Tom Ford Neroli Portofino

Neroli PortofinoNeroli Portofino

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I don't seem to get the hype with Tom Ford fragrances. This smells like a complimentary hotel bar soap and not the good kind!! For a fresh or citrus scent, I would go for Dolce & Gabana Light Blue. I will not purchase.

on 4/29/2017 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Not my cup of tea. I do get the similarities to 4711 that many reviewers described, and I am not a fan of that one either. Both to my nose are lacking in depth and interest, Neroli Portofino turns quickly into something boring on my skin, with the initial blast of bitter orange fading too quickly. Overall the staying power isn't great either, especially for an Eau de Parfum at that price point. I guess it's my skin chemistry so obviously, as with most fragrances, testing on one's skin is highly recommended before spending this much.

on 4/26/2017 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a lovely fragrance from a prestige brand and the TF bottle looks impressive in one's collection, but so is 4711, which comes in a handsome, historic bottle and smells identical for a mere fraction of the price. If the 4711 cologne does not have the staying power to suit you, the Fragrance Shop makes a great oil perfume version, along with lots of bath and body products.

on 4/26/2017 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this perfume. I am unable to describe perfume well just like I can not articulate why I like certain food items. It's this wonderful scent that makes me realize how wonderfully powerful the sense of smell really can be and elicits a certain feeling in me.

However, good GOD! The price!!!! I should put the price in caps as well. Several hundred dollars for parfum for a few ounces? This is like the feeling I had when Creme de la Mer was first introduced and we couldn't understand how any lotion was worth several hundred dollars but many of us get suckered in. I mean there were stories of the inventor of the lotion (maybe an astronaut??) whom was able to heal his 3rd degree burns with the lotion and I had acne scars that I wanted to get rid of so I thought if a few hundred dollars can diminish 3rd degree burns, imagine what it can do for acne scars.

But I digress.

I'm struggling to find a dupe that smells just as nice and lasts longer so I don't feel quite so guilty layering it on the morning but it's a one of a kind decandant luxury for now.

on 3/16/2017 7:26:00 PM

I got TF Velvet Orchid this winter and loved it so much I decided to rummage through my samples and see if I had anything else TF for the warmer months. I got a tester of this in one of my beauty boxes. Unfortunately, I have to agree that it smells like soap to me which isn't the worst way to smell, but I wouldn't pay that much money to smell like it, I'd just buy a heavily perfumed soap. Maybe it works for someone, but not me.

on 10/21/2016 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got a massive decanter size of this and I use and atomiser and use it for holidays or going out early evening then I keep it in my make up bag. Love it always get compliments

on 8/11/2016 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

My Mom's been wearing this same scent for years under another name - 4711. Same juice with a $10 price tag. She's a smart lady.

on 7/29/2016 8:33:00 AM

Im still in a 'testing' phase for this one...on a first sniff it immediately brought back the memory of a beach in the Adriatic sea when I was a kid. There is something in this that smells of an expensive sunscreen of the past, maybe something from Lancaster or similar, mixed with a fancy soap. I like it actually and it's not making me nauseous or headachy which a lot of perfumes do. I'll test it a few more times before I can commit to buying a full bottle.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

A very nice summer scent that smells like fresh citrus- orange bloom, lemon, and something slightly flora. To extend the scent I spray it head to toe then use the body spray to do the same. I also place the body spray version in my hair and I can still smell it after lunch (6 hours later) but I still keep the body spray in my tote to reapply if needed after lunch. If you want to save money pick up the 4711 splash which is nearly 100 percent cheaper. I have both and can honestly say the ingredients for both products are the same. I just loved the TF bottle and wanted it anyway but it's the same product. Also you want the perfume version, as the toilette version evaporates as soon as it's applied while the other lasts a little longer.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

If I try *really* hard, I can smell the orange blossom on my skin, but my first reaction upon spraying is always sun screen. It evokes feelings of being on the beach and hot summer days, but it is not something I would wear on a daily basis or pay for the scent of sun screen. This didn't work with my body chemistry at all.

Popular Fragrances