hint of my scent, and sometimes were close enough that I caught a bit of theirs.

But only recently had I met a "1000 woman" thru and thru. Oddly enough for such a direct fragrance, it is very expensive and not available just anywhere. 1000 is very sophisticated and is one of the best women's fragrances when it comes to blending well with what a man wears. It blends especially well with Aramis, English Leather, Old Spice, Eau Sauvage, Fahrenheit and a quality Bay Rum or Oak Moss fragrance for men.

Indeed as a night goes on whether outdoors enjoying the sulty air or ... indoors enjoying the sultry air, there is a special sensuality about 1000 that draws a man "in" as in intimacy. Mille perfume has a special warmth that seems to draw a man closer in a gentle but persistent kind of way.

Jean Patou has always had a way of projecting femininity from a woman, out towards a man (as opposed to being like wearing a "female overcoat", or aggressive fem-machine-gun). Mille does this in a no nonsense but highly attractive kind of way. Mille it seems can work with the fresh scent of a woman instead of covering it up (maybe it's the "green-ness of it).

Not fruity or overly sweet, 1000 can be worn all day long, and the concentrated bath oil can have an extremely powerful effect on a man. It has the kind of power to make a man bury his face in the towel the woman just used and then seek her out to cradle her in his arms. It is truly an intoxicating experience for both parties.

So perhaps while Joy is all about flowers and a young lady's blossoming into a woman, 1000 is all about projecting the maximum womanliness possible. Strong modern woman seem to be best suited to using 1000 all day long, or at least women who want to be seen strong and modern might wear it for the same reason. I've seen the influence 1000 has on a woman coming to grips with the power a woman can wield, If you are spending some quality time with a man you really like and ... want, give him a message he'll understand right down to his ... soul, by wearing Mille morning noon and night. He won't ever get enough. continued >>

on 6/24/2008 10:48:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I received this as a sample, spritzed it on and admired the topnote. But within a few mins, I was convinced that one of my dogs had pooped in the adjacent living room. A quick check confirmed that both were napping, and then the source of the intensely fecal smell was discovered when I sniffed my wrist. An overpowering odor des poopies. I waited, hoping it would go away. But it did not, and I ended up scrubbing it off. I gave it a few more tries with the same result. My nose must just focus on the indoles, or the skatoles, or whatever molecule it is that can smell fecal in dilution. A bummer, but I blame my nose and not the fragrance, since anything that has been a steady seller for so many years has to be more pleasing than not.

Sophisticated, clean, yet pretty. Very wearable, subtle, and unique. Wish it wasn't so expensive. A bit powdery, but a great fragrance for work that exudes grownup confidence.

I absolutely love this! It makes me feel very elegant when I wear it. OK, it smells somewhat old fashioned and it's not suited for daytime but I think it's a great special occasions spring and fall perfume.

Popular Fragrances