Jean Patou 1000

Filtered by hair type : Other
Jean Patou 1000
1000

on 11/11/2009 2:29:00 AM

A classically elegant ,beautifully composed chypre of world perfumery .
Distinctive ,smooth with an edge due to the civet. Gorgeous !

on 8/26/2009 12:25:00 PM

This is a beautiful warm jasmine-osmanthus scent with some green and other notes (maybe patchouli? or wood, leather?) in the basenotes. I have the body mist which I like a lot. I didn't like EDT as much. Body mist is very wearable, it's a warmish not sweet floral with a slightly greenish drydown. Very sophisticated. I had to grow into this one.

on 2/16/2008 10:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Less loud than most 70s scents, this is still clearly in the older style of perfumery. Slightly ripe florals over a classic base with sandalwood, civet and patchouli, it smells like it cost a lot, but I'm not sure it smells like it was worth it. It smells dated. I have nothing against a perfume that doesn't smell like modern blah-mall perfumes, but this one is just so very...vintage. Vintage in an out-of-style way, not in a 1916 retro way. It's not bad, but I sure won't be wearing it out of the house. And as it dries down more completely, I'm starting to detect that flowers-gone-off scent some of the other reviewers noted. No, I don't agree with the enthusiasts: This is not a classy, timeless, sexy scent. It's shoulder pads in a red suit and hairspray helmet hair. Gotta go scrub. EDIT: Second try, years later. It's a leathery old style chypre floral. A tiny bit reminiscent of Arpege in the tarry aldehyde and apricot feeling. A little bit soapy in the green notes. Nice enough and def black tie, but still not my kind of thing at all.

I have to take back all the negative comments I've made about 1000 over the past year. I consider it one of my favorites now, perfect all year round. It's suave, creamy, elegant and urbane. Dress it up, dress it down. Wear it to the grocery, office, to church, to the opera, or for a big night on the town. Very versatile. It's a marvelously balanced fragrance that tends to stay close to the skin. If you're looking for something that is a chypre with floral and green accents, this one could very well be for you. It's easy to wear and easy to love. If you find Mitsouko too much of a challenge, fear not. Give 1000 a fair chance.

Popular Fragrances