E.L.F. Long Wear Non-Feathering Lip Liner in 'Bitter'

2.8

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I can't believe this is only $1, and it comes with a pencil sharpener! How cool is that? E.L.F. treats their customers so well; in fact, I wish other companies were thoughtful enough to include little things like this. They seem to forget that a lot of us sharpen our pencils (lip, eye, etc.), every time we use them, and sharpeners do get dull.

Anyway, on to the review. I recently bought this in Bitter, and I also have a discontinued one in the color Bark. Next on my list is the Mauve Luxe (so, so pretty).

What's interesting about the color Bitter is that it can change from a cool to a warm tone, depending upon how you apply it. If you apply it directly from the tip (which will be thin), it will give a warm red color. If you like your liner a little softer and not as thin, you can use a lip brush and fix it to your liking.

If you apply the liner not with the tip, but along the side (you may have to stretch your lips a bit more to get it perfect), the color that's applied appears to be a classic blue red, which is cool toned.

I don't know what kind of sorcery that is, but it works for me! I discovered that by accident, and am so glad I did.:)

*To note: I'm an NC35, with yellow undertones, so I don't know if that makes a difference in regards to the color change of Bitter.

on 5/10/2013 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Dry, crumbly and difficult to apply. Also the cap cracked right away. WnW is much better.

To Read all 4 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

It's a cheap lip liner and it does what it's supposed to do. Like the previous reviewer said, the color isn't really accurate. When I bought it, I was expecting a neutral color. but it turns out to be a bright fuchsia! This was a rather good bargain considering it cost only $1 and came with a sharpener. I would purchase again, but I would be cautious with the color choice since it doesn't really reflect correctly on the packaging.

No more long-wearing or non-feathering than any other cheap lip-liner, but of course none of them are quite this cheap, with a sharpener included, so in that respect, this product's good-enough, if not good.

However, this color which looks like a plummy neutral if you see the swatch at drugstore.com reads as fuschia when you put it on your lips, so unless you're looking for fuschia, stay away from this one, which is called 'bitter.'

Popular Lip Liners