Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm shamelessly hopping on the Tobacco Vanille bandwagon. This fragrance is just so damn good, it's on its own level. No, it's not innovative, and it is rather linear, but it is the unequivocal best at what it does, and thus it is a force to be reckoned with. If you want to smell like vanilla pipe tobacco renditioned into a wearable fragrance, look no further.

Some say this smells like a candle - and I can totally see where they're coming from - but I think it's an unavoidable trait with these kinds of oriental, spicy scents. And even then, it only seems candle-like when you're consciously thinking about that. Otherwise, sniffing this in a casual, unbiased manner will definitely yield a more accurate opinion of the scent, whether it be positive or negative. Personally, I can't find any faults whatsoever; it literally smells like sweet, unlit high-quality vanilla pipe tobacco, plain and simple, and that's exactly what I expected out of this fragrance. It's perfection.

on 6/7/2016 9:03:00 PM

I heard it all.
Spiced Chai Latte . Yankee Candle , christmas pudding . vanilla extract for cooking. Eggnog ( Katie Pukrik ! ) and more .....
Now I will add in Vanilla Spiced Mulled Wine.
HOWEVER.. I think descriptions like above so .. are a little over the top when describing this scent.
Take them as pointers as to vaguely what to expect. Every skin is different.
So... do not let this ...the above put you off ...Tobacco Vanille it is a beautiful smell.
Whilst Tobacco Vanille may conjure up images of winter foods and spicy vanilla ..it is not totally gourmand to me.
It is described as spicy Oriental according to Tom Ford.

I sprayed once and got mostly cinnamon .. red hots ,fruits and clove .
Then I sprayed three times and the tobacco really did come out in the opening.
The tobacco is cherry but very subtle in comparison to how my skin amplifies the spices .
The vanilla is not prominent on me at all ...mostly a background player to take the edge of the spice.

I also got impressions of milk chocolate before the dry down ( cacao note in it ) .

I read TV tends to be linear and I really did not find this to be the case. it was a most unusual fragrant experience .
A gourmand . NOT gourmand ... flickers of milk chocolate , a bit of booze, a loose cherry tobacco, vanilla swirled in with red hots .

In the complete dry down ...it all becomes a spicy ,sweet slightly tobacco-y exotic scent.
I am a woman . I wear Tuscan Leather as well.
I wear both in the heat.
The longevity is long on skin although the projection is not strong at all .
ONE spray is sufficient ! ( mostly spices and red hots )

THREE sprays for more tobacco .

Despite what I have read about reformulation of TV ...ummm, this stuff is v strong. If you spray your hair , you will smell it till the next morning.
Unisex .
I love it.

on 3/29/2016 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My partner gave me this eau de parfum for Christmas after listening to me wailing that it was too much money to spend on fragrance.

On my skin it becomes a lot more muted, the tobacco and rest of notes give me a warm scent of candied fruit (in a good way), I feel incredibly sexy when I wear it and would spritz myself with this daily if I didn't make a promise that I would only wear it on special occasions thus allowing me to enjoy the scent on those rarer occasions.

I'm sure this almost cloying sweet smell will put off many but I absolutely adore it and if I see I'm running out I'll save or wail and see what works first.

TF Tobacco-Vanille smell delicious, top note is a plum, fig tobacco is round and full body. very linear the smell doesn't change much except the vanilla take over in the dry down.the is a winter fragrance (even if I do not really believe in seasonal perfume) it is warm and cozy.

Having heard such great things about this, I spritzed myself on the wrist with this, and for the rest of the day, it smell like I was carrying around an open bag of pipe tobacco. I never got any of the vanilla, or any other notes, just tobacco & lots of it.

on 11/8/2015 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like Tobacco Vanille mainly for its Tobacco part, to my nose it's not so much a scent first and foremost dominated by Vanilla. I also don't get a lot of clove which is a good thing, I don't know if I'd like the dentist reference in my perfume that cloves naturally imply for me. The tobacco in this fragrance is sweet and mellow and so well blended, without being loud or cloying. It's a cozy scent with presence and staying power on me and I can definitely see how this is unisex and can work beautifully on men as well. Café Rose, Santal Blush, Jasmine Rouge and Tobacco Vanille are the standouts of Tom Ford's Private Blends for me. I own all four and find them to be unique perfumes. I will repurchase.

on 10/23/2015 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It's smooth, mellow unburned vanilla pipe tobacco, seasoned with clove, nutmeg, cinnamon, dried berries, honey bourbon. Reminds me of winter holiday treats, rum raisin cake and spiced cider. My mom used to take apples and stick lots of cloves in them to leave around the house on Christmas, and this fragrance reminds me a bit of that as well. I find the spice dies down before the rest of it, so I'm left with toasty, warm vanilla with a hint of chewy tobacco. Relaxed and sophisticated. Delicious without being overly gourmand. Perfectly unisex and very well crafted, great cold weather scent.
I love it and keep a large decant around. One day I'll get a full bottle.
Good longevity and sillage. One of the best private blends, IMO.
Took off a mark because the price of PBs is too high, period.

EDIT/ADD - I went through a few decants, rollerball and vial types, loving it the whole time. So I ended up buying a full bottle and found that when sprayed on, it was way too much tobacco and not enough of anything else. I even tried spraying and walking through the mist, but still didn't like it at all. Almost two different fragrances. I couldn't wear it sprayed on; I returned it to Nordstrom. I prefer dabbing or rolling, so will only keep smaller decants around. I've no interest in self decanting, so I'll continue to use S2C.

on 8/11/2015 4:58:00 AM

I met this man, in his late 40s and on our first date he wore this fragrance ... OMG! It's amazing I fell in love with it there and then. It's strong, sweet, exotic, spicy, all in one and so well blended. I love it.
I love it on him but i also love it on me too. I can see both men and women wearing this. It's bold and unisex.
Very nice staying power, a little goes a long way, which is good it's a very expensive fragrance.
I would definitely recommend it, but make sure you get a sample first cause it is a bold fragrance.

on 7/20/2015 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm really not a fan of this scent. It's far too loud and sweet. Maybe it's because everyone and his brother wears it, but it just doesn't do it for me. In fact, it makes me feel sick when I smell it. I wanted to like it, it has interesting notes, but something doesn't connect for me here.

It's hard to describe this unusual scent, it almost reminds me of something I smelled long ago from childhood, baking, cookies, apple pies, maybe my grandmothers house? Not that it's bad thing,... Still deciding what or where exactly this memory is being evoked.. It's not unpleasant by any means, probably would be best suited for winter due to the spicy vanilla-ness... I'll give an update when I'm more certain though 😊

Popular Fragrances