Jean Patou 1000

Jean Patou 1000
1000

on 5/3/2006 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The most elegant, sensual, mysterious perfume I have ever found, warm and earthy with an echo of violets in the shadows, that blends perfectly with my body chemistry and my psychology. I wear it to bed, and know nothing better than to let the scent of it carry me to sleep. Discovered it when I was a teenager, when a woman in a shop gave me a tester and spoiled me forever. I treasured the tester, eeking it out drop by drop, and waited more than ten years to feel worthy of my first full bottle. In 27 years I have never found one better, or even close, though I do wear other perfumes. This one is special, memorable, to be treasured. I use the EDT as it is perfection on me; the others are a little heavy for my chemistry. A word of caution: men, all kinds of men, follow me around with lovelorn expressions when I wear it, so I'm a little choosey who I wear it around and when. Not one I wear to work, unless I mean to cause a distraction.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Hands-down winner over Jean Patou's Joy perfume. This is a floral with depth and good balance, while retaining the uniqueness of Joy. It evolves to a powdery floral scent that is pleasant both in its initial application and drydown. No discordant notes. Most importantly, it never develops that old perfume scent that lingers like a bowl of weeks old rose petals.