Jean Patou 1000

Jean Patou 1000
1000

4.3

on 12/12/2014 7:42:00 PM

When my Mother in Law wanted to get me a fragrance for my birthday, this was my request, after months of trying samples from Surrender to Chance. Now this is my signature. It's a big rich white floral, but without the problematic indoles of jasmine (think Jicky) and since it uses few synthetics, it doesn't have that toilet cake vibe of other white florals (Narcisso Rodriguez for Her). Its classic and works well day or night, decent sillage, not overwhelming (if you don't wear too much) and wonderful longevity. It's also really complicated, not just white floral, but a lot going on, and suits a person who doesn't necessarily follow trends but is very individual.

on 11/11/2009 2:29:00 AM

A classically elegant ,beautifully composed chypre of world perfumery .
Distinctive ,smooth with an edge due to the civet. Gorgeous !

on 9/12/2009 7:43:00 PM

Jean Patou's 1000 has to be the most divine the most exquisite fragrance ever created. You can tell very high end ingredients are used for this fragrance as it smells so realistically like a bouquet of fresh flowers. 1000 is not just a few flowers in a vase. 1000 is walking into a room that is flooded with 10's of millions of all diffrent kinds of flowers from the world over. 1000 is not a thin floral either. Its very dense and thick. It must be the civet basenotes or the sandalwood that that makes it feel so oppulent and heavy. 1000 is a fragrance for a night at the opera or for going to a broadway play.

on 2/16/2008 10:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Less loud than most 70s scents, this is still clearly in the older style of perfumery. Slightly ripe florals over a classic base with sandalwood, civet and patchouli, it smells like it cost a lot, but I'm not sure it smells like it was worth it. It smells dated. I have nothing against a perfume that doesn't smell like modern blah-mall perfumes, but this one is just so very...vintage. Vintage in an out-of-style way, not in a 1916 retro way. It's not bad, but I sure won't be wearing it out of the house. And as it dries down more completely, I'm starting to detect that flowers-gone-off scent some of the other reviewers noted. No, I don't agree with the enthusiasts: This is not a classy, timeless, sexy scent. It's shoulder pads in a red suit and hairspray helmet hair. Gotta go scrub. EDIT: Second try, years later. It's a leathery old style chypre floral. A tiny bit reminiscent of Arpege in the tarry aldehyde and apricot feeling. A little bit soapy in the green notes. Nice enough and def black tie, but still not my kind of thing at all.

Sophisticated, clean, yet pretty. Very wearable, subtle, and unique. Wish it wasn't so expensive. A bit powdery, but a great fragrance for work that exudes grownup confidence.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Finally tried Jean Patou's 1000... It's bold, pretty and grounded. In my mind, 1000 conjures up pictures of an impeccably dressed woman in a Chanel suit, chauffeured around New York City to take care of business whether social or professional. This to me is a power fragrance -- pure and simple. Actually, I didn't expect to like 1000, but I reallydo. What a surprise...

on 12/29/2006 10:23:00 AM

Elegant, classic, classy, sophisticated, rich, unique, timeless; I can't think of enough adjectives to describe this Beauty!!!!

on 8/22/2006 6:47:00 PM

This is the review for the parfum - The 1000 EDT I had tried before now seems harsher and drier, woodier, brighter and spicier too.

The parfum sinks in the skin, warmer, feeling very sensual, darker and sweeter - the sillage is intense but feels intimate. I don 't get much Mitsouko in 1000 maybe because it has more indole animalic notes, also has a leather side that reminds me more of Daim Blond apricot soft leather note (osmanthus?) than the fruity chypre Mitsouko. A dark dirty raunchy luxurious floral!

I have to take back all the negative comments I've made about 1000 over the past year. I consider it one of my favorites now, perfect all year round. It's suave, creamy, elegant and urbane. Dress it up, dress it down. Wear it to the grocery, office, to church, to the opera, or for a big night on the town. Very versatile. It's a marvelously balanced fragrance that tends to stay close to the skin. If you're looking for something that is a chypre with floral and green accents, this one could very well be for you. It's easy to wear and easy to love. If you find Mitsouko too much of a challenge, fear not. Give 1000 a fair chance.

1000 says carnal riches and a love of pleasures, with no excuses given. It does have a star quality to it, with a mixture of floral decadence and a heavier mysterious achord. On me, although I haven't used it for a whole decade, it was precious. It is a little too "mature" and, therefore, now I prefer not to use it...being more in need of a more loving aura.

Popular Fragrances