Jean Patou 1000

1000

4.9

on 2/20/2008 10:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

1000 to me is a nice green chypre in the same vein as Chanel 19. On my skin, the two are similar, replacing the iris of 19 with an earthy violet in 1000. It is so similar to 19 to me that I wouldn't buy a full bottle, but the lovley violet note is nice enough that I might keep a decant of this around for spring.

on 5/3/2006 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The most elegant, sensual, mysterious perfume I have ever found, warm and earthy with an echo of violets in the shadows, that blends perfectly with my body chemistry and my psychology. I wear it to bed, and know nothing better than to let the scent of it carry me to sleep. Discovered it when I was a teenager, when a woman in a shop gave me a tester and spoiled me forever. I treasured the tester, eeking it out drop by drop, and waited more than ten years to feel worthy of my first full bottle. In 27 years I have never found one better, or even close, though I do wear other perfumes. This one is special, memorable, to be treasured. I use the EDT as it is perfection on me; the others are a little heavy for my chemistry. A word of caution: men, all kinds of men, follow me around with lovelorn expressions when I wear it, so I'm a little choosey who I wear it around and when. Not one I wear to work, unless I mean to cause a distraction.

1000 says carnal riches and a love of pleasures, with no excuses given. It does have a star quality to it, with a mixture of floral decadence and a heavier mysterious achord. On me, although I haven't used it for a whole decade, it was precious. It is a little too "mature" and, therefore, now I prefer not to use it...being more in need of a more loving aura.

on 7/10/2004 1:27:00 PM

Ohhhh, desire, beauty, feminity, and all things just beyond our reach in a bottle. Smells, literally, Divine. Like something the gods gave . . wait, they did--floral gifts, but these gifts have been expertly blended with exquisite care and attention to detail. One of my favs. It loves me and I love it, and that's all I need to know. Pure pleasure, surpasses that other gift ot the gods, "Joy" for sensory ecstasy.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Hands-down winner over Jean Patou's Joy perfume. This is a floral with depth and good balance, while retaining the uniqueness of Joy. It evolves to a powdery floral scent that is pleasant both in its initial application and drydown. No discordant notes. Most importantly, it never develops that old perfume scent that lingers like a bowl of weeks old rose petals.

on 7/29/2003 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This scent is based on the osmanthus, wich smells like abricot. On my skin, 1000 smells similar to Mitsouko. It has the fruitiess, without the greeness of Mitsouko.

on 7/19/2002 4:20:00 PM

I have long been a Jean Patou fan because my mother wore "Joy" and "1000" from the time I was a child; she has since moved on, but my fondness for this fragrance house remains. I think that the Patou fragrances are an acquired taste; they all share a similar bond in the form of certain notes that express their "Patou-ness." I think of it as a certain dryness -- very dry jasmine (not wet, sweet or hot -- just elegantly dry like a perfect martini), I think, is one of the primary unifying links. Anyway, it's a quality that I love, and 1000 certainly has it; I found a bottle of this in a light, after-shower "body mist" form and it is beautiful...it is a green floral marked with a jot of spiciness and again, that arid quality that is coming from the jasmine as well as some rose. I've been on a big Patou kick lately and this is a welcome addition to the collection I'm building.

Popular Fragrances