Jean Patou 1000

1000

4.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I have a vintage 1970s jade green bottle which I have been nursing along for a few years now. Bought opened on ebay, it still smells gorgeous. It is rich, earthy, spicy, floral and you either get it or never will. It seems strong at first (as with vintage Joy, a few dabs will do ya), but settles in to an expensive smelling fragrance. I live in Florida now and only use it in the Winter months. When I lived in Seattle, I wore it more often. It's one of those vintage fragrances that stand the test of time.

on 9/12/2009 7:43:00 PM

Jean Patou's 1000 has to be the most divine the most exquisite fragrance ever created. You can tell very high end ingredients are used for this fragrance as it smells so realistically like a bouquet of fresh flowers. 1000 is not just a few flowers in a vase. 1000 is walking into a room that is flooded with 10's of millions of all diffrent kinds of flowers from the world over. 1000 is not a thin floral either. Its very dense and thick. It must be the civet basenotes or the sandalwood that that makes it feel so oppulent and heavy. 1000 is a fragrance for a night at the opera or for going to a broadway play.

on 2/20/2008 10:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

1000 to me is a nice green chypre in the same vein as Chanel 19. On my skin, the two are similar, replacing the iris of 19 with an earthy violet in 1000. It is so similar to 19 to me that I wouldn't buy a full bottle, but the lovley violet note is nice enough that I might keep a decant of this around for spring.

on 4/2/2003 10:47:00 AM

Class and sophistication in a
bottle. I can't speak for those whose chemistry doesn't agree with the fragrance, but for me, it is just wonderful. The scent is rose based, musky and intense. Not for the timid wallflower, this smells of eroticism and wealth.

Popular Fragrances