Vaseline Cocoa Butter Smoothing Body Butter

Vaseline Cocoa Butter Smoothing Body Butter

4.4

This is my HG body moisturizer. I seriously don't know what I would do without it. My skin would be a disaster without this body butter. I've been using Vaseline cocoa smoothing body butter for almost ten years now and it is the best body moisturizer I've ever had.

Almost everything irritates my skin, and it gets so dry where I live (southern Ontario). I hate thick, oily creams that sit on my skin and just make me feel more dry. I hate light lotions that feel like they're doing nothing at all. This is a thick, completely non-oily cream that makes my skin feel dewy and soft, but not oily or sticky. And the results are amazing. This softens my feet, knees and elbows like nothing else I've ever tried, gets rid of painful dry patches and soothes my skin like a dream, makes the skin on my stomach, bum and thighs look smoother and tighter... This cocoa butter cream is it for me.

If I were going to be stranded on a desert island and could only bring three products, this would be my first pick, no hesitation. I literally need this cream for my skin.

I don't care for the other Vaseline cocoa butter products (the gel oil, regular lotion in a pump bottle, or jelly), but this stuff is an absolute dream. Has a light cocoa scent sometimes, but is mostly fragrance free.

HG!

on 2/12/2015 4:27:00 PM

This has been my HG body moisturizer for over 7 years now, and has been the only product suitable for my very dry skin sensitive skin; apart from Johnson's baby oil :)

I use this product only on my body and not on my face, all year round; morning and evening; absorbs well, moisturizes and cheap.

Suitable for people with very dry skin.

To Read all 36 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/8/2013 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Great for use as a deep moisturiser. Doesn't seem to stain skin like the Palmer's version. Has a subtle but nice scent to it.

However, this is a refined version of genuine cocoa butter. For a few pounds more you can buy pure, unrefined cocoa butter without all the additives in it, which seems safer to use and a lot more concentrated and beneficial for the skin. You can get this on Ebay for less than £10 for 250g or from organic shops, so I think I will buy the organic, unrefined 100% cocoa butter from now on.
With cancer rates so high in the UK and America, I think it's good to avoid putting anything you use daily on your skin which contains phthalates and parabens. I'm not sure if this product does contain those, but I imagine it probably does. I would buy it again if I was unable to get hold of the pure cocoa butter, but otherwise probably wouldn't.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this a couple of years ago and really liked it. It smelled great and the consistency was nice. More recently though, I haven't been able to find this product in any stores which sucks because I really liked it.

I've been using this for dry winter skin as well as to stave off stretch marks from pregnancy. I switched over from Bio-Oil which wasn't doing much. After a few applications of this body butter, the difference in my skin is remarkable. Dry skin gone. Early stretch mark lines gone! Love this stuff!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have had this body butter for 4 years and it is still about half full....I think that speaks for how much I liked this haha. I don't remember how much this costed but it is a very thick body butter by vaseline. It has a fairly nice cocao buttery scent but it just doesn't do anything. When you put it on it is super hard to spread and just kinda sits on your skin and after as little as 1/2 an hour...your skin feels dry again! Definitely not what you want in the winter. I definitely prefer thinner formulations to thick body butter particularly after use with this one because they simply do not sink in to get a job done. If you're looking for something that is truly going to hydrate your skin, skip the body butters and try a lotion.

on 9/21/2012 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

*POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE REVEIW*
VASELINE COCOA SMOOTHING BODY BUTTER. I used this product everyday all over my body, after I showered and some times before I slept.
Smell: Not the best, but not bad.
Texture: Soft to smooth on, but greasy afterwords. Takes forever to dry.
Price: $5 CAD - Walmart, Superstore, London Drugs
Package: I love the little tub like package, makes it easy to carry around and take the amount you want.
RESULTS: This gave my skin a glow, radiant, and VERY soft and VERY smooth. And best of all, not for one day but for long term. I recomend using religiously to get best reults. BUT unfortintualy I have slowly stopped using this cream, only because of the greasy feeling after applying. I would have to take a towel to my skin to get rid of the greasy wet feel, and yes it would go away. But it had done the best for making my skin looking lushious and feeling very smooth.
-KFoxx

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This stuff is great!!! I don't think I have a single bad thing to say about it. The smell is very nice, a light cocoa butter scent. The cream is very rich and you don't need very much of it. Not expensive, a tub of this is around $5 compared to $18 at the body shop for their body butter! I don't have very dry skin, so this moisturizes perfectly.

on 3/20/2012 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried wide range of several body lotions,creams (clinique,pure petroleum jelly,nivea,johnsons etc.) but nothing compares to this.It is very rich and I can actually feel after several hours that my skin is moisturized well, feels smooth and soft.The smell is very nice if you like coconut and cocoa.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Great cream for those winter months when your skin is really dry. Great smell. I used it all last year through winter on me and my two children and this stuff works great ,skin is soft all day long. And I extremely dry skin in the winter.