Olay Age Defying Body Wash

Olay Age Defying Body Wash

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Amino Methyl Propanol, Lauric Acid, Fragrance, Trihydroxystearin, Sodium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract (Shea Butter), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A) (Vitamin A), DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium EDTA, PEG 14M

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is a fairly nice body wash.
It did soften and moisturize my skin more than others I have tried.
It does not leave a film on the skin or feel heavy just clean and fresh.
By had it does not lather well but is great with a sponge or cloth.
I have used nearly the whole bottle and it has been very gentle on my skin and not caused any irritation.
In the shower, I have even tried this on my face with a konjac sponge and it removed all my makeup and left my skin very soft and almost glowy. It also has not caused any breakouts. I wouldn't use it regularly on my face but in a hurry, it works.
Just to warn you it does have a very strong floral scent.
At first, it doesn't start out too bad but becomes stronger as you release the scent by lathering up.
I really do not care for it at all.
I don't completely hate it but I feel it is a very dated perfume type of scent. It is not a scent I would personally go for. Luckily it does not linger on the skin but leaves a light clean, feminine, whisper of scent before completely fading away.
Sometimes in the shower, it almost reminds me of back in the 90s when someone would always give me one of those perfume gift sets for Christmas and it had the perfume White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor.

Would I buy again?
Right now, no and mainly due to the scent, it is also more expensive than I would like.
I do not mind a scented body wash but this one is a bit much. However, it was a good body wash so I might repurchase again in the future.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm on a huge Olay kick right now, so I decided to pick up this body wash because I love the classic Olay smell and the fact that it has vitamin E in it. I'm so glad I did because it's now one of my favorites! My skin has never felt softer and more moisturized with any other body wash, including bath and body works ones that are about double the price. I love that it doesn't irritate my eczema or make me break out on my body. I'm only 24 so I can't make claims about the anti-aging benefits but you can never start too early. I will be buying this again in the big pump bottle next time!

on 1/24/2016 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

love this product, moisturizes very well. Scent is light and fresh. Will definitely repurchase :)

on 10/14/2015 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Love! It's moisturizing and creamy yet I feel absolutely clean after. Delightful smell! Hasn't irritated my skin. I do think it's a little expensive, but I can't seem to stop buying it. After trying this, it's hard to be satisfied with Suave anymore. I just look out for coupons, but I still get it even if I don't have one. Pure luxury!!

PROS: Wonderfully moisturizing. Actually removes anti-perspirant. And way better than any other I've tried. Luxurious texture. Not super sudsy but also not lotiony. I hate the lotiony ones that leave a tacky film. Mild but pleasant fragrance.

CONS: Price isn't the cheapest. (See my alternates.) Those that like LOTS of suds won't like this.

ALTERNATES: I am in love with the Equate version of this at Walmart. It is called "Age Resisting Body Wash." The scent is a bit more mild, and it absolutely works as well.

on 1/29/2013 12:24:00 PM

I love the floral scent like roses mixed with carnation flowers. All you need is little dime to moist all your body and spreads evenly even without a shower puff.

on 10/8/2012 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

My current favorite everyday body wash. Smells great and definitely leaves my skin softer.

on 5/1/2012 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

age defying body wash is a great body wash! It's got vitamin E,it leaves your skin moisturized and super soft! For the price,you got a nice amount of product! It lathers well! Love it!

on 4/2/2012 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I couldn't believe how moisturizing this wash is! HG body wash for me =)

Looks: white, creamy lotion. very plain

Smells: to me, it is a light pleasant fragrance. I like it.

Feels: lathers up great, smooth (no little beads or scrubbers).

I use this then baby oil right when I'm done with my shower. Sooooo soft <3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Interesting reviews on the scent! Such a huge range of answers....I personally thought the scent was the best part of the body wash! It smells like a mid-age perfume (not "old" in the least!) but somewhat flowery, somewhat musky, amber-y, somewhat like Chanel Allure or along those lines. I thought it smelled GREAT compared to what you usually get as body wash options: fruit, berries, and strong rose scents. I don't care for those at all.

I love how you get a huge bottle for $5 and it lasts me about 2.5 months (my last bottle I got for Christmas and it is now mid-March). I use it with a pouf but have been considering those Japanese bath towels. I think you need a pouf to get the lather--a washcloth just falls flat.

These are "age defying" products because they have a tiny bit of gold shimmer in them--i noticed in the Quench line and the similar A-D in-shower lotion. It isn't tacky--just enough to detract from that flat, dehydrated-looking skin tone you get after a certain age!

I will buy again; I like this product a lot. Wish the scent had more staying power. Usually my husband says something about the scent when I get out of the shower, but he didn't seem to notice this one.